Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

New Vampire Lord raid art! Another reminder at how much cooler vampire NPCs are than the players.

Noxavian
Noxavian
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
2jkx109xr05k.jpg

Now I understand this guy is a raid boss and we SHOULDN'T EXPECT to be exactly like a raid boss. But look how cool his form looks, compare that to our crappy Blood Scion and it isn't even comparable. Why can't we just get a form that looks similar to this but on a player-level scale? Why does it have to be a necro-ult re-skin? Why can't we hover and do cool things too? For those that say we are not vampire lords, the literal quest where you become a vampire calls you a vampire lord, until that is FIXED I will die on this hill that we are at the very least a variation of vampire lord. But a lord of vampires nonetheless.

Why not make the radiation of red around our character similar to the one in this picture? You know, down around us so that it doesn't cluster the view of the model. Why do we have random bits of dark/blue energy?????

Also Notice how this guy or any other blood knight/vamp lord DOESN'T USE WEAPONS while in their form why are we the exception? Why are we FORCED to use weapons and class skills? I swear to god Blood Scions are going to be shooting literal sun magic and it's going to hurt to witness.

There's a reason none of the promotion art for this chapter features the player's blood scion form. Because it's trash. And I think they know it.

Look this guy even levitates and kmjdgfklmgfklmglfkmlgkfmflkg
Edited by Noxavian on May 8, 2020 8:32PM
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do wonder if they continue to cave in and give more aspects of the vampire lord to us, since its the direction they want to take it. Compare this recent PTS patch to the one a week prior, Blood Scions got reworked facials to essentially mimic the VL,. So them adding wings and what not before the build hits live is not only possible, but more beneficial to them at this point.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paradisius wrote: »
    I do wonder if they continue to cave in and give more aspects of the vampire lord to us, since its the direction they want to take it. Compare this recent PTS patch to the one a week prior, Blood Scions got reworked facials to essentially mimic the VL,. So them adding wings and what not before the build hits live is not only possible, but more beneficial to them at this point.

I think this might be the case. Apparently next week is the 'week of the vampire', so hopefully any big changes they plan on making they will make then.

Now to convince them to change how the ult works to make it not a necro-reskin, but at this point I'd just be happy with looking like a VL I guess.....

Even though at the very least I want a new heavy/light/dodge/block animation and attacks. I do not want to be this big creature using a tiny stick to hit people. That sucks and looks bad.
    Options
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Also Notice how this guy or any other blood knight/vamp lord DOESN'T USE WEAPONS while in their form why are we the exception? Why are we FORCED to use weapons and class skills? I swear to god Blood Scions are going to be shooting literal sun magic and it's going to hurt to witness.
    While I do agree that Lords look much better than Scions, and that ideally we should be using our claws in Scion form instead of weapons, I don't agree with your formulation that we are "forced" to use our regular skills. If anything we're allowed to use them - just look at werewolves and their skills. I'm not sure how I'd feel if Scion form locked us out of using some human abilities and human form locked us out of using some vampire abilities.
    I've unearthed the Legendary Antiquity of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2jkx109xr05k.jpg

I especially hate how it resizes our weapons. Like suddenly the vampiric power of Lamae makes my little teeny tiny breton girl into an incredibly massive monster, that also causes all her weapons to grow to insane sizes. Its so weird and makes no sense unless Lamae spoke with Sotha Sil or something about resizing magic.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I do agree that Lords look much better than Scions, and that ideally we should be using our claws in Scion form instead of weapons, I don't agree with your formulation that we are "forced" to use our regular skills. If anything we're allowed to use them - just look at werewolves and their skills. I'm not sure how I'd feel if Scion form locked us out of using some human abilities and human form locked us out of using some vampire abilities.

An unholy creature of the night should not be able to cast literal sun magic while in such an unholy form. My suggestion here would be to just give them a unique heavy/light attack as well as a dodge/block so that people such as yourself that don't want to feel limited are free to do as they please.

Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    2jkx109xr05k.jpg

I especially hate how it resizes our weapons. Like suddenly the vampiric power of Lamae makes my little teeny tiny breton girl into an incredibly massive monster, that also causes all her weapons to grow to insane sizes. Its so weird and makes no sense unless Lamae spoke with Sotha Sil or something about resizing magic.

