The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ridiculous Swing

Trailed
Trailed
✭✭✭
I must be the only person in the world who thinks these stam builds are getting out of hand. Its fantastic that 80% of players in BGs are using a cheese slam and swing build and ZOS doesn't see an issue with this. Literally every class is better as a stamina variant and its disappointing to work up a character and get all geared out only to be spammed by dizzying swing everywhere you go. I LOVE IT SO MUCH
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that players will naturally always go the way that yields to the most effective result. If parts of that way are nerfed or other parts buffed players will move naturally. Its the same in PvE and PvP. The choices for sets also play in this. There is no easy solution for this other than making different play style more viable. Im sure that ZOS is aware of that but its not easy to deal with it for them either.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only because most stam classes don't have great spammables for pvp so they're effectively limited to dizzying swing
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw I do not use it, as it is too laggy to use in cyro for my taste, but that also leaves me somewhat gimped
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current design pretty much pushes stam players towards weapon line skills, especially on the original classes which have few stam morphs. Since all character use the same weapon lines, it stands to reason that the best ability(s) out of those are the one's they'll use. It's really hard to pass up on 2H skill rally so most people on stam builds almost always go 2H on one bar and well the fact that DW has crappier skills compare to dizzy just further pushes everyone to use 2H. I mean some people like variety and try other things but who really wants to purposely gimp themselves when playing a competitive game.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I leveled and had success in BGs with all stam classes. I slot D Swing on 3 of them (Necro, Warden, Sorc). It is a very good skill, but some classes have viable alternatives.

What they really need to do is buff Dual Wield for PvP so there is another weapon line to front bar for Stam players. Improve Dual Wield and give it a more effective spammable for PvP, and D Swing won't be nearly as prevalent.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like Murder said if they buffed dual wield or class spammables then people would have other options than just dizzy. Personally I don’t see any reason to nerf dizzy since its the most avoidable skill in the game.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy is just one in a long line of 'problem' skills that need to be tuned.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    Dizzy is just one in a long line of 'problem' skills that need to be tuned.

No, it's really not. You can literally sidestep/walk through someone to avoid it.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    It’s insane that people are still defending dizzy swing at this point lmao...
    That skill needs to lose its cc components,it’s by far the best spammable in the game atm and saying otherwise is insane lol...
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lole wrote: »
    That skill needs to lose its cc components,it’s by far the best spammable in the game atm and saying otherwise is insane lol...

Nobody is saying that Dizzy Swing isn't the best spammable in the game, that's the whole reason why everyone is using it.
    There's always "a best skill to use". Even if ZOS removed Dizzy Swing entierly people would still gravitate towards something that would be considered "the best". Saying they should remove the CC because it's "the best spammable" doesn't hold up.
    Changing Dizzy Swing isn't the solution, but changing other skills to offer similar results would offer variety.

If they remove the CC component they'd have to put it somewhere else. If they don't put the CC somewhere else they would also have to remove any kind of ability that offers the player to quickly change position; streak, cloak, any skills offering a speed increase, etc. Or you'd have sorcs, which already is by far the most played class in arenas because of it's utility from streak, completely dominate stamina players. And to a degree that's already happening.
    Edited by Thoragaal on May 10, 2020 9:13AM
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »

Nobody is saying that Dizzy Swing isn't the best spammable in the game, that's the whole reason why everyone is using it.
    There's always "a best skill to use". Even if ZOS removed Dizzy Swing entierly people would still gravitate towards something that would be considered "the best". Saying they should remove the CC because it's "the best spammable" doesn't hold up.
    Changing Dizzy Swing isn't the solution, but changing other skills to offer similar results would offer variety.

If they remove the CC component they'd have to put it somewhere else. If they don't put the CC somewhere else they would also have to remove any kind of ability that offers the player to quickly change position; streak, cloak, any skills offering a speed increase, etc. Or you'd have sorcs, which already is by far the most played class in arenas because of it's utility from streak, completely dominate stamina players. And to a degree that's already happening.

Sry but what are you saying ? How does it not hold up ? Staminaplayers are so spoiled it’s insane...
    It is a spammable and a spammable is supposed to be a filler and not an ability that grants free cc.
    If you wanna cc then for sake of god slot a cc ability... every Staminaplayer has easy access to cc via turn evil... if people can’t land it on sorcs cuz of streak then it’s a L2p issue nothing else

All staminaclasses have access to a gapcloser that does dmg and is spammable so the streak argument is allrdy struggling cuz of that
    Btw it’s the only disengage that actually exists wich is allrdy stupid af
    Staff skillline is so incredible much weaker than 2handed skillline

2 handed has the hardest hitting spammable and free cc on it.
    2 handed has a gapcloser

Meanwhile
    Staffs have a weaker spammable
    Staffs don’t have a disengage wich they should have To actually make kiting possible

Let’s ignore the fact that on default staminaclasses are allrdy tankier than magclasses

And no when one spammable outperforms all others than the issue is mainly that one ability and not all others.
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sry but what are you saying ? How does it not hold up ? Staminaplayers are so spoiled it’s insane...
    It is a spammable and a spammable is supposed to be a filler and not an ability that grants free cc.
    If you wanna cc then for sake of god slot a cc ability... every Staminaplayer has easy access to cc via turn evil... if people can’t land it on sorcs cuz of streak then it’s a L2p issue nothing else

All staminaclasses have access to a gapcloser that does dmg and is spammable so the streak argument is allrdy struggling cuz of that

2 handed has a gapcloser

Meanwhile
    Staffs don’t have a disengage wich they should have To actually make kiting possible

Let’s ignore the fact that on default staminaclasses are allrdy tankier than magclasses

And no when one spammable outperforms all others than the issue is mainly that one ability and not all others.

"It is a spammable and a spammable is supposed to be a filler and not an ability that grants free cc."
    I could make the same argument for streak; It's meant to change your position, not CC the enemy and at the same time deal damage, therefor they should remove it's damage and stun components. Another example is Crushing Weapon, it "should be" only a spammable without the heal component. You could say that for literally any kind of ability that's does multiple things at once. That's why I'm saying that your argument isn't holding up.

Remember spin-to-win or when magsorc only used Destructive Reach as spammable? People gravitate towards what ever is best at the time. If you remove the CC component from Dizzy Swing we will have people using some other skill instead.
    And now instead of specifically you wanting the CC removed from DS, we'll have someone else making the claim that x-ability should lose it's y-component because "it's meant to be this and not that, and everyone is using it".
    The issue is that other skills doesn't offer the similar utility (damage/CC). It doesn't matter what skill we're talking about; one skill (in a given situation) will always be a better choice. So the solution "remove the CC component" achieves nothing but shifting the goal post.
    I would LOVE if ZOS added more options for stamina players to deal effecient damage. NB's feels gimped atm, their combos are too slow. StamDK's has the poop-fist which is just semi-terrible (same issue like Crushing Weapon; too slow). StamDen birds have Always been clunky because of the travel time, just like StamCro with their Venom Skull. StamSorc's just flat out doesn't have anything. StamPlars seem ok though, using jabs.

The issue with Turn Evil isn't streak. The issue is the delay ZOS added to the CC component (during last summer iirc); you need to drop the ability infront of the enemy. The current desyncs even further excarberates the issue.
    And you could say "Well, use bombard and magnum shot then" which people are already doing, because there are no other forms of reliable CC outside of DS+HA.

And no, Crit Rush isn't the savior against streak, because crit rush relies on a target while streak doesn't. Streak is an offensive and defensive ability, a group utility tool as well as a mean of making sure the damage hits the target. It's an unavoidable damage dealing CC which also changes your position. It's probably The Best defensive tool in game.
    Streak twice (30m distance) and the enemy can't even use Crit Rush (22m distance).
    Streak once behind an object and the enemy can't use Crit Rush because of the LoS.
    (I am NOT saying they should change streak)

What I want to see is more utility from other skills. ZOS is collecting data on everything players do. If they see 99% of stamina players using Dizzy Swing, and nobody is using Crushing Weapon... maybe, just maybe, they should make Crushing Weapon more appealing. However CC is crucial to pvp, but that's mainly because people can navigate and change position quickly. And yes, streak does both. Take away CC from all abilities and you need to change how people are able move around.
    I like variety between the classes. I want them to be different. I don't want to feel "forced" to use Dizzy Swing on every stamina class I play, just like we used Force Pulse and Wall of Elements for several years on literally every magicka class.
    I also don't wanna have to change skills and gear every few months because they're changing how (well) skills behave in certain situations (like spin-to-win or destructive reach). And no, I don't want every class to have access to every single ability (like streak on a destro staff), because that would negate the reason to have different classes to begin with. Main abilities (such as a spammable, streak or cloak) should imo be bound to the class. That's what's making them different!
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

