The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Magica Character based on PTS Info

eightbitzme
eightbitzme
Soul Shriven
Returning player here; looking to start a new mag character. I already have a sorc and mag blade.

Before I grind out a new toon I wanted to get some feedback on if the Greymoor changes on pts have changed the mag classes at the “top” so to speak or any feedback for what’s next. Thanks!
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magsorc is decent, good in PvP in the right hands. magblade has fallen in both PvP and pve. Though recently hearing things that are suggesting that magblade might make a comeback in the PvE meta in greymoor but that is just a speculation.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MagDK will return to same issues caused by extremely high skill costs, as you are used to from the past. You can overcome this by being a vampire and using a melee spammable with health cost, but I feel that many would not like this.

Magplar is fairly decent, very flexible with ability to effectively go ranged or melee build. It tends to fall off on dummy parses but in actual encounter it shines, so don't let numbers from dummies fool you.

Magsorc will be the ranged god especialy after Greymoor bugfixes to pets, but is completely pidgeonholed to pets. If you don't like pets, you should absolutely go different class, possibly magblade. Petless magsorc is just a much weaker magblade TBH.

Magwarden is kind of a wild card. It dps suxed since the beggining but it has a lot of defensive options which allows it to tinker with new mythic gloves Thrassarian Stranglers and Vampire kiss-curse abilities and possibly coming with some crazy numbers without limiting himself too much.

Magnecro, you shouldn't even bother with this. The class would be great and very enjoyable if not for technical issues plaguing it. Its dps is completely reliant on casting Blastbones as frequently as possible, but due to not being able to cast BB before previous one exploded and its pathing issues (that small green idiot sometimes simply stands there and stare on the boss without exploding for like 10 seconds), your rotation will be very inconsistent. Second technical issue is with corpse-siphoning which is very buggy and interferes with other necros in your group. Magnecro is the exact opposite case magplar, don't let numbers from dummy fool you, magnecro does decently on dummy parses but in actual encounter it struggles. You may have some bright moments when both siphon and BB work fine but you will definitely have moments of your abilities not working at all. It is enjoyable and good, but very inconsistent.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on May 23, 2020 6:31AM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvP, Magicka Sorcerer is the overall best Magicka class. In certain situations I think a Mag DK can be better, but they're definitely more "team sensitive" in Battlegrounds than Sorcerers are (ie, in the matches with a ton of Bombard and Charged Ice Staff spam, DKs have a much harder time). And with a lot of people likely either ditching Vampirism entirely, or staying at stage 1 or 2 instead of 4, Mag DKs will be getting an indirect PvP nerf.

Magicka Nightblades may very well end up being stronger than ever when it comes to gank builds in Greymoor, but they have a lot of PvP issues otherwise. If you're like me and think that 1-shot ganks make for very poor, boring gameplay experience for everyone involved, it's probably not the best class choice.
  • eightbitzme
    eightbitzme
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the feedback! It’s ashamed they haven’t fixed necro yet. I rolled a Stam necro that I’ll pick back up with but need a good mag toon. Guess I’ll give magplar a go hopefully they are viable in end game this patch.
  • bulcke10
    bulcke10
    ✭✭✭
    MagDK will return to same issues caused by extremely high skill costs, as you are used to from the past. You can overcome this by being a vampire and using a melee spammable with health cost, but I feel that many would not like this.

Magplar is fairly decent, very flexible with ability to effectively go ranged or melee build. It tends to fall off on dummy parses but in actual encounter it shines, so don't let numbers from dummies fool you.

Magsorc will be the ranged god especialy after Greymoor bugfixes to pets, but is completely pidgeonholed to pets. If you don't like pets, you should absolutely go different class, possibly magblade. Petless magsorc is just a much weaker magblade TBH.

Magwarden is kind of a wild card. It dps suxed since the beggining but it has a lot of defensive options which allows it to tinker with new mythic gloves Thrassarian Stranglers and Vampire kiss-curse abilities and possibly coming with some crazy numbers without limiting himself too much.

Magnecro, you shouldn't even bother with this. The class would be great and very enjoyable if not for technical issues plaguing it. Its dps is completely reliant on casting Blastbones as frequently as possible, but due to not being able to cast BB before previous one exploded and its pathing issues (that small green idiot sometimes simply stands there and stare on the boss without exploding for like 10 seconds), your rotation will be very inconsistent. Second technical issue is with corpse-siphoning which is very buggy and interferes with other necros in your group. Magnecro is the exact opposite case magplar, don't let numbers from dummy fool you, magnecro does decently on dummy parses but in actual encounter it struggles. You may have some bright moments when both siphon and BB work fine but you will definitely have moments of your abilities not working at all. It is enjoyable and good, but very inconsistent.

Hi what are the bug fixes for pets and why is pet magsorc much better than non pet? because I want to make a mag sorc pvp build.. '
    Thanks
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bulcke10 wrote: »

Hi what are the bug fixes for pets and why is pet magsorc much better than non pet? because I want to make a mag sorc pvp build.. '
    Thanks

Damage boosts:
    • Pets will now properly inherit their parent’s bonuses related to armor, such as Concentration or Prodigy. (Crit/Penetration passives)
    • Fixed an issue where pets could not inherit the Bloodthirsty(+10% dmg done to -25% health targets) or Charged(+220% status effect chance) traits.

Some bug fixes:
    • Fixed an issue where pets could fail to summon if you immediately began sprinting after casting.
    • Pet damage now progresses damage-based achievements.
    • Pet summoning abilities now have a preventative window after completing their cast that prevents attempting to summon them again while they’re already alive.
    • Pet basic attacks can no longer remove players from stealth or invisibility; only special Area of Effect attacks that require special activation, such as Blastbones or Ultimates, will remove stealth.

Pet Sorcs always seem to be about 1-4% dps ahead of Non-Pet Sorc when looking at patch to patch. Plus side of non-pet is not having to rely on pet ai and more flexibility with your bar space.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on May 24, 2020 6:44PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bulcke10 wrote: »

Thanks

I play petless magsorc in PvP myself. It's completely fine and actualy very good. Not as good as one with the Matriarch heal but still fully manageable.

My comment above was purely from PvE perspective.