The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Playable Races may be under consideration

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually happy to see PvP listed on there. While a new playable race would be very refreshing, what race could they even consider adding to ESO? I can think of sub-races, like the different types of Khajiit, for example, but I don't know what actual race they could add.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohmes khajiit(just a appearance variant of khajiit just more elf like)
    Actually, the current 'Bosmer' have passives that are far more suited to Khajiit. The roll dodge shenanigans and fall damage reduction are acrobatic skills -- acrobatics was the primary skill of Khajiit in Oblivion and Morrowind; Khajiit are THE best at acrobatics in those games.

So, we already have Ohmes. They're just called 'Bosmer' at the moment.

What we need is the actual sneaky-archer-best-at-thievery Bosmer which we've had in every other game.
    I have a Bosmer with the tenmar markings named Ohmes-Mergersh (okay, none of my character names are lore-friendly) for this reason. ;)
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering a new race wouldnt be a bad idea! But ESO would have to tread carefully and be pretty creative in terms of implementation. As others have said my only thought would point to Maomers, which would be a hard time explaining why theyre all over Tamriel when they never had a homeland here. Other races such as the Falmer and Dwemer would be a really bad idea. In the eyes of those who enjoy ES Lore, there wouldnt really be a passable explanation as to why theyres Dwemer or non-feral Falmer all over Tamriel in the Second Era, only to just disappear after after the events of ESO
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -> ZOS has stated interest in taking us to pyandonea one day.

-> Maromer/sea elves got an updated look in Summerset

-> one of the most requested races

Maromer soon? ;)
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -> ZOS has stated interest in taking us to pyandonea one day.

-> Maromer/sea elves got an updated look in Summerset

-> one of the most requested races

Maromer soon? ;)

I think it's a given. Once they add that the question is will they keep going and add a few more? I knew it was only a matter of time with Maromer as the fan demand is huge. Also as expert water and lightning mages it would be easy to make them privateers and merc's working the world over.

After that I think the next easiest to add would be the Argonian Naga and one of the Khajit. Akaviir human's for humans and boop done all the factions get something. It's harder to add races to the boring section of the map. Breton's, Hammerfall, and Orinium. If we had to come up with a race or sub-race that is truly unique using one of those factions who could it be?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's "Maormer". If you want it, spell it right. Sheesh.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well if we do new playable races i can only imagine the following would be lore-friendly.

- Maormer
    - Naga
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big voter for maormer. With the addition of maormer in hews bane and in the dragon guard in southern elsweyr they are demonstrating that there can be friendly sea elves in tamriel.

I'm also very much for new khajiit forms. I'd like to play as a dagi or pahmar. I can see how it would not be very viable to play as senche or alfiq. Tho it would be fun. Maybe add in ohmes?

And while I wont ever play it they should add naga for the argonians and heck even give an offshoot tribe of kothringi so man races have something new. Or akaviri an Asian styled human race.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and imga. There should have always been imga.
    Edited by TheNuminous1 on May 1, 2020 3:05AM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big voter for maormer. With the addition of maormer in hews bane and in the dragon guard in southern elsweyr they are demonstrating that there can be friendly sea elves in tamriel.

I'm also very much for new khajiit forms. I'd like to play as a dagi or pahmar. I can see how it would not be very viable to play as senche or alfiq. Tho it would be fun. Maybe add in ohmes?

And while I wont ever play it they should add naga for the argonians and heck even give an offshoot tribe of kothringi so man races have something new. Or akaviri an Asian styled human race.

Kothingri are just dead humans though lol. Nothing unique to them. Now the Lilmothiit could easily have lore bringing them back. I mean yeah in black marsh extinct or near extinct? Sure, but who is to say there aren't some lost tribes out there? Until we see massive 100% evidence they have been wiped out everywhere then I think they are a realistic option as well.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone who's complaining about the performance received one of these surveys?
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »

Kothingri are just dead humans though lol. Nothing unique to them. Now the Lilmothiit could easily have lore bringing them back. I mean yeah in black marsh extinct or near extinct? Sure, but who is to say there aren't some lost tribes out there? Until we see massive 100% evidence they have been wiped out everywhere then I think they are a realistic option as well.

Hey they are blue tinted ! Lol and ya same with lilmothiit the area of argonia is huge and deep and unexplored by many so who's to say there isnt hidden tribes.
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snow Elven hidden chantry DLC WHEN
  • GalexPK
    GalexPK
    ✭✭✭
    We need,
    Ohmes-Raht / Ohmes

Maomer

Nagas

Lore exception? Like making a chapter about the random return of a few (you only in theory)

Dwemer

Snow Elf
    PC NA:
    Karim Vidal - Altmer Magicka Templar

La'Mahnaz - Bosmer WW Stamina Nightblade

Alba Id - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer

La'Ainaz - Bosmer Vamp Necro

Va'Shir - Khajiit Nightblade

Steam ID: Galexpk
  • Levi_the_Defiler
    GIVE US PLAYABLE DAEDRIC RACESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be nice
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for mentioning the survey! It was hiding out in the Promotions section of my email I check once in a blue moon.