It seems so weird too that the EASIEST solution would be to give blood magic heavy/light attacks. And just to have our weapons disappear. Heck the NPC transformations are like that....
    Options
  • Skykaiser_Ọlọrun
    Yeah, I wish they would have taken the route WoW did with Vengeance Demon Hunters. Even if the skills themselves stay the same, just change the animations to something more fitting. It looks silly to turn into a 15-foot monstrosity and then go back to poking people with a dagger or swinging a staff around.
    Edited by Skykaiser_Ọlọrun on May 9, 2020 11:40AM
    Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, at least we didn't get stuck with those stupid shadow wings we saw in the preview, but it's still really dumb that we did not get a real vamp lord transformation. I mean they had the skeleton there for npcs, I guess they just didn't want to rig animations for players....
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »
    I mean, at least we didn't get stuck with those stupid shadow wings we saw in the preview, but it's still really dumb that we did not get a real vamp lord transformation. I mean they had the skeleton there for npcs, I guess they just didn't want to rig animations for players....

Truuuuue, the shadow wings are trash.

Still really dumb that they're calling this a 'vampire lord' transformation when it is no where near it.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that the "Blood Scion" form looks awful.

Though given it is an MMO and there isn't only a single mighty hero like in Skyrim: Dawnguard, ZOS can't make the player character vampires in ESO as powerful as the Dragonborn or Lord Harkon or like this trial boss for obvious reasons...
    The powerful status comes with the special wings and looks, so we won't get them either.

Note: The vampire lords in Skyrim:Dawnguard are of a different bloodline, a gift bestowed by Molag Bal himself.
    Edited by Universe on May 9, 2020 2:28AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this might be the case. Apparently next week is the 'week of the vampire', so hopefully any big changes they plan on making they will make then.

Crossing my claws for this one.

Let us hope that they've listened.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

Saaaame man!

Glad to see we're on the same side for once lmao.

I do feel like if nothing happens next week then nothing is going to happen at all, because then there would be only 1 more PTS before live and I doubt they'd do anymore big changes on the last one.

Speaking of claws, it would be sick if our form could use them. And if our literal claw swipe ability was us slashing with our hands and not our weapon like a dingus.
    Options
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

Don’t hold your non-existent breath, as far as I see, the vampire skill line is in a very bad spot on the PTS. And will probably persist into live.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Universe wrote: »

Though given it is an MMO and there isn't only a single mighty hero like in Skyrim: Dawnguard, ZOS can't make the player character vampires in ESO as powerful as the Dragonborn or Lord Harkon or like this trial boss for obvious reasons...
    The powerful status comes with the special wings and looks, so we won't get them either.

Note: The vampire lords in Skyrim:Dawnguard are of a different bloodline, a gift bestowed by Molag Bal himself.

But then why continue to call this form a vampire lord? Why even give us a form at all when it DOESNT EVEN MATCH the power of the Bloodknight npcs? (The npcs that can also turn into blood scions for some reason)

We *are* vampire lords, the literal in game dialogue says so. Made by the mother of vampires, the first vampire. I'm not saying we should be on trial-boss or Lord Harkon level of powerful, BUT that doesn't mean the form can't look similar to the VL at the very least. It already looks kinda identical, the only thing that is missing are the wings. Also looking like a vamp lord doesn't equal being raid boss level, I just want consistency with the looks. If we are called a vampire lord, I want to look like one.

I'd be willing to give up good looks if the form had ANY UNIQUENESS to it whatsoever in terms of functionality. The morphs aren't creative (Bats is literally taken from the old ult, perfect scion is just stat adjustments and doesnt add on anything new more or less, just removes what is already there.), it looks like trash compared to even basic vampire NPCs that can turn into scions, and it is a re-skin of an already existing ultimate on a base level.