2 handed has a gapcloser

Meanwhile

"It is a spammable and a spammable is supposed to be a filler and not an ability that grants free cc."
    I could make the same argument for streak; It's meant to change your position, not CC the enemy and at the same time deal damage, therefor they should remove it's damage and stun components. Another example is Crushing Weapon, it "should be" only a spammable without the heal component. You could say that for literally any kind of ability that's does multiple things at once. That's why I'm saying that your argument isn't holding up.

Remember spin-to-win or when magsorc only used Destructive Reach as spammable? People gravitate towards what ever is best at the time. If you remove the CC component from Dizzy Swing we will have people using some other skill instead.
    And now instead of specifically you wanting the CC removed from DS, we'll have someone else making the claim that x-ability should lose it's y-component because "it's meant to be this and not that, and everyone is using it".
    The issue is that other skills doesn't offer the similar utility (damage/CC). It doesn't matter what skill we're talking about; one skill (in a given situation) will always be a better choice. So the solution "remove the CC component" achieves nothing but shifting the goal post.
    I would LOVE if ZOS added more options for stamina players to deal effecient damage. NB's feels gimped atm, their combos are too slow. StamDK's has the poop-fist which is just semi-terrible (same issue like Crushing Weapon; too slow). StamDen birds have Always been clunky because of the travel time, just like StamCro with their Venom Skull. StamSorc's just flat out doesn't have anything. StamPlars seem ok though, using jabs.

The issue with Turn Evil isn't streak. The issue is the delay ZOS added to the CC component (during last summer iirc); you need to drop the ability infront of the enemy. The current desyncs even further excarberates the issue.
    And you could say "Well, use bombard and magnum shot then" which people are already doing, because there are no other forms of reliable CC outside of DS+HA.

And no, Crit Rush isn't the savior against streak, because crit rush relies on a target while streak doesn't. Streak is an offensive and defensive ability, a group utility tool as well as a mean of making sure the damage hits the target. It's an unavoidable damage dealing CC which also changes your position. It's probably The Best defensive tool in game.
    Streak twice (30m distance) and the enemy can't even use Crit Rush (22m distance).
    Streak once behind an object and the enemy can't use Crit Rush because of the LoS.
    (I am NOT saying they should change streak)

What I want to see is more utility from other skills. ZOS is collecting data on everything players do. If they see 99% of stamina players using Dizzy Swing, and nobody is using Crushing Weapon... maybe, just maybe, they should make Crushing Weapon more appealing. However CC is crucial to pvp, but that's mainly because people can navigate and change position quickly. And yes, streak does both. Take away CC from all abilities and you need to change how people are able move around.
    I like variety between the classes. I want them to be different. I don't want to feel "forced" to use Dizzy Swing on every stamina class I play, just like we used Force Pulse and Wall of Elements for several years on literally every magicka class.
    I also don't wanna have to change skills and gear every few months because they're changing how (well) skills behave in certain situations (like spin-to-win or destructive reach). And no, I don't want every class to have access to every single ability (like streak on a destro staff), because that would negate the reason to have different classes to begin with. Main abilities (such as a spammable, streak or cloak) should imo be bound to the class. That's what's making them different!

you seem to really hate streak since you use it all the time to justify that dizzy is massively overloaded... btw streak is to strong too atm but that is a different topic.im even on your side there and I think streak Shouldnt cc either.
    The heal of crushing weapon is not even close to be competitive to the cc...in the end it also comes to skillbar management and the fact that you have one slot free that others need to use for a cc ability...

Dizzy needs to get gutted or you need to give all other spammables the same benefits Else dizzy will allways outshine them.
    I don’t know if you really want more overloaded skills in the game ??? The game is faceroll enough...if you give more ability’s an overloaded kit the less skill pvp will actually take

What’s the problem with all classes having the ability to actually disengage ? That will not make classes less unique at all. If it makes you happy then implement them into the classkits themselve I don’t care, destrostaff would just be an easy solution and help all magickaclasses to kite.

