Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gate Camping (lets define it)

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It use to happen when each alliance unofficially had their buff campaigns. At times they would have a fully locked population while the other 2 alliances couldnt even muster 1 bar combined.

Naturally they would paint the map 1 color and even go to their gates and kill anybody the second they would drop down.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Gate camping is taking the tri keeps and staying at the open gate that has no scroll to fight the people coming out of the gate. None of these options describe gate camping, and gate camping rarely happens these days.

THIS.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    It is holding/defending the "gate keeps" after the scrolls are long gone.

Doesn't really have much to do with score(see below).

IMO it is OK to do this only in the last few days of the campaign IF the outcome is still contested and those few points might make a difference.
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beaverton wrote: »

IMO it is OK to do this only in the last few days of the campaign IF the outcome is still contested and those few points might make a difference.

I was unware that campaign points earned in the first 25 days were counted differently than the last 5.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gate Camping is taking the gate keeps themselves, Example, Kings and Farr, and/or fighting at the gate, while “behind” in total points.
    Gate camping isn't the act of taking the keeps - its the act of fighting the faction at their gates / home base and not letting them leave to siege anything back.

this. i couldnt find the selection for this.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gate camping isn't the act of taking the keeps - its the act of fighting the faction at their gates / home base and not letting them leave to siege anything back.

^This is gate camping.

Not that just taking the tri keeps when there are no scrolls just to consume the entire map with superior bodies is not as frowned upon; the literal definition is what Izanagi said.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Beaverton wrote: »

I was unware that campaign points earned in the first 25 days were counted differently than the last 5.

They are counted the same but they have different value. The value of any commodity or currency is situational and also individual.

The effect is also different. Usually gate camping discourages players from staying logged in (on both sides of it). However, at the end of the last Greyhost campaign, blue and red tried to gate camp AD but since AD and DC were battling for third, AD stayed logged on to battle it out against both factions and it was epic. I don't think we/they would have done that in the middle of the campaign.

I have been on a faction that gate camped and IMO the added points were not worth the negative effect, i.e. discouraging players from staying logged on which results in fewer good fights. So I guess for me, fights>points. You may value things differently.
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as gate camping, its all legal.
    gate camping is what we did back in the days when we held an alliance at their home gate killing them as they came out door or of the walls lol and i wont get into killing them in their safe zone lol taking keeps is how you get points gate camping is how you farm AP