Basically their mistake here is half-a**ing it. They either need to go all in and make the blood scion ult completely unique to vampire lords, OR go all in on the vampire lord side of things and give us access to a very similar appearance (including wings) and either do something cool like add on extra effects to your vamp abilities while in the form or give us a new heavy/light attack and unique dodge/block animations. Also levitating like in the picture there should be an idle animation.

Also while we're at it, there should be ways to stay in the form. Make blood siphon add on seconds to the form or something.

I just want a cool vampire ultimate/skill line man ):
    Edited by Noxavian on May 9, 2020 3:01AM
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But then why continue to call this form a vampire lord? Why even give us a form at all when it DOESNT EVEN MATCH the power of the Bloodknight npcs? (The npcs that can also turn into blood scions for some reason)

We *are* vampire lords, the literal in game dialogue says so. Made by the mother of vampires, the first vampire. I'm not saying we should be on trial-boss or Lord Harkon level of powerful, BUT that doesn't mean the form can't look similar to the VL at the very least. It already looks kinda identical, the only thing that is missing are the wings. Also looking like a vamp lord doesn't equal being raid boss level, I just want consistency with the looks. If we are called a vampire lord, I want to look like one.

I'd be willing to give up good looks if the form had ANY UNIQUENESS to it whatsoever in terms of functionality. The morphs aren't creative (Bats is literally taken from the old ult, perfect scion is just stat adjustments and doesnt add on anything new more or less, just removes what is already there.), it looks like trash compared to even basic vampire NPCs that can turn into scions, and it is a re-skin of an already existing ultimate on a base level.

Basically their mistake here is half-a**ing it. They either need to go all in and make the blood scion ult completely unique to vampire lords, OR go all in on the vampire lord side of things and give us access to a very similar appearance (including wings) and either do something cool like add on extra effects to your vamp abilities while in the form or give us a new heavy/light attack and unique dodge/block animations. Also levitating like in the picture there should be an idle animation.

Also while we're at it, there should be ways to stay in the form. Make blood siphon add on seconds to the form or something.

It also used to say turn into a monstrous lord of the night but they changed it to monstrous creature of the night just like the Disease Description said Sanguinare Vampiris before they fixed it by changing it to Noxiphilic Sanguivoria, they probably forgot to fix that mentioning in the quest as well.

Are you all so boring you want every Vampire Bloodline to be the same? hell i bet you do not even notice the other physical differences like how all Vampire Lords have Black eyes (Just like in Skyrim) where as the Blood Scion has the same eyes as a stage 4 Vampire or how the Vampire Lord has a very short little finger (Just like in Skyrim) where as the Blood Scion has normal looking hands.

What about Lady Ennesia and her 4 armed Wraith-looking form?
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on May 9, 2020 8:20AM
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agreeeeeeeeeeeed.

I mean, I've figured out how to use the line with my current builds... However that doesn't mean I don't have major problems with the underwhelming feeling of the line.
    • Drain Vigor should be restoring the stat you're the lowest on. I don't always need Stamina and a lot of us magicka users have already built around this feature. It's useless to most of us. I feel like they're pushing us to use Invigorating to use the Ult. If they put wings on it, instead of just making it look like a xivilai ran it's face into a wall repeatedly due to the decisions the dev team has recently made I probably would.
    • Frenzy/Fury needs a better indicator on when it's active and when it's not because it's hard to tell. If you're going to make a toggle that especially costs health, it'd be nice to know if I have it on or off because health in combat is different than playing with a dummy setting.
    • Mesmerize/Stupefy isn't always working and I'm waving my hand around like a GD idiot.
    • All the Mist Forms are underwhelming and Blood Mist just looks really bad and tacky. Also the health returns are negligible in 1v1 settings.
    • Eviscerate/Arterial Burst/Blood for Blood is all melee ranged. While it's nice to have a melee attack, there needs to be options for ranged users and would've been better to use this as a Vampire Lord slash with specific barred weapons.
    • Blood Scion and all it's morphs need wings, they need a better control during transformation before or after. From where I'm counting, four of the twenty seconds are taken up because you're too busy being stuck to do anything due to the transformation.

At this point though, I have no faith they'll even fix those things or make the form more like werewolf, which was what I was hoping in the first place. But three weeks and not a murmured word about Vampirism and it's pretty much what happened with Necromancer. This is it, boys. This is what we're getting.