It feels extremly off to be playing some ”mage" class and having to facetank the facerolling melees...that alone is for me a massive loss in class identity, I am a caster with a staff and light armor ? Why do I need to facetank a heavy armor 2 handed sword boy that spams dizzy swings into me nonstop and actually builds up pressure like that ?my possible outplay is what ? Heal it and counterpressure?

Sry but pvp in this game is in a horrible state atm, the “outplay“ is about keeping your buffs up and nuke someone before he nukes you.

I main magcro btw and that is kinda by far one of the trickiest classes to play with some actual combo...but no worries I am playing on the ezmode side aswell as a stamcro and stamden when I am having really enough of the facerolling Stamboys...Very simple to play both of them and I can feel the pain the enemy’s go through especially when they are magicka classes and I just role over them with pressing bb dizzy dizzy party over lol... sometimes it’s actually not enough and I just mix an ult in and keep spamming dizzy, it’s surprising how effective that simple faceroll is, barely anybody was able to stand against that pressure
    Keep in mind it is actually decently high mmr so I am not rolling over some little 100cp boys without gear and builds...
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one in their right mind thinks dizzy needed the buffs it got a couple patches back. It was already so dominant that that vast majority of stamina players used 2h because of it. To then add a stun to it was insane and very poor design on ZOSs part. They need to remove the stun and make players go back to needed to heavy swing to get the CC. With the changes to off balance, perhaps just removing the stun will be enough to allow some other weapons to shine. I'd wager that 75% of all stamina players use 2h and 75% of those probably have the exact same setup on their front bar because of it. The weapon is simply too dominant. Dizzy and Onslaught need to be brought down some. I acknowledge that people aren't using Onslaught as much as they did a month or 2 ago, but that is almost certainly a result of poor server performance and lag and less to do with the skill.

Calls for Dizzy to be nerfed doesn't mean that other skills don't also need changing in this game. Not one person is going to deny that Mag Sorcs aren't overpowered and need some dramatic changes. But this thread is about dizzy swing. Make a nerf Mag Sorc thread and I'm confident people will participate since you clearly feel so strongly against streak.

