The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stucked on infinite "Requesting character load screen"

• AngleZ
    AngleZ
    Soul Shriven
    Same issues for me, infinite loading screen.PC EU
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    KaGaOri wrote: »
    Is there anyone who managed to get in PC/EU after the second downtime? It's been over an hour, two kicks to load screen and the character still won't load.

Nope, tried three times.

PC NA works fine though and Solitude is nicely done ;)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Spiros78
    Spiros78
    ✭✭✭
    Want a solution? The solution, not only for this company, but for any other that provides such...."services" and treats you like a wallet instead of customer, is one and only...

...stop paying for anything else, not for 1-2 months, but for 8-24 months, then sit back and watch them, as they'll actually start doing some proper work on their product and mega(soho) server, instead of throwing those ridiculous "investigation" messages here to calm you down for a while. Furthermore, as they'll start running out of income from the moment you all will cancel any further payment, they'll also start reviewing your feedbacks that they ignored from their "throne".

I've already cancelled my last payment for eso+ and i do not intend to give a single cent to them again, i got tired of this situation, got tired of tolerating their problematic implementations and lags, got tired to be ignored in this way, got tired of temp solutions applied every now and then, got tired of fake announcements of performance improvements, when the only improvement i saw on a high end PC, in areas that i need it, like dungeons or crowded cities, came only when i disabled shadows and reduced distance view down to 25 keeping only the SSAO and disabling any other effect, keeping high only textures and samplings.... only then i had permanent 55-75 fps.

When you all will start realizing that you are the customers and not their plaything, and show them that their choices, affect your choice as well, meaning to continue or stop paying, only then video game companies will start working truly hard and not only on papers. I refuse to pay them more under those circumstances, but one can do no difference and they will care not if they lose a minor sum from me only, ALL game companies.
  • aerosameth
    aerosameth
    ✭✭
    I have been playing this game for 6 years and wasting money, but it's time to quit.
  • Ajaks
    Ajaks
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue. I guess I'll be checking the new chapter tomorrow. :smile:
  • Tommius
    Tommius
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, stuck.
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Same here PC EU.
    I'm surprised that over the years stability of server connection has gotten worse... Obviously the game has gotten more profitable as time progresses, but instead of using those profits to improve overall quality, it seems server capacity isn't on anyone's minds at ZeniMax.
    Edited by Jiigen on May 26, 2020 6:56PM
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anyone who managed to get in PC/EU after the second downtime? It's been over an hour, two kicks to load screen and the character still won't load.

I got in, but then decided to relog...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Reaver-Stormhamre
    Reaver-Stormhamre
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We are looking into reports of players on PC-EU running into infinite loading screens. If you've not done so, you can try removing add-ons and checking that your anti-virus exceptions for ESO are up to date.

its not us its you... great response. how come i loaded straight into NA with all add-ons and antivrus the exact same?

just finally admit that the EU server is toast and do something about it
    Working as intended
  • SnarkyHighElf
    Spiros78 wrote: »
    Want a solution? The solution, not only for this company, but for any other that provides such...."services" and treats you like a wallet instead of customer, is one and only...

...stop paying for anything else, not for 1-2 months, but for 8-24 months, then sit back and watch them, as they'll actually start doing some proper work on their product and mega(soho) server, instead of throwing those ridiculous "investigation" messages here to calm you down for a while. Furthermore, as they'll start running out of income from the moment you all will cancel any further payment, they'll also start reviewing your feedbacks that they ignored from their "throne".

I've already cancelled my last payment for eso+ and i do not intend to give a single cent to them again, i got tired of this situation, got tired of tolerating their problematic implementations and lags, got tired to be ignored in this way, got tired of temp solutions applied every now and then, got tired of fake announcements of performance improvements, when the only improvement i saw on a high end PC, in areas that i need it, like dungeons or crowded cities, came only when i disabled shadows and reduced distance view down to 25 keeping only the SSAO and disabling any other effect, keeping high only textures and samplings.... only then i had permanent 55-75 fps.

When you all will start realizing that you are the customers and not their plaything, and show them that their choices, affect your choice as well, meaning to continue or stop paying, only then video game companies will start working truly hard and not only on papers. I refuse to pay them more under those circumstances, but one can do no difference and they will care not if they lose a minor sum from me only, ALL game companies.