Dang i never got that email😤
  • godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    i can see just about everyone picking new races, new classes, and new skill lines lol
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I think Maormer is so obviously going to be the first made playable that it's pointless to even ask for it. What I want though is a few more obscure races made playable like fox people or even Naga Argonian. Well preferably Argonian behemoth to get my hulk on.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want this, too, but it would be hard to square with the main story.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope people realise that Daedra will have a permanent "criminal act" status ? :joy:
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can see just about everyone picking new races, new classes, and new skill lines lol

Yeah. I did.

It would be weird to have sub-races wouldn't it? Having a Naga character and an Argonian character? When I came across the Naga I thought it would be a nice choice of face type for an Argonian character but it didn't cross me mind that a Naga would not be an Argonian character.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope people realise that Daedra will have a permanent "criminal act" status ? :joy:

Yeah, can you imagine in Alinor where that NPC is calling out to battle the daedric threats. And then have deadric players running everywhere?

Although to be fair, the fact that there is a daedric merchant in Craglorn always throws me off.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an e-mail survey, and playable races were one of the options for content I would like to see in future chapters...
    That is nice to see!
    I hope they will decide to go there...
    ...I reckon that if they do, we will likely see one or two alliance-neutral races to come like imperials to "test the waters" and see if there is enough of a profit to be made there...
    But, been there, posted those thoughts before: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422285/new-player-race-possibilities/p1 ;)
    If I was guessing - probably different variants of existing races (Naga Argonian, Tojay khajiit etc.)
    Well, the problem with that is... alliances.
    If they add variants, then some players will be vexed... the ones missing out. I can imagine the whining... "WHy do AD get two additional kitty furstocks, and DC doesn't get anything new?" - so, IF they go there, they would have to add it in a balanced manner. Like... One khajiity furstock for AD, one argonian sub-race for EP, and reachmen for DC... hmmm... which I guess they totally could do!
    Maomer are possible but would need a reason to be playable...
    Like imperials you mean?
    Yeah, -exactly- like that. All imperial charatcers in ESO have no homeland, are technically "exiles" and thus eglible to join whoever... while occasionally fighting their brethren as enemies. Same for a Maormer exiled from their isles to live among the landwalkers, or fled to escape punishment, or... or... or... ;)
    lilmolith and kothringi arent likely due to being wiped out by the plague, some could have survived but it would be a stretch to have them
    Yeah, while their extinction was only 20 years ago, and it could be that a handful might have survived due to being far away from black marsh... well, I would expect them to only ever appear as crown crate unlock with an even rarer chance to happen then apex mounts...
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    What if a surviving tribe of Lilimoth migrated to Bosmer lands?
    Knarheten flu, remember? Look at todays borders with Coronavirus - you really think migrating would be a possibility under such circumstances, when a plague that healers could not cure ravaged a people, and the neighbors would do everything in their power to prevent it from spreading to their lands too?
    The Kothringi tried, actually. Crimson Ship, remember? Were turned away at every port, as noone would take the chance...
    xaraan wrote: »
    Maybe they will add racial morphs...
    They already have racechange tokens. So...
    Not likely, as it would be rather lorebreaking.
    I mean, yeah, it would be cool! But... lorebreaking. Not working too well with a LOT of the storylines. Or general life. Heck, any daedra in tamriel without some sorceror to hold their leash would be a "criminal act" all by itself!
    (As much as I'd love making a Mazken character...)
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait.. what if they make harpies playable for DC? It's the only thing I can think of in the boring DC. You don't have to migrate out of Black Marsh by boat as fox people. Can go by land just illegally land border. Also even if they choose boat they can land illegally in any country. It's not like today where migrating is hard. Look at the collapse of western roman empire before it happened barbarians were roaming the land and they were basically free to do as they liked. If anything it makes more sense for the fox people to have migrated somewhere else and lie low for a long time.
    Edited by Aptonoth on May 1, 2020 1:34PM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a new playable race, but I'd love a new class just as much. Those are the top two.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also expect a couple of additional character slots to accompany a new race or class or whatever.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    I'd love a new playable race, but I'd love a new class just as much. Those are the top two.

New weapon > new race > new class is the priority for me. We’re missing spears and melee Magicka. Once those done maybe crossbows and fists someday in the far future.
  • Gamingdays
    Gamingdays
    ✭✭
    Maormer all the way! They can easily make it lore friendly with a zone dlc that expands a “truth” or a cultural exchange between Maormer and another in land race. Unfortunately I didn’t get the email so I can’t pick my options.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gamingdays wrote: »
    Maormer all the way! They can easily make it lore friendly with a zone dlc that expands a “truth” or a cultural exchange between Maormer and another in land race. Unfortunately I didn’t get the email so I can’t pick my options.
    I agree. This would be amazing.
    Maormer and Khajiit were already living alongside each other in Khenarthi's Roost before the events of the main quest-line there.