The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Summerset Celebration and the Grand Psijic Villa

LeonAkando
LeonAkando
✭✭✭✭
With the upcoming Summerset Celebration, is there a chance of the Grand Psijic Villa coming back to the housing market? I wasn't playing for the few weeks it was given out in the Summerfall event, but It's still my favorite housing plot in the game.

I wouldn't expect it to be free, but could it be on the store for the standard 13k or so Crowns?
I'd pretty be down for any method of obtaining the house if it came back.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those events should be including quests where you could win a house in the zone. No need to encourage the crown store, in my view
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was the original free house because it had just come out, so it encouraged people to buy it?
    Sort of like that Elsweyr treasure pile deco. It was "earned in game" but you obviously had to buy Elsweyr so it was actually promoting sales that way. To keep it exclusive they'd probably hold on to it for a while before releasing it even in the Crown Store.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 12, 2020 5:47AM
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been available in the Crown Store since then, once. Also, there are people who own it and don't realize it.

You didn't have to be active during Summerfall to get it. You had to own Summerset, and have signed on to the game after having gotten Summerset, and before the cutoff date in October 2018, to qualify. If you did, you own it.

Go to Collectibles (U), choose the house-shaped tab on top, and see if it's listed as being owned. If so, you can travel to it from there. After you've been there once, it'll show up on the map like the rest of your homes.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been available in the Crown Store since then, once. Also, there are people who own it and don't realize it.

You didn't have to be active during Summerfall to get it. You had to own Summerset, and have signed on to the game after having gotten Summerset, and before the cutoff date in October 2018, to qualify. If you did, you own it.

Go to Collectibles (U), choose the house-shaped tab on top, and see if it's listed as being owned. If so, you can travel to it from there. After you've been there once, it'll show up on the map like the rest of your homes.

I don't own the house, either way.
    When was it in store? And how much did it cost?
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It'll probably be available during the Summerset event — last time it was available was also in early Summer (June 2019). It costs 15,000 Crowns. Source: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/482183/grand-psijic-villa-available-in-the-crown-store-for-a-limited-time

They might sell Colossal Aldmeri Grotto instead, though.

Be advised tho ... I know almost no one who has decorated their villa to completion, let alone to satisfaction. 700 slots is just not enough. I LOVE free things in ESO, but like most people, my free villa is just a storage house. They experimented with making an enormous house, and a lot of people have had trouble with it.
    You might already have a vision in mind since you're so curious already, but I would try and visit other people's fully decorated villas first (if you can find any).

Also, sometimes if you submit a support ticket asking to buy an out-of-circulation item (for whatever the price is), support will let you do it. A sale's a sale : p
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Villa is beautiful and it is probably my favourite house. However, it is also the house that frustrates me the most, because it is very large and hard to decorate properly. I think it has the best exterior area compared to any other house in the game. You can do so much outside the cathedral, or simply enjoy how beautiful it is even without decorating it.

The cathedral is an odd choice from the developers. Actually, there is a whole manor hidden behind the walls of the small suites inside the cathedral, most likely the devs had several options for this, and in the end they chose the cathedral, which I consider the most uninspired choice, aside the fact that it looks good from the outside.

Because it is hard to decorate, the potential of this amazing house is wasted most of the time. Often people just dump stuff inside or use it for crafting sets. But I have seen some amazing projects in the villa, such as a huge library inside the cathedral, or a cave labyrinth the size of a delve.
    Edited by kind_hero on May 12, 2020 1:28PM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The support ticket option is a possibility I've heard of as well. From what I know of it, support is not required to do this for people, but sometimes they will if you ask nicely. Be sure you have the crowns available to pay for it. You can only get houses unfurnished this way.

Also, any time you contact support, if you're not familiar with the process, expect an automated response first that you have to reply to before a person will read your request. This can be extremely frustrating, as it sometimes has no bearing on what you've asked, so I find it helpful to expect this ahead of time.

I have seen a few Grand Psijic Villas decorated beautifully. Mostly the gardens outdoors. I chose not to do this with mine, once I realized that nothing interesting could be done with lighting, because the sun never sets in Artaeum. Lol!

Good luck.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I had it for like 2 months before I knew I had it but not only did it help sell summerset but probably sold a lot of housing things in crown store well since so many people got giant free house
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc