Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

PS5 and ESO?

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I bought and installed ESO on an external SSD for my Xbox One X. Load times did get much faster overall, meaning textures and assets rendered more quickly. However random load screens do still happen in Cyrodiil.

That's disappointing but this is a powerful CPU and a powerful SSD. What was the specs on your SSD?

Also they took Spiderman PS4 and the PS5 booted it up in less than a second while the PS4 took 8 seconds.

This is a powerful SSD, Sony went Speed in their system where XBox went Powerful Graphics.

Gonna be good for both systems.

Loading screens are also effected by the Server and (here comes my limited knowledge assumptions) communication with your Client. When the Servers are taxed, your Client is basically put on hold in a Load screen waiting for the Server to get it's things in order. Many people keep forgetting the major difference between ESO and every other Singleplayer title that this is compared to. ESO is an always online title. Singleplayers rely only on your system to function. ESO relies on the Zenimax Servers and your System continuously talking to each other, and the Servers have thousands of voices to talk to all at once.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »
    You don't seem to have learned from the past.
    Every new playstation should improve everything, but what do we have today? Still veeeeeeeery long loading screens and still veeeeeeeeery low fps in many games. It's always the same procedure. We get everything promised, but hardly anything is become real.

Why is that?
    The stronger the hardware, the lazier game developers will optimize things. The strong performance will compensate for it and that's it!

Yes, the PS4 isn't that loud while playing ESO. My note was more general. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/04/23/ps5-heatsink-patent-cooling-system/amp/

If this leak is true about its cooling system it should purr.. PS5 Reddit has some insightful posts about this cooling system and how unique and revolutionary it is for a sealed console.
    Edited by IronWooshu on May 6, 2020 6:58PM
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought and installed ESO on an external SSD for my Xbox One X. Load times did get much faster overall, meaning textures and assets rendered more quickly. However random load screens do still happen in Cyrodiil.

That's disappointing but this is a powerful CPU and a powerful SSD. What was the specs on your SSD?

Also they took Spiderman PS4 and the PS5 booted it up in less than a second while the PS4 took 8 seconds.

This is a powerful SSD, Sony went Speed in their system where XBox went Powerful Graphics.

Loading screens are also effected by the Server and (here comes my limited knowledge assumptions) communication with your Client. When the Servers are taxed, your Client is basically put on hold in a Load screen waiting for the Server to get it's things in order. Many people keep forgetting the major difference between ESO and every other Singleplayer title that this is compared to. ESO is an always online title. Singleplayers rely only on your system to function. ESO relies on the Zenimax Servers and your System continuously talking to each other, and the Servers have thousands of voices to talk to all at once.

I'm not sure about all of that, some maybe true to a certain extent but I would assume the load speed is your system however the characters would be their servers so technically you could load in so fast and be looking at silhouettes of characters for 30 seconds while the server renders them.

I may be off on that point but people have said using SSD externals for their systems it helped the load to be faster. If it was completely server then an SSD wouldnt help at all.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PS5 is supposedly going to be backwards compatible so they don't need to rush to bring out a new version. We'll be able to carry on as normal on the new hardware until they add something in a future patch to make the most of it, like they did for the PS Pro
    PS4 EU
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think next gen consoles wont support hamsters?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure about all of that, some maybe true to a certain extent but I would assume the load speed is your system however the characters would be their servers so technically you could load in so fast and be looking at silhouettes of characters for 30 seconds while the server renders them.

I may be off on that point but people have said using SSD externals for their systems it helped the load to be faster. If it was completely server then an SSD wouldnt help at all.

Visual rendering I'm sure is Client side. The Server is telling your Client what it's seeing, and then the Client has to go "Oh, that's in front of the player so I should draw it." Hence why I said rendering times got faster for me when I moved my Game from a Hard Disk to a Solid State Drive. It's actually pretty funny how long it's taken me to realize the slowdown a lot of people complain about on their computers can be blamed on their slower Hard Drives.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps5 is backwards compatible to ps4 games so I would assume you’d just download and play
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    Ps5 is backwards compatible to ps4 games so I would assume you’d just download and play

yep, from what I understand, any game submitting for certification on a Playstation from now on must be compatible with PS5, and ESO will submit at least twice for Stonethorn and Markarth. It probably already is PS5 Compatible.
    Been there, got the Molag Bal polymorph.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But how would the graphics look on ps5? Similar to the ps4 or a very good pc?
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »
    You don't seem to have learned from the past.
    Humans tend to demonstrate this behavior, quite predictably. :trollface:
    The stronger the hardware, the lazier game developers will optimize things. The strong performance will compensate for it and that's it!
    #TrueFacts.
    Humans are lazy and typically only optimize when they have to.
    Just look at games created in the 90's like the legendary 1MB "Another World", or the FPS shooter kkrieger, which was only 95KB in size.

Developers have certainly gotten lazier over the decades.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »
    With that awesome custom SSD in the PS5 will load times drastically diminish and will loading in Cyro while in battle stop?

Also ZOS do you have any plans for unlocking frames for those of us with PS5 or will the PS4 users hold PS5 back from making the hardware performance better.

With both next gen consoles around the corner I am surprised ZOS has mentioned nothing about them and their support.

While PS5 will be an improvement to the game, if you increase frames and load till it is overloaded again it will put performance right back where we started.

The PS5 is really powerful so much more so than PS3 to PS4.. that custom SSD is more powerful than anything PC has right now and can allocate its resources elsewhere if it's not completely being used.

Increasing frames to 60 should not put us back to where we were but that SSD is such a game changer for MMO's and Open World games and boy is it powerful.

LOL No it is NOT, you don't know PCs well if you think that. Cost to build a PC right now that is as powerful as a PS5 about 2000 USD See this article https://www.vg247.com/2020/03/20/ps5-vs-pc-specs/

I typically spend over 5k to build my PCs. Sorry to burst your bubble.

https://youtu.be/4ehDRCE1Z38

Since this post got revived I will say it again, what the PS5 is doing isn't replicated on PC yet.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will never convince a PC gamer that a console is as good as their pc so don't even bother. Costs and stats will be invented like nothing seen before
    Edited by volkeswagon on July 29, 2020 6:05AM