LMFAO you are right but your "high end" pc cant take it a crowded city and you have disabled those options and get 55-75 fps - you do realise thats not a high end pc right? i have everything on ultra and my fps dont drop under 100 :)
  • aerosameth
    aerosameth
    ✭✭
    Every problem occurs on the European server. What are you waiting for?
  • Mazra
    Mazra
    ✭✭✭
    LMFAO you are right but your "high end" pc cant take it a crowded city and you have disabled those options and get 55-75 fps - you do realise thats not a high end pc right? i have everything on ultra and my fps dont drop under 100 :)

What's your rig?
  • 0lbertikus
    0lbertikus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any Further updates on PC EU Login issues?
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woufff wrote: »

Nope, tried three times.

NA is not working fine, loading screens there are insanely long although if I wait ten minutes or so it'll eventually load. It's so bad I'll have to time it it next time but it's totally not feasible. There's a ridiculous amount of hard disk activity the whole time - what the hell could it be loading?
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • DwainG82
    DwainG82
    ✭✭
    same issue here. I came back to the game since 2015 and now i can't even get in. Gladly i didn't pay anything yet.
  • SnarkyHighElf
    DwainG82 wrote: »
    same issue here. I came back to the game since 2015 and now i can't even get in. Gladly i didn't pay anything yet.

good welcoming comitee huh? :))
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    Getting stucked as well, but on PC-NA, ESO when loading don't consume any % of HD.

Might be a weird fix, but try removing ESO from Firewall and add again.
    Edited by Ecfigies on May 26, 2020 8:08PM
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the problem is arriving on the NA server now that more and more people begin to log in.
  • Sheen
    Sheen
    ✭✭
    NA is not working fine, loading screens there are insanely long although if I wait ten minutes or so it'll eventually load. It's so bad I'll have to time it it next time but it's totally not feasible. There's a ridiculous amount of hard disk activity the whole time - what the hell could it be loading?

I've created a new char on NA waiting for EU revive... it works yeah but as you say, loading are very long.

Guys, the game is great and there are a lot of customers, you have money, use it, improve server, test your patch, improve support, read forum and keep your customers, game is not in good health.

• Belb
    Belb
    woufff wrote: »

Nope, tried three times.

When I logged onto US server 1-2 hours ago or so to test if it worked, it was very fast. I guess US servers are suffering from the regular players and the influx of EU players wanting to play during the wait for a fix.
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    I think the best thing to do when EU is down, is join US and play a bit there until that server goes down as well and a fix becomes more important.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • BloodLegions
    BloodLegions
    ✭✭
    Have we got an ETA of when the EU servers are gonna be back on and we can log in to play cus its like 9.30pm in the uk and 10.30 for europe....
  • b3ta
    b3ta
    Soul Shriven
    In response to the ongoing issues on PC EU affecting logins and connectivity, we will be performing maintenance and bringing the server offline shortly. We anticipate downtime to be approximately 1-2 hours.
  • SnarkyHighElf
    b3ta wrote: »
    In response to the ongoing issues on PC EU affecting logins and connectivity, we will be performing maintenance and bringing the server offline shortly. We anticipate downtime to be approximately 1-2 hours.

meaning its gonna be another day :)))
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are looking into reports of players on PC-EU running into infinite loading screens. If you've not done so, you can try removing add-ons and checking that your anti-virus exceptions for ESO are up to date.

I did all that earlier and no joy. Put everything back and decided to try the NA server for the first time. Managed to get on there pretty fast, created and played with a character for a bit then closed that down and came back to the EU server.. stuck at character loading screen again, so it's the server not the addons or anti-virus causing this to happen.
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    I did all that earlier and no joy [...] stuck at character loading screen again, so it's the server not the addons or anti-virus causing this to happen.

I'm surprised you even went along with them and thought it might be you rather than them.

PC EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have updates on a few different issues in the thread linked below. Regarding login issues, the morning maintenance should have helped resolve the login and loading issues on PC-EU.

PC/Mac Login/Connectivity/Access Issues - May 26 [Updated May 27]
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • fakingfocused
    fakingfocused
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Having same problem. Perpetual character loading screen

PS4 NA
    PSN Id
    Berserker_Rage_X

Disconnected while in my main house. Cannot log in on main character. Tried logging in on Alt to remove items from within house. Problem persists.
    Also Deleted/reinstaled the game
    Also deleted local save data
    Also submitted a trouble ticket
    Also tried switching megaserver
    Edited by fakingfocused on August 11, 2020 10:44PM
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same for ME FFS OVER 35 HOURS NOW!!! MEGASERVER EU ...... CMON
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is a few months old, the discussion will now be closed. If you are still having an issue please go ahead and start a new thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.