The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

magdk theory crafted build

lucky_Sage
lucky_Sage
✭✭✭✭✭
how well do y'all thank this build would preform this is unbuffed
c307vppfl3rm.png
Edited by lucky_Sage on May 23, 2020 6:23AM
DC PC NA
Magdk - main
Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
magdk
magblade
stamplar
magden
magsorc

• Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    I worry about the lack of defense on this build really. That physical resistance is pretty low even unbuffed. None of your sets are mitigating damage, and you dont have any percentage mitigation like minor protection or swift / potentate. You have plenty of healing and damage, which is good. I tend to prefer elemental drain over Flames of oblivion because of the additional damage and sustain.

I would say replace the burning spell weave restoration staff with a potentates restoration staff instead. You dont really have to proc BSW on back bar necessarily, and the 5% damage mitigation from players is very worthwhile.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere wrote: »
    I worry about the lack of defense on this build really. That physical resistance is pretty low even unbuffed. None of your sets are mitigating damage, and you dont have any percentage mitigation like minor protection or swift / potentate. You have plenty of healing and damage, which is good. I tend to prefer elemental drain over Flames of oblivion because of the additional damage and sustain.

I would say replace the burning spell weave restoration staff with a potentates restoration staff instead. You dont really have to proc BSW on back bar necessarily, and the 5% damage mitigation from players is very worthwhile.

I always forget about potentates
    But with 4 well fitted and the high Stan recov I plan on dodge rolling a lot even for a max build why I went tri enchants to get 17.6k Stam
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think defence is very low and your recovery is low considering you're not using ele drain. I would slot ele drain, use maybe swift instead of eternal vigor and I would recommend grothdaar over valkyn, it's amazing pressure and feels a bit more reliable than valkyn, but that's personal preference.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think defence is very low and your recovery is low considering you're not using ele drain. I would slot ele drain, use maybe swift instead of eternal vigor and I would recommend grothdaar over valkyn, it's amazing pressure and feels a bit more reliable than valkyn, but that's personal preference.

really recov is high for me I run 1100 recov on live
    yeah I did think about running grottgar and put temporal guard on back bar
    Edited by lucky_Sage on May 23, 2020 3:01PM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is the build fully buffed with Continuous Attack but no keep or scroll bonous
    oz1we09broap.png
    this is under 50% HP
    00hourat2a61.png
    this build has the highest dmg and sustain than any other build ive made
    Edited by lucky_Sage on May 23, 2020 3:10PM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With that many flame skills I'm sure recovery isn't that bad. He is a magDK which means he has battle roar and every single flame status effect he procs gives him 500 magicka. I still personally like slotting elemental drain anyway because it reduces your enemy's defenses on top of a bit better sustain, but that's just me.

Your back bar is very similar to mine but I instead use Degeneration for the major sorcery buff instead of structured entropy for the heal. Flames of Oblivion is nice but I honestly prefer cauterize or inner light more. Cauterize for healing and Inner Light for boosting all the damage of the skills on my front bar.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • RamiroCruzo
    RamiroCruzo
    ✭✭✭
    Slight issue there with defense, but you're on NA so it'd be fine.

My two cent, if you're going for burning proc sustain and Valkyn Skoria to carry your damage, I think you should consider something like Grothdarr, Elf Bane, Leeching Charged Inferno and Charged vMA Resto Backbar.
    Having a light side... And a Dark side... Is what makes life interesting...
    High as Nord and Proud as Dark Elf
    Blood for the Pact