The least they could do (since they're ripping and reskinning animations) was make it where we had daily quests for Lycanthropy and Vampires. A rampage/feed quest. A stealth type mission for eliminating rival afflictions (similar to the Sacrament daily). Dyes and titles for achievement rewards. For quest rewards gold, exp into the line itself as an additional source, justice consumables, vampire/werewolf themed housing decorations, sellables (green to purple), maybe alchemical materials, and gear associated with the lines.

Like come on, ZoS. It's okay to be creative. None of your board directors are going to care if it sells your content.
    Edited by Sephyr on May 9, 2020 10:08AM
    Options
  • Skykaiser_Ọlọrun
    i bet you do not even notice the other physical differences like how all Vampire Lords have Black eyes (Just like in Skyrim) where as the Blood Scion has the same eyes as a stage 4 Vampire.

We noticed. It's why the Blood Scion's derpy expression was laughed at the day everyone saw it.

That sounds like something that's actually distinct from Vampire Lords. The problem with the Blood Scion is that it's literally just the VL model with the wings removed and a few other minor cosmetic changes. You give people generic-brand Vampire Lords, of course they're going to compare it to the real thing.

If they wanted Blood Scion to be unique, they should have made it unique.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I understand :)
    The Blood Scion form and the current Vampire skill line on PTS feels underwhelming.

Maybe ZOS can find a way to enhance the Blood Scion form and the skill line's abilities so it will look and perform better without copying the Vampire Lord Form which originated in Molag Bal's gift.
    The Lamae Bal's bloodline is different and it is not directly linked to Molag Bal, so there are bound to be differences and weaknesses to the Blood Scion.

As it stands now I think I will cure my character of Vampirism when Update 26 release unless ZOS will do some drastic changes to the drawbacks of being a vampire, as well as changes to the skill line itself.
    The cosmetic part is less of concern to me given that I will probably not use the Blood Scion transformation often because I prefer to use other ultimate abilities.
    Edited by Universe on May 9, 2020 1:15PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Merca
    Merca
    All said in the name of ultimatic ability. You are not the heirs of the Bloody Lord, you are his offspring. ***.
    Options
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2jkx109xr05k.jpg

Now I understand this guy is a raid boss and we SHOULDN'T EXPECT to be exactly like a raid boss. But look how cool his form looks, compare that to our crappy Blood Scion and it isn't even comparable. Why can't we just get a form that looks similar to this but on a player-level scale? Why does it have to be a necro-ult re-skin? Why can't we hover and do cool things too? For those that say we are not vampire lords, the literal quest where you become a vampire calls you a vampire lord, until that is FIXED I will die on this hill that we are at the very least a variation of vampire lord. But a lord of vampires nonetheless.

Why not make the radiation of red around our character similar to the one in this picture? You know, down around us so that it doesn't cluster the view of the model. Why do we have random bits of dark/blue energy?????

There's a reason none of the promotion art for this chapter features the player's blood scion form. Because it's trash. And I think they know it.

Look this guy even levitates and kmjdgfklmgfklmglfkmlgkfmflkg
    This picture from promo to new video "The Elder Scrolls Online - Fear the Dark Heart of Skyrim", it will be realesed at May 11.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqB_rlsP5w
    If in this video ZOS will show Blood Scion form or any player's vampire skills they, almost certain, will not be changed after that.

Interesting that Blood Scion and Vampire Lord models identical in their core, but different small details make a huge difference in the perception of this models:
    - Wing stumps, cool detail on its own, but also, because of them shoulders armor don't look so bulky.
    - Different stance, Vampire Lord's legs are more bent in the joints. It makes him look not so tall, even with the same body proportions.
    - Smaller horns.
    - Different claws, Blood Scion has all finger phalanges, to hold weapon, Vampire Lord's claws bigger and replace last phalanges of the fingers.
    - Different mouth(fixed in last patch) and eyes.
    - Less bulky armor on cubits, hips and knees.
    - No glow around body.
    - (In my opinion) Better colors of skin, armor and loincloth.
    In picture below i scaled their sizes by aligning the size of the heads. Original pictures i took from here and here
    FFHJKAy.jpg

