The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Gray Host PC/NA Episode 4.5

• Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's all the DC from Ravenwatch that are on Gray Host because their campaign is underpopulated. Just saw Homicide last night and DC was pop-locked at 1 AM. I'm surprised a certain streamer hasn't shown his face yet as I've seen a couple of his followers as of late.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Ahtu wrote: »
    DC emped this morning at 6 AM and took all the scrolls. We beat them off furiously but kept getting pushed back outnumbered 2 to 1. AD was not helping at all.

Thank you for that.

*lights a smoke and lays back*

Well played :P
    That's a big dtick if I've ever seen one! :o
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on June 1, 2020 8:51AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    The streamer has returned to Cyrodiil. DC took both AD's scrolls when they were out of position at Drake/Brindle. We tried to take Mnem scroll but we were beaten off at the Bay Bridge and DC recovered the scroll.

They had 3-5 raids while we had 1 and AD had 2. Two bars to one.
    Edited by Ahtu on June 1, 2020 8:17PM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The streamer has returned to Cyrodiil. DC took both AD's scrolls when they were out of position at Drake/Brindle. We tried to take Mnem scroll but we were beaten off at the Bay Bridge and DC recovered the scroll.

They're poplocked keeping ad/ep gated now and have been for a while
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭

Feng?
    We need more public enemy to be used to rally pug. Usually feng and ahtu bu since these recently starting to mellow the hatred is not strong enough. Right now we use xan hatred to rally people to dc.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good thing. Now Greyhost has become the most important campaign to DC too. No more excuses to DC not to show up here. Nor should AD and EP not take DC as a serious contender for the win.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaaaaand AD night capped the whole map again causing them to jump to first place and 1500 points ahead.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaaaaand AD night capped the whole map again causing them to jump to first place and 1500 points ahead.

But I thought you didn't care about the campaign score.
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

But I thought you didn't care about the campaign score.

Ahtu just loves posting about the score to let us know they don't care about the score.
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to care about score when off-hours zerging predetermines campaign victory regardless of what's done during regular hours. It should also be noted that these groups do not have the same success when fighting even numbered or outnumbered as they do when they have no opposition. I care about leading, strategy, and competition at this point, something these groups know nothing about.
    Edited by Ahtu on June 3, 2020 2:50AM
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭

Try asking AD to play at your convenience and not their own since apparently it’s unacceptable for others to play when you’re not on.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cerotonin wrote: »

Try asking AD to play at your convenience and not their own since apparently it’s unacceptable for others to play when you’re not on.

I'm not saying it's not all right to capture the whole map with no resistance whilst pop-locked in the middle of North American night time. I am saying that it's a cowardly tactic and it would be interesting to see what would happen if one faction didn't do this every single night. I don't know why everyone chooses to play AD in Australia, but you would think they would spread out amongst the three factions to, you know, PvP?
    Edited by Ahtu on June 3, 2020 4:19AM
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not saying it's not all right to capture the whole map with no resistance whilst pop-locked in the middle of North American night time. I am saying that it's a cowardly tactic and it would be interesting to see what would happen if one faction didn't do this every single night. I don't know why everyone chooses to play AD in Australia, but you would think they would spread out amongst the three factions to, you know, PvP?
    Aussie and asian mostly play AD since the begining of ESO. And I think lots of NA player switch to AD since zone chat is much more nicer during asian/aussie prime time and if you just want to group there is usually group running those time. I’ve noticed during NA primetime zone chat is more toxic and I know this is internet so people should not care about some basemetn dwelling chest pumping but it can be nice if you have more constructive and fun zone chat.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xshatox wrote: »

Aussie and asian mostly play AD since the begining of ESO. And I think lots of NA player switch to AD since zone chat is much more nicer during asian/aussie prime time and if you just want to group there is usually group running those time. I’ve noticed during NA primetime zone chat is more toxic and I know this is internet so people should not care about some basemetn dwelling chest pumping but it can be nice if you have more constructive and fun zone chat.

AHTU does NOT fully represent EP..

having started ESO from Hawaii, i can confirm that AD is super nice mostly since launch.. (TOO CARE-BEAR)

(might not be so true nowadays)

but being "nice" is not always best.... EP is NEVER gonna be "soft" like AD players might want. This is a PvP game.
    Edited by Enkil on June 3, 2020 8:40AM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a funny feeling if AHTU had AD zerglings join his Zerg he would regain victory for EP. We would hear how great EP is, we would get more Score updates, and he would give his self all the credit.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I like about PvP: large scale battles between approximately even forces. This is fun; there is nothing like it. If 50 DC defends Aleswell against 60 EP, well good for them, it was a fun fight. If 40 EP defends BRK against 50 AD, it's fun. If 100 players are fighting in the open field, it is fun chaos.