Again, for Dizzy... just remove the stun. Leave off-balance on it as the off-balance changes will more than compensate for how powerful and dominant the weapon was before the changes. It did not need changes.
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I figured this post would consist a lot more of L2P and be far less constructive haha. Lets not forget that Streak is one of the few decent abilities with CC for a sorc. Just about every other one is garbage, so removing CC from that is going to break the class. Also, if you're playing a stam build of any sort, you have infinite more opportunity to brreak free and dodge roll casts as you have a far higher regen in stam.
    The "argument" of sidestepping Ridiculous Swing is pointless when I can dodge roll twice before I'm basically out of stamina as a caster. Meanwhile you've broken free from my one stun and have charged me, likely into an uppercut, which needs animation break and takes time, and in that time you die to Ridiculous Swing.
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one in their right mind thinks dizzy needed the buffs it got a couple patches back. It was already so dominant that that vast majority of stamina players used 2h because of it. To then add a stun to it was insane and very poor design on ZOSs part.
    Why does it matter if most people use a specific skill? It should only matter to people using it, right? Yeah, most people use it because there are no other reasonable alternatives. The "issue that most people are using x-skill" isn't something you'll get rid of though; one skill will always be a better choice in a given situation. Give it enough time and more people will pick up on it, to the point where there are "80% of players in BGs are using a cheese slam and swing build" (to quote the OP).
    (The stun was there since beta. After 5 years they changed it to Off-balance, now needing a HA/Partial HA to stun. I'm just being nit-picky)
    They need to remove the stun and make players go back to needed to heavy swing to get the CC. With the changes to off balance, perhaps just removing the stun will be enough to allow some other weapons to shine.
    The stun component was always there. People went to use Dizzy because they nerfed Dual Wield into the ground.
    I'd wager that 75% of all stamina players use 2h and 75% of those probably have the exact same setup on their front bar because of it. The weapon is simply too dominant. Dizzy and Onslaught need to be brought down some.
    Again, I don't see how it's a problem that most people use a specific ability. It's only an issue to the person having to use said ability over and over again no matter what class they're playing, due to the lack of reasonable choices.
    I acknowledge that people aren't using Onslaught as much as they did a month or 2 ago, but that is almost certainly a result of poor server performance and lag and less to do with the skill.
    Dawnbreaker was the "go to ultimate" untill they put a delay on it. Now it just doesn't even connect with the enemy half the time, so people started using Onslaught because at least it connects ; It's ultimate isn't being consumed when you're out of range, like it does with Dawnbreaker. NB's got the stun back on Incap though, which is nice for them. But that only happened because the silence component of it wasn't working properly with the recent changes to block. If ZOS had gotten their way they would've left Incap as it was and let NB's run with Onslaught still. StamDK's has gotten popular again with it's Dragon Leap. Maybe that's the reason you're seeing a difference? Either way, that shift didn't happen because of a nerf, that shift happened because NBs and DK's got something else, something more useful out of the trade.
    Calls for Dizzy to be nerfed doesn't mean that other skills don't also need changing in this game. Not one person is going to deny that Mag Sorcs aren't overpowered and need some dramatic changes. But this thread is about dizzy swing. Make a nerf Mag Sorc thread and I'm confident people will participate since you clearly feel so strongly against streak.
    That's the whole problem; Only looking at one skill / a set of skills / only class skills / only DoTs (remember last year) without thinking about the consequences. Skills doesn't work in like a vacuum, they go hand in hand with other abilities. ZOS has been doing this kind of "balancing" for years now. It's not just one skill that's being changed when they do, it's sometimes the entire skill bar and sometimes the entire skill tree goes unused as an effect (like what happened to dual wield). People don't have time getting comfortable with a new playstyle before it's changed again and they have to redo everything.
    Sure some skills are overperforming, there's no one denying that. But without thinking about the consequences (*cough* buff dots with 78% *cough* let's nerf all dots again with 78%) the entire playerbase will have several Months, even years sometimes, before things even out. Look at StamNB, how well were they performing (unless they're ganking) before the change to incap? Not very well. How long have people been talking about it? For several months, maybe a year?
    The cog wheels at ZOS works slowly, to the point where nobody knows if they're even moving at all. And nobody, literally nobody, wants to have a fun class / playstyle completely neglected for that long.
    Again, for Dizzy... just remove the stun. Leave off-balance on it as the off-balance changes will more than compensate for how powerful and dominant the weapon was before the changes. It did not need changes.
    I'm not sure what you mean. HA someone that's Off-Balance is what's causing the stun.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one in their right mind thinks dizzy needed the buffs it got a couple patches back. It was already so dominant that that vast majority of stamina players used 2h because of it. To then add a stun to it was insane and very poor design on ZOSs part.
    Why does it matter if most people use a specific skill? It should only matter to people using it, right? Yeah, most people use it because there are no other reasonable alternatives.

lol alternatives ? stam characters need general nerf u know that right ? 90 % of bg is stamina or magsorc .
    Edited by Noctus on May 10, 2020 8:14PM
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you can call them meta humpers and there is literally nothing that can be said to counter that.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ugh, mindsets like this is what slowly kills this game. All the interesting skills are disfigured because "It's X and it should only do X", the spreadsheet attempt to balance and push everything into uniformity. And when something's left that stands out the forum cries for nerfs to the last nice things.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

Ugh, mindsets like this is what slowly kills this game. All the interesting skills are disfigured because "It's X and it should only do X", the spreadsheet attempt to balance and push everything into uniformity. And when something's left that stands out the forum cries for nerfs to the last nice things.

That mindset kills the game ? Are you not fully awake ? Pvp is DEAD sry if you didn’t realize that.
    And you can be sure that balance is a huge reason why it is what it is atm, eso is not wow...eso is about resources and setup and your bars...and when you give a weaponskilline the hardest hitting spammable with cc on top then it’s very clear what’s going to happen, you don’t need to be a magician to see it coming that pvp is a staminashow. We ignore the fact that on default staminaclasses are allrdy in an advantage thanks to rolling and beeing tankier
    But yea my mindset kills the game cuz how dare I to say that is it is overloaded...

