The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cloak - The most controversial skill in the game. How should it work?

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Here's another problem. Healing Ward and Regen currently uncloak you. So you believe ZOS will catch that one and adjust it? Or you're telling me I have to find a rock to hide behind so I can cast my healing out of sight, wait for 8 seconds, then reenter the fight? All the while stamblades can Rally, because that does not uncloak you? What if I want to top off resources with Meditate for a second? What if I want to use Purge to clean off sorc curses and the like? I have to wait 8 seconds to reenter cloak? No thank you.

I have given this a bit more thought and in retrospect I think your'e right. Existingrug61 pretty much nailed it on the head regarding its strengths, but he also pointed out some weaknesses that i took for granted such as burning siege equipment.
    Yeah, that was a good one.
    With that being said, I do wish to raise the issue of player who keep asking for nerfs to the duration or cost increases.
    Yeah, those players don't realise the extent to which Cloak is NBs main defense. Shields don't really cut it on NB, unless you want to force them into CP only, playing a mag-stacking build. I think NBs main defensive strategy should remain damage avoidance.
    Yet, I do get worried when I read posts elsewhere that cry for it to be reduced to 2 seconds or some people even wanting it to be 1 second. Is the community doomed to be eternally divided on this?
    It probably is, because there is turnover and newer players run into the same issues and will make the same arguments. The only thing I can think of is education. Whenever someone cries about NBs, I tell them what the counters are. NBs are so nerfed, they really aren't much of a problem anymore. That clip of mine even bears this out. A kill should generate 1.5K AP. When you look at how little AP I generate from most kills, you know those were already damaged players or simply bad ones who kept dying to everyone at that outpost.
    Edited by fred4 on May 24, 2020 12:11PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No nb is the stealth class cloak is not op but like every defensive skill good when used right shade first or los then cloak and against good players in 1v1s most nbs will take cloak off.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP, what you proposed isn’t a rework it’s a straight up nerf, to a class that really doesn’t need it.
    The only thing they need to do to cloak is fix it so it actually works. I would appreciate it if one of the 5 people chasing me spamming heavy lightning didn’t break cloak.
    Edited by Alchimiste1 on May 25, 2020 4:28PM
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another problem. Healing Ward and Regen currently uncloak you. So you believe ZOS will catch that one and adjust it? Or you're telling me I have to find a rock to hide behind so I can cast my healing out of sight, wait for 8 seconds, then reenter the fight? All the while stamblades can Rally, because that does not uncloak you? What if I want to top off resources with Meditate for a second? What if I want to use Purge to clean off sorc curses and the like? I have to wait 8 seconds to reenter cloak? No thank you.

I have given this a bit more thought and in retrospect I think your'e right. Existingrug61 pretty much nailed it on the head regarding its strengths, but he also pointed out some weaknesses that i took for granted such as burning siege equipment.
    Yeah, that was a good one.
    With that being said, I do wish to raise the issue of player who keep asking for nerfs to the duration or cost increases.
    Yeah, those players don't realise the extent to which Cloak is NBs main defense. Shields don't really cut it on NB, unless you want to force them into CP only, playing a mag-stacking build. I think NBs main defensive strategy should remain damage avoidance.
    Yet, I do get worried when I read posts elsewhere that cry for it to be reduced to 2 seconds or some people even wanting it to be 1 second. Is the community doomed to be eternally divided on this?
    It probably is, because there is turnover and newer players run into the same issues and will make the same arguments. The only thing I can think of is education. Whenever someone cries about NBs, I tell them what the counters are. NBs are so nerfed, they really aren't much of a problem anymore. That clip of mine even bears this out. A kill should generate 1.5K AP. When you look at how little AP I generate from most kills, you know those were already damaged players or simply bad ones who kept dying to everyone at that outpost.

Appreciate the feedback. You raised some points I forgot about. I actually got back on my Stamblade today and yes, I was using cloak in ways that I took for granted. So perhaps, it is not cloak at all we should be looking at and more on the other skills and how they synergise.