The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Maelstrom weapon dropping in nMA ?

• Siantar
    Siantar
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, you should indeed receive a Maelstrom weapon each time you complete normal Maelstrom Arena (if you are CP160 or above), but right now that's not the case. We're going to work on getting this fixed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Soo when its about casuals and their problems, communication is suddenly real and when vets were waiting for even a word from devs for a month - only silence and heavy moderating... You know, it hurts.
    Edited by Siantar on May 26, 2020 10:59PM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It still drops Weapons of other sets that normally drops from nMA like Elemental Succession, Winterborn... So you have a guarenteed weapon drop of ONE of these sets or Maelstrom Weapons.
    I think it's fair. nMA is cake walk anyway.
    Apperantly, this was wrong.

Yeah tested it myself twice. Got Maelstrom and the regular wep drop.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That response is practically slap in every veteran's face. Way to go, @ZOS_GinaBruno - two years of promising dialogue and counting by now, and company just silently shows that it's oriented on casuals.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That response is practically slap in every veteran's face. Way to go, @ZOS_GinaBruno - two years of promising dialogue and counting by now, and company just silently shows that it's oriented on casuals.

Depends how sensitive the veteran is.
  • HairyFairy
    HairyFairy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, you should indeed receive a Maelstrom weapon each time you complete normal Maelstrom Arena (if you are CP160 or above), but right now that's not the case. We're going to work on getting this fixed.

Lol you'll see this "fix" come in 4-6 months. but please spend all your money on the crown store while they do nothing :)
    Hello darkness my old friend

HairyFairy- MagNB
    Scary-Fairy- MagDK
    HairyFairy's Kitty- StamNB
    Your a Lizard Hairy- MagSorc
    Jarl HairyFairy- StamDK
    Lord HairyFairy- MagPlar
    Craazy Fairy- StamSorc
    HairyFairy The Colossus - StamPlar
    Thanos Ender of Worlds - Stamcro
    Necro-*** - Magcro
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siantar wrote: »

ZOS_GinaBruno Soo when its about casuals and their problems, communication is suddenly real and when vets were waiting for even a word from devs for a month - only silence and heavy moderating... You know, it hurts.

This is not the same thing. Lack of drops in nma is a bug, and because of that answer is quick. If ZOS intended to provide only a chance for drop in nMA, they will be silent. I think their communication rules are simple - if they have quick positive answer - they give it. If they don't have answer or answer is unpleasant - they are silent. You can't blame Gina for that, it is just their internal policy.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did vet a couple times, got nothing i need
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    I got maelstrom bow on first attempt on normal. I have wanted this for years, thank you ZOS for letting us plebs finally get these weapons :D
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ran nMA, didn't get a Maelstrom weapon drop
    Edited by Hamish999 on May 27, 2020 8:58PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there seems to be a similar issue with n Dragon Star Arena which also seems not to have guaranteed arena weapons as weapons from the normal sets drop as well...
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just made a post about this myself. first nMA run I got a greatsword, second run I got only an elemental succession bow.

had the exact same experience in nDSA
  • blendertoes
    blendertoes
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been any update on this bug? I would like to farm the normal arenas but don’t want to waste my time if the game still doesn’t work.
  • Margha_Ralmoren
    Margha_Ralmoren
    ✭✭✭
    I ran it again 11 hours ago on PC NA with another character (CP 412) in normal and a blue Maelstrom inferno staff dropped for me !
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Soo when its about casuals and their problems, communication is suddenly real and when vets were waiting for even a word from devs for a month - only silence and heavy moderating... You know, it hurts.

??? what do you mean ?

One question that was asked on PTS release was :
    Q : Are the old Maelstroem weapons going to be automatically upgraded to perfected ?
    A : No. They'll stay the same, you'll have to re-run the content to gain perfected weapons.
    That answer came pretty much straight away.

The question that is being asked now is :
    Q : are Maelstroem weapons a guaranteed drop from nMA or is it mixed in the random pool with other drops ?
    A: They are a guaranteed drop. If they don't drop, it's a bug.
    And this clear answer also comes straight away.

Just because they aren't the answers you wanted to hear doesn't not mean they weren't given.

And your choice of vocabulary... "it hurts"... come on now...

• stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have 10 runs of normal maelstrom yesterday
    on the 9th run their was no maelstrom drop at all... not a single pieces...
    i did report it as a bug with loot logs...

im really hoping they mail me back a rewards.
    it supposed to be a garanteed drop...

but no answers...
    no feedbacks...

• gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just because they aren't the answers you wanted to hear doesn't not mean they weren't given.

Guess you are right and ZOS is wrong.
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    We should have offered you a more official answer on our stance, and we do apologize for failing to do so. That's on us.

Edited by gatekeeper13 on May 28, 2020 11:51AM
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    just ran nma and didnt get a drop pc eu so problem still hasnt been resolved hopefully will be soon though
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I ran DSA and get Arena weapon (of course not this I wanted :P) and today after another ultra boring run - I get some trash 2h sword from minor arena set so nice waste of time... Eh I wish this Arena was shorter or even harder because it';s not challenge at all and stil it takes 40 minutes of waiting for hopeless mobs.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve run nMA a number of times and have also not received a Maelstrom weapon in final chest in all runs. 900+ CP. Per ZOS’s stated intent for definite drops, MA is bugged. And ZOS should provide replacement MA weapons, with SS proof from customer, just IMO.
    PC/NA
    PvE
    Intel I9-9900K
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
    Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Past few days ive run nMA 3 times, not something that i was ever interested in but as there is now a reasonable reward i gave it a shot for a laugh.

1st run - Maelstrom twin daggers
    2nd run - Maelstrom healing staff (only thing i really wanted)
    3rd run - Maelstrom 2 hander (will end up in the bin as im a finger waggler)
    Dont think it makes a difference but i have 1200+ CP, mage easy mode pet sorcerer.

So defo dropping and guess i got lucky.
    Would i do this on Vet? no chance not my idea of fun - off back to Cyrodiil :)

Be Safe
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    Past few days ive run nMA 3 times, not something that i was ever interested in but as there is now a reasonable reward i gave it a shot for a laugh.

1st run - Maelstrom twin daggers
    2nd run - Maelstrom healing staff (only thing i really wanted)
    3rd run - Maelstrom 2 hander (will end up in the bin as im a finger waggler)
    Dont think it makes a difference but i have 1200+ CP, mage easy mode pet sorcerer.

So defo dropping and guess i got lucky.
    Would i do this on Vet? no chance not my idea of fun - off back to Cyrodiil :)

Be Safe

Im playing nMA and looking for a lightning staff and out of ten runs all ive gotten is stam weapons that ill probably never use, I would have gone insane if I had this same experience farming on vet.
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve run 20+ times and have zero Inferno Staves. Bows, 1/2H, Lightning Staves, everything but an Inferno Staff. I’ve wasted my time doing nMA either getting useless Maelstrom drops (to me) or zero Maelstrom drops on some runs. ZOS has acknowledged this is an issue, how long does it take to fix it?
    PC/NA
    PvE
    Intel I9-9900K
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
    Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Casuals spend more in crown store than you. There is your answer.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Casuals spend more in crown store than you. There is your answer.

Neh. The answer is much more simple. If they got an answer which is good, they might say something. If the answer is bad, silence.
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't loot an MA weapon either.
    Thought I did something wrong and restarted one nMA.
    Since I read this thread I submitted a ticket.
    Thnx
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did nMA other day on 2nd account and got (1) DW weapon drop, not the expected pair.

Supposed to be (2) DW weapons if you get the flurry set but for me at least, bugged to just get (1).

It's like in the old days when they dropped on one at a time, before adding the drop in pairs buff.
    *Edit - old days as in when dropped in vMA. I'm assuming when they put in the code to make it drop in nMA, they forgot to add the buff that guarantees paired weapons to drop in pairs
    Edited by Jacozilla on May 31, 2020 9:17PM
  • Nezyr_Jezz
    Nezyr_Jezz
    ✭✭✭
    54 Maelstrom normal runs since patch.

Result:
    4 times no weapons at all
    50 times multiple instances of every weapon that you could get with different set qualities and item properties but not a single Thunderous Volley maelstrom bow. This is beyond frustrating.

• Nezyr_Jezz
    Nezyr_Jezz
    ✭✭✭
    Jacozilla wrote: »
    Did nMA other day on 2nd account and got (1) DW weapon drop, not the expected pair.

Supposed to be (2) DW weapons if you get the flurry set but for me at least, bugged to just get (1).

It's like in the old days when they dropped on one at a time, before adding the drop in pairs buff.
    *Edit - old days as in when dropped in vMA. I'm assuming when they put in the code to make it drop in nMA, they forgot to add the buff that guarantees paired weapons to drop in pairs

Drops are all over the place. Also there are instances where there is no drop at all. I might be mistaken (because the player pool farming it with NB on normal that i talk with is 7 people) but since the patch, none of us got the bow. Not a single nightblade. I did the most runs, but there are people above 30 as well and they also have that "no weapon" chest from time to time. Did a ticket on that and waiting for response after the initial conversation.
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    did 6 runs and got only 1 weapon for it. Came to the forums and found out it is a bug. Will try again when it is fixed.