The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gray Host PC/NA Episode 4.5

• Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    Enkil wrote: »
    AHTU does NOT fully represent EP

[...] If you look at the map, and try to decide where the next logical location for you to attack or defend is, chances are there’s another group (leader) who will make the same decision. Chances are higher if it’s a good decision! Many players believe that other groups follow them around, and if you talk to the leaders of each group, you’ll find that they all believe that it’s the others who follow them!

Perhaps that is the case on AD, and might be why almost the whole faction shows up to PvDoor a keep/outpost. However, the purpose of Cyrodiil is to PvP, specifically siege warfare; not to gain AP as most players these days seem to think.

I don't keep track of who is who as i play multiple campaigns, but if u are leading these grey host AD zergs that PvDoor blitz undefended keeps with ult dumps, heal spam, synergies, etc... Defenders cannot even use counter siege because of your tactics and the (un)responsiveness/lag of the game. Is AP that vital to so many? You are doing a disservice to whoever you are "leading" with this type of ridiculous and laughable gameplay. (I've talked at length to several AD players who readily acknowledge the absurdity but want the AP)

What "leaders" of zergs think about the map is not where we can look to find robust PvP these days. Across all factions and campaigns, with few exceptions, the drive is to PvDoor empty keeps and shun long sustained sieges, which is supposed to be the emphasis of Cyrodiil. For many players, myself included, those sieges that last hours have been the most fun and memorable experiences in ESO PvP. Not much else even registers.

The devs have encouraged PvDoor play (mostly via ignorance and neglect), but also with the introduction of, and refusal to, balance the hammer; which has exacerbated the issue.

Please do not consider yourself a "leader" simply because u invite others and tell them to stack on crown, but then constantly target empty enemy keeps. I say same to all, including EP. This is NOT leadership!!! It's impotence!!

BRING ON THE SIEGES! Push the front and hit the well-defended inner keep(s) with your 40+ zerg maybe????

Edited by Enkil on June 7, 2020 6:31AM
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    AHTU does NOT fully represent EP

[...] If you look at the map, and try to decide where the next logical location for you to attack or defend is, chances are there’s another group (leader) who will make the same decision. Chances are higher if it’s a good decision! Many players believe that other groups follow them around, and if you talk to the leaders of each group, you’ll find that they all believe that it’s the others who follow them!

Perhaps that is the case on AD, and might be why almost the whole faction shows up to PvDoor a keep/outpost. However, the purpose of Cyrodiil is to PvP, specifically siege warfare; not to gain AP as most players these days seem to think.

I don't keep track of who is who as i play multiple campaigns, but if u are leading these grey host AD zergs that PvDoor blitz undefended keeps with ult dumps, heal spam, synergies, etc... Defenders cannot even use counter siege because of your tactics and the responsiveness/lag of the game. Is AP that vital to so many? You are doing a disservice to whoever you are "leading" with this type of ridiculous and laughable gameplay. (I've talked at length to several AD players who readily acknowledge the absurdity but want the AP)

What "leaders" of zergs think about the map is not where we can look to find robust PvP these days. Across all factions and campaigns, with few exceptions, the drive is to PvDoor empty keeps and shun long sustained sieges, which is supposed to be the emphasis of Cyrodiil. For many players, myself included, those sieges that last hours have been the most fun and memorable experiences in ESO PvP. Not much else even registers.

The devs have encouraged PvDoor play (mostly via ignorance and neglect), but also with the introduction of, and refusal to, balance the hammer; which has exacerbated the issue.

Please do not consider yourself a "leader" simply because u invite others and tell them to stack on crown, but then constantly target empty enemy keeps. I say same to all, including EP. This is NOT leadership!!! It's impotence!!

BRING ON THE SIEGES! Push the front and hit the well-defended inner keep(s) with your 40+ zerg maybe????

People play as they wish. If you want to pvp attack those whose pvdooring and you will get pvp.

If by pvp you mean 2-3 people group up the take rss hoping some player to come then tower humping thats your choice. Then crying when larger group coming “its not fair zerg killed me, my godly build cant 1vx”.

Like some people posted above you cant really controls casuals, they will come and go as they please except probably people in pvp guild.

I’ve only started pvp in 2017 and most casuals play by following group or where the action is, regardless of pvpdoor or pvsomething. But in 2017-2018 there is a lot more people in cyrodiil so you bound to run into enemy faction, a lot more groups so when you think you siege empty keep there is almost people will show up to defend. I dont know how pvp before 2017 looks like.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what's going on to make the thread toxic. Really, the best way to get fights is to get to the keep being attacked and defend. Usually not enough shows as enough people come to burst the keep before warning is sounded, and take it before people respond.