Last night I logged on much later than normal (it was maybe 130 am EST). There was a huge blob of ~80 AD vs. about 15 EP. The EP had the hammer for about 15 minutes before AD took it, then they just rampaged through the map. It just isn't fun, for me at least. I'm guessing most people feel this way, except for the uber ball groups who can run around indefinitely not taking damage. I don't play in groups so just have my own buffs and heals; when 10-15 players mob you, you die.

There is actually no solution. People play when they can. Increasingly when I log on, one faction has many more players than the others.

EP is really a shadow of its former self, tbh, even when not completely outnumbered. This from someone who has only played EP for the last 3.5 years. The pugs aren't organized in prime time and VE and Dracarys are either on other factions or doing something else. Its pathetic to see 20-30 EP pugs try to take a keep now. They run around killing guards while putting up maybe 5 siege. If a keep is attacked, few ep go to defend. When they do defend, they don't know how to place oils/siege on the strategic points , so the enemy blob just rushes in, no fight. Most of them have never been in guilds, it seems, so they really don't know what to do. There are no "zone generals"; the single pug group that runs has no discord and probably no organization as far as I can tell; they are run by inexperienced people it seems.

AD and DC on the whole are playing much better than EP now.

Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    What I like about PvP: large scale battles between approximately even forces. This is fun; there is nothing like it. If 50 DC defends Aleswell against 60 EP, well good for them, it was a fun fight. If 40 EP defends BRK against 50 AD, it's fun. If 100 players are fighting in the open field, it is fun chaos.

Last night I logged on much later than normal (it was maybe 130 am EST). There was a huge blob of ~80 AD vs. about 15 EP. The EP had the hammer for about 15 minutes before AD took it, then they just rampaged through the map. It just isn't fun, for me at least. I'm guessing most people feel this way, except for the uber ball groups who can run around indefinitely not taking damage. I don't play in groups so just have my own buffs and heals; when 10-15 players mob you, you die.

There is actually no solution. People play when they can. Increasingly when I log on, one faction has many more players than the others.

EP is really a shadow of its former self, tbh, even when not completely outnumbered. This from someone who has only played EP for the last 3.5 years. The pugs aren't organized in prime time and VE and Dracarys are either on other factions or doing something else. Its pathetic to see 20-30 EP pugs try to take a keep now. They run around killing guards while putting up maybe 5 siege. If a keep is attacked, few ep go to defend. When they do defend, they don't know how to place oils/siege on the strategic points , so the enemy blob just rushes in, no fight. Most of them have never been in guilds, it seems, so they really don't know what to do. There are no "zone generals"; the single pug group that runs has no discord and probably no organization as far as I can tell; they are run by inexperienced people it seems.

AD and DC on the whole are playing much better than EP now.

I will return to prime time starting Sunday to help change that. Army of the Pact is a plague to EP, and their bowtard leader allows AD to have free reign while he is off doing dolmens. We will stop that and put an end to Army of the Pact and their weak leader.

GAO-PVP will rise again.
    Edited by Ahtu on June 3, 2020 10:58PM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP has great zone chat and it actually works unlike the server..

I don't blame anyone, I think a lot of us are just done with the performance..
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

True the performance has been terrible for so long.

Although, and I don't know if anyone else agrees, it seems better the last 4-5 days. Or maybe its because so few people are PvPing?
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

True the performance has been terrible for so long.

Although, and I don't know if anyone else agrees, it seems better the last 4-5 days. Or maybe its because so few people are PvPing?

I'm sure it's because Greymoor dropped and less people are PvPing.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It got locked tonight for a while. Was terrible. I would have gone to Blackreach had it wasnt a guild night.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracarys are either on other factions or doing something else.

Still EP atm, back soon :)

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya'll still care bout this nonsense? Game's pvp has been on life support for years; can't even handle the few of your guilds left with a significantly reduced population cap without being unplayable. No content developed for you, bugs not fixed, balancing a flip flop joke, old bugs returning, etc. etc. You deserve better
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    Ya'll still care bout this nonsense? Game's pvp has been on life support for years; can't even handle the few of your guilds left with a significantly reduced population cap without being unplayable. No content developed for you, bugs not fixed, balancing a flip flop joke, old bugs returning, etc. etc. You deserve better

All true. However there are still things this game offers you can't get anywhere else. A good keep offfense/defense, 40 players each side, for 30 minutes--Win or lose, I think this is fun. Also large scale open field battlesI don't see getting that sort of game play anywhere else. Its why I play the game still, for large scale battles.

I don't have much interest anymore in PvDoor, PvRSS, tower humpers, small ball groups, horse sim, or dueling. I like being on my own in a huge chaotic battle - mess. That is what campaign play offers.
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just waiting for something else to come along and trying to keep things together until it does
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dat wrote: »
    The lag last night was pretty bad. Had alot of trouble getting ults/synergy to go off. Didnt seem to be affecting the enemy as much so I'm assuming it's the bad server code and ability throttling. But that was the worst I've seen in awhile

It may seem like it, but the lag is in an area, and not limited to a faction. If you have someone recording your raid, make the video available to Vex and she can compile them into multi-view from different peoples' perspectives. The reason it seems like opponent skills work is that all skills do go off eventually, and what you're getting hit by are the skills we used a few seconds prior! All groups say the same thing about their opponents (though it is sometimes fun to bug people about the "lag switch").
    VE leading the AD faction is the key development, I think without VE Ad would not have won the campaign.?

VE plays for three hours three times a week. We do have a few who play a lot more often, but do keep in mind that those aren't official groups. If you see us all in Vehemence (and not some derivative / funnier guild name) tabards, it's an official raid. If not, it's just VE members who are playing
    It's hard to care about score when off-hours zerging predetermines campaign victory regardless of what's done during regular hours.

People say the same about each faction. AD have more population overnight as there are more AsiaPac/Aus/NZ AD guilds. DC seem to have great presence morning and early afternoon while AD/EP are at work or school, and I haven't seen much of the EP masses other than late afternoon - not like last month where EP were pop locked all day while AD and DC had one or two bar. Every faction zergs at times, every faction has players whose main playing time is when others aren't able to play, and it's only NA prime time (about 7pm to midnight eastern) when it seems like the populations are balanced.
    Enkil wrote: »
    AHTU does NOT fully represent EP

Nobody fully represents their faction.

In response to various comments made about faction stacking, there is very little communication and coordination between groups on any faction. Case in point, when someone with management/control of a large group calls something in zone, often enough many of the small groups refuse to go there as they don't want to lag out with the rest of the faction potentially showing up there. If you look at the map, and try to decide where the next logical location for you to attack or defend is, chances are there’s another group (leader) who will make the same decision. Chances are higher if it’s a good decision! Many players believe that other groups follow them around, and if you talk to the leaders of each group, you’ll find that they all believe that it’s the others who follow them!

All true, and as soon as there is a viable alternative (game), PvP performance will be amazing because nobody will be left in Cyrodiil.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the most successful coordination I see is accidental but natural

that is a guild will go around to hit a back line keep while pugs hit the front line (as pugs tend to just be at the "frontline" wherever it may be)

when this goes wrong is when you actually have to many pug wranglers all trying to go around, and lose home keeps while taking obscure ones, the pug zerg is a useful tool when left to its own devices and can be great to play around.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

that is a guild will go around to hit a back line keep while pugs hit the front line (as pugs tend to just be at the "frontline" wherever it may be)

when this goes wrong is when you actually have to many pug wranglers all trying to go around, and lose home keeps while taking obscure ones, the pug zerg is a useful tool when left to its own devices and can be great to play around.
    Yes, sometime stupid zone generals trying to coordinate PUG/newbie/zerg as if they are the smartest. They belittle PUG that help them and berate them if they dont do what they say. I think this is what happened to EP, the PUG left for AD and now that AD starting to show sign of this behaviour PUG and starting to left for DC. And so the cycle will probably will continue.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xshatox wrote: »
    Wing wrote: »

Yes, sometime stupid zone generals trying to coordinate PUG/newbie/zerg as if they are the smartest. They belittle PUG that help them and berate them if they dont do what they say. I think this is what happened to EP, the PUG left for AD and now that AD starting to show sign of this behaviour PUG and starting to left for DC. And so the cycle will probably will continue.

mmm, I honestly think the casual jump to DC with faction change was fengs fault, a lot of fan bois switched over.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe when on try to instigate some decent PvP??

It's all PvDoor!?! Pop-locked campaign and can't even find action.... Lately AD will PvDoor Drake, meanwhile EP is PvDooring Roe and DC PvDooring Dragon...

WTF happened to the PvP in this game?????