As i told already in other threads, i don't understand for whom they created Blood Scions? Player who didn't play in TES: Skyrim were fine with vampires without transformation and Bat Swarm ultimate. Players who played in TES: Skyrim and liked Vampire Lords there wanted visuals and gameplay similar to what they experienced in TES: Skyrim. Now both of these groups are mostly not satisfied, one lost their Bat Swarm ultimate without transformation, another group recieved transformation which have almost nothing similar with TES: Skyrim Vampire Lords, neither in terms of appearance nor in terms of gameplay. Don't know who will be happy with new Blood Scion form, maybe some new players and players who care only about efficiency.
    On the one hand it’s clear that ZOS wanted to create something unique and wanted to stick to lore, where Vampire Lords are rare, but they ended up with half-baked something. For what reason vampire transform into new form? He didn't receive new powerful claw attacks, nor new powers, nor new tricks, nothing, the only things he recieve is Bat Swarm, that he could use without transformation, more power and vampirism on all magic and attacks, which feels cheap and not vampiric at all, no vampire weaknesses, that make sence, but hardly worth transformation and ultimate. So for what reason vampire transform at all? He could get all this from regular skills and buffs. If you want vampire stick to his weapon and regular skills, he don't need transformation, if you want introduce transformation make it properly, make it such the player want to transform and get something different in gameplay.
    ZOS could easily flood all Tamriel with true Vampire Lords or proper analogs, events at ESO take place a thousand years before TES: Skyrim, there could be war between Lamae's vampires and Molag Bal's vampires, there could be rise of dawnguard order or vampire hunters and most of vampires could be exterminated, there could be unusual sunrise in the middle of the night(magical or natural) that can exterminate all vulnerable vampires outside of cover and so on.

I wish visually, at least one morph of Blood Scions were more like NPC Vampire Lords or at least NPC Bloodknights, without(or with little) horns, downscaled by around 10%, without glow and with claw attacks. In terms of gameplay it's another story for another thread.
    Edited by XomRhoK on May 10, 2020 12:43AM
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I would not hold my breath and expect ZOS to change Vampire ulti player model to better looking one.
    Just look at Werewolves, and how in the past they got their DLC (Wolfhunter) with a boss Werewolf NPC model that looks waaayyy better & cooler than werewolf player model... and this better looking model is quite old tbh. ZOS was re-using it in a couple of other DLCs...
    Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It also used to say turn into a monstrous lord of the night but they changed it to monstrous creature of the night just like the Disease Description said Sanguinare Vampiris before they fixed it by changing it to Noxiphilic Sanguivoria, they probably forgot to fix that mentioning in the quest as well.

Are you all so boring you want every Vampire Bloodline to be the same? hell i bet you do not even notice the other physical differences like how all Vampire Lords have Black eyes (Just like in Skyrim) where as the Blood Scion has the same eyes as a stage 4 Vampire or how the Vampire Lord has a very short little finger (Just like in Skyrim) where as the Blood Scion has normal looking hands.

None of that was a artistic choice though, it was the lack of willingness to change up the player skeleton for the transformation. They quite literally just reskinned the Necromancer transformation. It shares the same skeletal rig as players with the same animations. People feel cheated because of that. Especially after they see a unique frame and skeleton for the npcs. Now to be fair, i get the reason for them just using Bone Goliath as the base for the ult, it lets us use our weapons without having to rig all new animations, but ultimately it was a Budget Scion form. I can deal with it, like I said before, I am just happy we did not get those stupid shadow wings. But I can still understand and relate to people being disappointed by what they got. They very obviously look the way they do not because they wanted them to look uniquely different, but because they did not want to put in the work or money for more then what they did.
    Options
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

None of that was a artistic choice though, it was the lack of willingness to change up the player skeleton for the transformation. They quite literally just reskinned the Necromancer transformation. It shares the same skeletal rig as players with the same animations. People feel cheated because of that. Especially after they see a unique frame and skeleton for the npcs. Now to be fair, i get the reason for them just using Bone Goliath as the base for the ult, it lets us use our weapons without having to rig all new animations, but ultimately it was a Budget Scion form. I can deal with it, like I said before, I am just happy we did not get those stupid shadow wings. But I can still understand and relate to people being disappointed by what they got. They very obviously look the way they do not because they wanted them to look uniquely different, but because they did not want to put in the work or money for more then what they did.