Even if the alarm iij s sounded, I was on last week to where the response to DC trikeeps was "while they are busy there, let's take these other keeps" because it's more free AP.

So those of you going back and forth seem to both be right without needing to attack each other. I'm a part of both thoughts throughout the week depending on what our group is made of.
    Edited by technohic on June 7, 2020 1:32PM
  • Minoa86
    Minoa86
    Soul Shriven
    Who lava whipped me while I was on siege weapon?
    Elly the Medicine Woman | Minoa the Medic - baby medic with big dreams~
    Who stole that Skooma?
    #freeRoselle
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elly_ESO wrote: »
    Who lava whipped me while I was on siege weapon?
    Is your char elly-the-medicine-woman?
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry to break it to you but AD has no grand plan, there are a few guilds the grab people and do things, but one of AD's strengths and weaknesses has always been its full of fairly competent, independent, zerg surfers looking for a fight, and tend to just push the front line ring wherever its at atm.

the fairly competent part comes from, if its clear their getting farmed one direction, they go another, if a keeps UA and they can get to it, they will. (and is pretty good about taking advantage of where our few groups are hitting)

sadly this kind of group cannot fight organized raids and we have limited organized raids to counter with, thus we tend to get smashed when big raid groups are on pushing their front (Feng, Drac, Tyr, etc.)

however its also why we can do pretty well when those groups log off. (DC especially historically had a big problem with the pugs being overly reliant on the raid groups to get anything done in the past.)

still, with the token swap, seems like EP lost some of its fodder over to DC. this is borderline in the history of ESO EVER that I have seen DC actually have full pop for a long period of time.
    Edited by Wing on June 8, 2020 7:10AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calling it now: Ahtu will care about the score again due to EP being the ones nightcapping the map the past few days, now!
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevidyra wrote: »
    Calling it now: Ahtu will care about the score again due to EP being the ones nightcapping the map the past few days, now!

It was kind if fun watching the futility of a pop locked EP try to take a scroll of the 2 bar DC yesterday. Naturally DC had its own struggles, but to have double the numbers and be repelled several times...
  • Minoa86
    Minoa86
    Soul Shriven
    xshatox wrote: »
    Is your char elly-the-medicine-woman?

Yes, the resident baby templar dad jokester. I modified my signature for more information.
    Elly the Medicine Woman | Minoa the Medic - baby medic with big dreams~
    Who stole that Skooma?
    #freeRoselle
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    The daily lowpop AP has been extremely nice for AD. I've made about 4 mil so far, mainly over the last few days. Thank you EP/DC for stacking the map during the night/morning and then afternoon, respectively.
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The daily lowpop AP has been extremely nice for AD. I've made about 4 mil so far, mainly over the last few days. Thank you EP/DC for stacking the map during the night/morning and then afternoon, respectively.

You guys have been getting low pop in AD?

Doesn't that mean you are in 1st place?

2nd place at least for not playing, right?
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    technohic wrote: »

Lol low pop is keeping us close to second place. Then when a certain streamer logs off we will be in second again after a few evaluations, thanks to low pop keeping us close.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol low pop is keeping us close to second place. Then when a certain streamer logs off we will be in second again after a few evaluations, thanks to low pop keeping us close.

Oh. I thought it made factions win by not playing
  • Dominion_Nightblade

Oh. I thought it made factions win by not playing

Lol now you are just being silly.. Or the concept is going over your head. We dont have low pop for 8 hours straight like DC did a few times last campaign with 300+ points an evaluation putting them in 2nd or 1st place. However, we have low pop long enough each morning to get us back in second after one of my rival zerglords logs off. In our case its working as intended because it goes away as soon as we get pop. Last campaign it stayed well after DC claimed half the map with same pop as other factions.
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    I think the trick here is to get low pop after prime time, not before it.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTH happened that DC has a queue on a weeknight? Or any time outside an event really.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTH happened that DC has a queue on a weeknight? Or any time outside an event really.

alliance change token, been some weird moves.

i think alot of fanbois moved to DC
    Edited by Wing on June 18, 2020 4:03PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

New territory for me but also saw Blackreach 3 bars across. Did we maybe get some EU players?
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

New territory for me but also saw Blackreach 3 bars across. Did we maybe get some EU players?

no, no, pretty sure thats just the streamer crowd.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick