The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Saturday Night CrownZerg PvP!

Crown
Crown
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/uY1_YPourkI

Hope you enjoy the video!
Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing :/
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sunday at 3:15 PM EST and the game is lagged to hell. Players rubberbanding and freezing everywhere, I eventually get disconnect even though there aren't many players around. Log back in and notice a 10 second delay on skills and still rubberbanding.

Log off.
    Edited by Ahtu on May 3, 2020 8:49PM
  • Minoa86
    Minoa86
    Soul Shriven
    You know, I thought you gave up on logging in after 5min tbh. I wish I could have been recording you'd have seen some weird stuff.
    Elly the Medicine Woman | Minoa the Medic - baby medic with big dreams~
    Who stole that Skooma?
    #freeRoselle
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn you've got some serious patience to try as long as you did. It's a sad thing when you look at the clock and realise you can't play your favourite MMO because you know it'll be too unresponsive and unstable.
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    LOOOL
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont worry they'll make it worse by giving us more free pets and crown store fluff.
    All while saying that they are now taking up to much overhead on the servers lol
    Zos logic....
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    NA PC Gray Host PvP unplayable between 3pm -12 midnight where I'm at.. 3pm is pushing it. Only time I have a good time is like monday or tuesday super early, because its still only two bars. Fights can still be fun.

I have noticed the lag creep getting earlier and earlier however. I have tried every fix on the internet except for the vpn thing.

It is the most frustrating thing ever when you know you can defeat your opponent to then not be able to have your abilities to work correctly due to lag, and poof death recap... you died to lag again sucker!
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
  • csparks1
    csparks1
    ✭✭✭
    Icarus42 wrote: »
    NA PC Gray Host PvP unplayable between 3pm -12 midnight where I'm at.. 3pm is pushing it. !

It's unplayable almost 24/7 now - the day aftert they reset something and I had to repair my launcher and game - it worked perfectly. I played for 8 hours straight and only crashed 2x - all skills woreked, everything was great - i took a break b/c i had to eat and stand up for a bit - when i came back it was clunky - and has been gettting worse until it is now the same as it was when i quit a couple weeks ago.

How is it that they can fix something for 8 freakin hours, then it just slowly breaks again?

If we havce to reset CYRO EVERY *** DAY AT 3AM DO IT IF IF WILL FIX THESE PROBLEMS!!

IT IS UNPLAYABLE!!!

DAMMITT!!@!

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got me beat. My record for consecutive break-free animations last night was 4.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rewatching the beginning I think that was near the same time I crashed and took several tries to log back in. We were outside with the hammer and just *poof* kick to login. It was nearly 5 min later when I finally logged into High Rock gate, Drac had hammer.

And it’s always the same. Can log into the game just fine, so there’s a server connection. And can get to the character selection menu, and to the Cyrodiil load screen, then suddenly there’s no connection. Trying again to soon gives a “this account is already logged in” error. I can’t believe you kept it up for 30 min!

I said openly in zone and stand by it, I lay my beta monkey and tiger senche on the line and swear that last night was the worst gaming experience I’ve ever had in ESO since June 2014.
    Edited by Reverb on May 4, 2020 2:09AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    You got me beat. My record for consecutive break-free animations last night was 4.

One time I broke free 7-10 times in a row. It's like my character was head banging in a mosh pit. I could have kept going but ran out of stamina.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not shown: crown zergs 2 through 4 had no problems at all
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »

One time I broke free 7-10 times in a row. It's like my character was head banging in a mosh pit. I could have kept going but ran out of stamina.

That. That might be the most infuriating part right now. Actions that don’t get completed are still costing resources. Breaking feee doesn’t actually break free, you get the animation and it costs stamina yet you remain stunned. Spells don’t actually cast, just starts then aborts the animation over and over, but costs magicka each time.

• Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »

That. That might be the most infuriating part right now. Actions that don’t get completed are still costing resources. Breaking feee doesn’t actually break free, you get the animation and it costs stamina yet you remain stunned. Spells don’t actually cast, just starts then aborts the animation over and over, but costs magicka each time.

I wasn't mad. Just disappointed.
  • Rhandee235
    Rhandee235
    ✭✭✭
    At least we have Mid-year Mayhem to look forward to.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wtb new load screen artwork for PVP
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elly_ESO wrote: »
    You know, I thought you gave up on logging in after 5min tbh. I wish I could have been recording you'd have seen some weird stuff.

@Elly_ESO I was listening to music and reading a book (found a new entertaining one here) while waiting, so after the first round of swearing for the sake of ranting (it's fun sometimes), I still had a nice half hour before getting back in.
    LOOOL
    @Pain In The Axe I'll share some of the DMs I got from people who watched like 10+ minutes before looking forward to see the whole thing was the same.. It's funny in a not-so-funny sort of way.
    @Reverb The fact that so many of us count this is rather disturbing!
    zyk wrote: »
    Not shown: crown zergs 2 through 4 had no problems at all
    I laughed coffee out of my nose.. Crown Zerg #5 had a few people with connectivity issues, three people from Crown Zerg #6 rage quit when skills wouldn't work, and most of Crown Zerg #7 decided to go play Final Fantasy as it seems to be the least toxic MMO out there (wife plays it, can confirm).
    Rhandee235 wrote: »
    I am convinced that when they do Mi-year Mayhem they spin up a LOT more instances, as performance during that week tends to be amazing compared to the rest of the year. The render line locations also change during that week, which implies that there is some sort of dynamic border system offloading server-calculations to different hardware (dedicated CPU on VMs) for smaller areas than they normally have.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    Dont worry they'll make it worse by giving us more free pets and crown store fluff.
    All while saying that they are now taking up to much overhead on the servers lol
    Zos logic....

I browsed crown store thread first time ever and those people are upset too they don’t have a vampire skin yet ! 😂
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhandee235 wrote: »

And mayhem it will be... :D
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tuesday night 8 PM EST. Can't break free or cast any buffs or heals. Die five times when I shouldn't have.

Log off.
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

8.8/10

These loading screens are the pinnacle of true immersion for the ESO's PvP experience.

- IGN
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least people with no arms, legs, nose and face can thrive in that environment.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really sad that this game became such a garbage. With the "performance fixes" they absolutely killed it. Lag is worse than ever, prime time is literally unplayable, especially for small or medium size groups.
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly a learn to login issue.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    It's really sad that this game became such a garbage. With the "performance fixes" they absolutely killed it. Lag is worse than ever, prime time is literally unplayable, especially for small or medium size groups.

Feb 5 patch on Xbox broke something hardcore.

It's almost like they switched some sort of data logging on and never turned it off.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s really sad is the relatively fun experience I had this evening. Skills only took 2 or 3 casts to go off. Few load screens. I didn’t get crashed to desktop (although most of the raid did) and I only had a few break free issues.

Sad cause a few months ago I would have rage quit and cussed about a bad night of crap performance.

It’s been so bad for so long that the new normal has been accepted.

But I had fun so what the hell.
    Ray
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    It’s been so bad for so long that the new normal has been accepted.

The current horribad normal is just the new standard next year at the same time before the 2021 chapter, some people will once again tell then how the game worked totally fine before Greymoor, this still doesn't mean all the players have accepted this even Zenimax probably has.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night, every time I tried to bash someone burning a camp, I would just break free over and over and over until I stopped trying to bash. This happened consistently many times throughout the night even when I wasn't crowd controlled. Now, I could slot Venom Arrow for interrupts but then I would be losing my only spammable which makes me wonder when they are going to revert block having a server side check because it obviously isn't working in lag.

I don't expect an answer by the way. In fact, I fully expect them to somehow make the game less playable next patch instead of doing anything at this point. Clearly they are not testing these changes in Cyrodiil when there is heavy lag before pushing them out onto the live servers, and it's a running joke how they manage to break the basic functionality of the game consistently each and every patch.

I don't know how they can possible make it worse than it is now, but they always find a way to surprise me. I've played other games with open world sieges with no issues so I don't know why this game has so many.
    Edited by Ahtu on May 7, 2020 3:53PM
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention that bombard roots you in place for the full duration as dodge rolling does not work in lag either. The animation starts and stops and you don't move over and over again. I'm done with playing during lag as ball groups are ruining the game during these times with the amount of lag they create. Every time I am around a ball group these things happen.
    Edited by Ahtu on May 7, 2020 4:06PM