I have a stamcro to roll over people, I kill everyone with exactly 2 skills bb dizzy spam.
    combo —-> bb dizzy dizzy dizzy 🤗 <— is that not a sick play ? I mean it was actually very hard to press that combo
    Now it comes 🤗🤗🤗if the enemy is a tank I go with this one bb dizzy dizzy colossus dizzy I call it the dizzy special, makes everyone cry
    Now since I main magcro let’s see how would it be when I did bb 3x shock ? Is there any pressure ? Would there be pressure even if bb had major defile too ? No there would not... I tell you why, shock does hit for a pathetically low amount and it does not cc... dizzy swing is the whole problem why people complain about stamcro, it just lines up perfectly with the delayed dmg from bb

No worries I get so many Ragemsges after bgs cuz I smack people with dizzy and blastbones lol
    But you know what’s funny about thoose ragemsges it’s mainly other staminaplayers complaining about blastbones, but hey it works exactly the same way on my stamden
    SA dizzy dizzy dizzy there you go... but people seem to really not see that dizzy is the problem... they complain about bb... I like to slaughter little spoiled staminaplayers and will continue my journey😋
    Mmr is btw decently high

Is 80% stamina facerolling melees in each bg not enough ? You wanna Hit the 90?
    Edited by Lole on May 11, 2020 11:26AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What people complain about in BGs is very indicative of their MMR.

Not many d swing spammers in high MMR. Just because you see something a lot in BGs doesn’t mean it’s strong. It just means that the even stronger builds are now playing at a higher MMR than you are.

Team cross healing, CC spam (bombard, ice wall, streak, fossilize, in that order), and mag sorc kill steal are the only actually OP things in BGs right now.
    Edited by Thogard on May 11, 2020 11:28AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players are always gonna eat cheese because cheese taste good... especially sharp cheddar with salty sardine and crackers. That's how pvp works. Dswing is a big hit... literally and it's not uncommon to see entire teams of 2handers all running around trying to land their hits, which is hilarious and sad at the same time. Classes like stamcro,stamden, and stamdk naturally dominate the bg scene, they have the proper tools. Only sorcs both mag and stam hold its water as the top pvp class above all others. Of course out of my 12 characters, I still win bgs daily on each one... even my magblade. So even though cheese might taste good, being on the flag or knowing who's relic to take, makes you better than half the players in battlegrounds.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only sorcs both mag and stam hold its water as the top pvp class above all others.

Yep, who doesn't know these top of the food chain stam sorcs. Apex predators, even higher tier than stamcros. Oh boy... This forum never ceases to amaze me.
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    What server u are on? Im EU PC and i see that 70% of bg players are magica users (4-6 magsorc, magplars and magdens). I usually have to jerk on borders to avoid ranged attention as a stamdk.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dizzy is like only thing stam could use
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valabrog wrote: »
    What server u are on? Im EU PC and i see that 70% of bg players are magica users (4-6 magsorc, magplars and magdens). I usually have to jerk on borders to avoid ranged attention as a stamdk.

im EU PC most ppl who are successfull in bg are stamina like xziii and decimus or lyball and so on.

in one of his videos hes also using dualwield instead of dizzy swing. this video is with dizzy swing but i confirm he gets same result without dizzy swing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CONovpbgvQE
    Edited by Noctus on May 11, 2020 3:56PM
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

im EU PC most ppl who are successfull in bg are stamina like xziii and decimus or lyball and so on.

in one of his videos hes also using dualwield instead of dizzy swing. this video is with dizzy swing but i confirm he gets same result without dizzy swing

Too bad that video is from April of 2019 (a year ago); before they nerfed both dual wield and onslaught.
    But that time was a fun period for stamina players.. not fair, but fun :P
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    You do realize that most mag builds are better for bgs than stamina builds right.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad that video is from April of 2019 (a year ago); before they nerfed both dual wield and onslaught.

as i said most successfull EU PVP players mostly stamina or sometimes magscorc occasionally magplar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I81Bx1NRJg&amp;t=170s
    Edited by Noctus on May 12, 2020 12:23AM
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

as i said most successfull EU PVP players mostly stamina or sometimes magscorc occasionally magplar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I81Bx1NRJg&amp;t=170s

lol alternatives ? stam characters need general nerf u know that right ? 90 % of bg is stamina or magsorc .

I don't see what you're trying to say.
    Are you saying that most people, even the top end pvp'ers play stamina, therefor stamina should be nerfed?
    The thread is about Dizzy Swing and you show a video of 1) How good it was a year ago, and then 2) A video of someone being successful today not even using Dizzy Swing.
    I'm sorry, but I'm not following your argument in relation to the OP.