But they already created skeleton, model and animation for NPC Vampire Lord and NPC Bloodknight, all they lack is desire to use them to make at least one morph with claw attacks and without weapon skills.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »

But they already created skeleton, model and animation for NPC Vampire Lord and NPC Bloodknight, all they lack is desire to use them to make at least one morph with claw attacks and without weapon skills.

This is true, the wack part is that they have perfect player-model sized skeletons of the NPC vampire lords and bloodknights, all of which have unique animations and don't use weapons.

I feel like this is a lack of creativity and/or manpower. The sheer incompetence to make an ability work similar to how it does for NPCs is astounding. Why do BLOOD SCION npcs literally have better *** than we do? It's insane. Use the same model if you have to jfc. If I were working at ZOS, I'd open up ALL npc abilities that aren't used by major bosses to be learned by the player for their respectful class.

Wanna use vampire NPC abilities? Sure. Wanna use NPC staffs? Sure. Wanna summon undead like normal necromancers? Sure go ahead. THe animations ARE ALL THERE why they don't utilize this fountain of free assets is INSANE. It is literally INSANE.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is true, the wack part is that they have perfect player-model sized skeletons of the NPC vampire lords and bloodknights, all of which have unique animations and don't use weapons.

I feel like this is a lack of creativity and/or manpower. The sheer incompetence to make an ability work similar to how it does for NPCs is astounding. Why do BLOOD SCION npcs literally have better *** than we do? It's insane. Use the same model if you have to jfc. If I were working at ZOS, I'd open up ALL npc abilities that aren't used by major bosses to be learned by the player for their respectful class.

Wanna use vampire NPC abilities? Sure. Wanna use NPC staffs? Sure. Wanna summon undead like normal necromancers? Sure go ahead. THe animations ARE ALL THERE why they don't utilize this fountain of free assets is INSANE. It is literally INSANE.

Maybe they just want us to feel envy or something? I do remember a live stream where one of the combat people literally said that looking ugly was apart of the one of the "debuffs" to vampires. I might be reading too much into it but if that's their attitude on things then it explains how they've been treating vampires and even werewolves in ESO. People want better werewolf models and an updated vampire appearance and they do nothing about it.
    Edited by Vevvev on May 10, 2020 3:19AM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe they just want us to feel envy or something? I do remember a live stream where one of the combat people literally said that looking ugly was apart of the one of the "debuffs" to vampires. I might be reading too much into it but if that's their attitude on things then it explains how they've been treating vampires and even werewolves in ESO. People want better werewolf models and an updated vampire appearance and they do nothing about it.

What's stupid is that they keep on adding more and more of this every expansion. WhY NOT JUST TAKE an expansion to give us all the NPC weapons/skills. (Staves primarily)

The animations are literally *already there*
    Options
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New video about vampires is released, seems nothing new. Gladly they didn't show any of player's vampire abilities, so they did not bind themselves up with this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqB_rlsP5w&feature=emb_logo
    Edited by XomRhoK on May 11, 2020 2:58PM
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »
    New video about vampires is released, seems nothing new. Gladly they didn't show any of player's vampire abilities, so they did not bind themselves up with this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqB_rlsP5w&feature=emb_logo

Had they shown the legit ult that players got, people might be severely disappointed. Especially those perking up at the inkling of being a vampire lord (which the quest does state we in fact are).

I'll still play, but I'm going to be roasting marshmallows over this dumpster fire in the making.
    Options
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    2jkx109xr05k.jpg

It seems so weird too that the EASIEST solution would be to give blood magic heavy/light attacks. And just to have our weapons disappear. Heck the NPC transformations are like that....

This.
    they can make necromancer weapons to vanish then using necro skills, why not on vamp scion?
    Options