Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any news about this "experiment" on BG's?

• Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comicman wrote: »
    [

This is the first MMO I have ever seen that took away the ability for a GROUP to que for a GROUP event. SWTOR is perhaps the most solo friendly MMO in the world and has the most solo focused story lines and even they haven't done anything this stupid. I don't play an MMO to play alone, I do it to play with friends and family.

Not sure its great idea looking at game which has a declining population for several years, where even at peak hours aren't even thousands of ppl online, as a good example. If you actually check SWTOR forum from 6-7 years back when the game was still kinda played a lot of people were asking for separation of it too. Maybe some of them would stick around and still play the game today.

Nowadays most of the decent PvP games have premade and solo queues separated or at least have some kind of restriction where premades cant be more or even than 50% of the group, considering the fact that ESO only has 4 man team BGs, you break that point by allowing even duo queue. I'd rather look at those games who are trying to keep some competitive integrity

Please name those games........ The only one I can think of is league of legends. NO OTHER GAME has split group play just because people cry about groups.

Btw from the sounds of what people say, it is okay for 1 sweaty player to kill people and DOMINATE an entire match, but having a full group of sweaty players doing it is not okay................. Yep that sounds like logic to me.

ONE person should not be able to DOMINATE this game mode. It should take an entire group to do that. But it also just goes back to the type of people queing in. That just means a lot of pve players not wearing PVP gear or trying to PVP are just joining to get a daily bonus.

Or that players don't want to play as a team. Running from their healer and not sticking together is just an example.

So if that's how people want to play, why not have a 12 man free for all mode and a normal group que mode? People clearly want to play "solo" so give them a game mode besides dueling.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comicman wrote: »
    Most of the forums "was" complaining it more than praising it, it got so bad that they started removing threads stating "these threads are duplicates"

Only 1 thread atm about someone liking the change, but it's mostly full of mixed feelings and people trolling people who wants to play mmo with friends.

I guess by "most" people you mean the 10 same guys who keep making the same comments on every single post regarding BGs, how everyone should be forced in the same queue, and how NONPREMADE groups make ESO single player game and not MMO(which is simply not true). If you read their comments carefully you can see most of them aren't even interested in having the second queue for premade, they only want this change reverted, so they can feel superior again beating nonorganized groups.

The truth is BG queues have never been faster, which might indicate that MORE people are doing BGs now, therefore one might get the idea the change is welcomed by the majority. It also might be cuz having odd number of groups of 2-4 premade players was just simply slowing the queue. But we can only guess, ZOS does have the real numbers. In any case, I think a faster queue is welcomed change especially for casual players who just want to jump into action.

Even though I do enjoy this change and think BGs are much better now. I do understand that people want to play with their friends so I am up for adding queues for groups only. But I don't see a single reason why should everyone be forced in one queue. And if the "premade" queues won't be active and you will just have to wait a long time in a queue, it is simple as that. But since you guys are saying that there are SO MANY players who want that I think you shouldn't be worried it won't be active right??

Wrong and wrong. While the argument of not being able to group for an advertised as group feature in an mmo is compelling it isn’t the central reasoning against bg changes. Your ques being quicker has nothing to do with more people playing bg's, stating that just goes to show how naive and uninformed you are. The problem with the bg systems que times has always been their failure of an mmr system and the always at the breaking point matchmaking algorithm it encompasses.

The bg changes were explicitly stated as being for performance improvement rather than appealing to non group’ed solo que’ers. It is much easier to calculate 12 individual mmr’s rather than the way their algorithm did for groups. Resulting in quicker que now...sure, but could also be the mmr reset Yet, nothing was done but putting a bandaid on another laggy, buggy, and broken feature in ESO. But hey, if you want to support a *** product that’s your right as a costumer.
    Edited by Alomar on May 18, 2020 6:59PM
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall