The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

New Playable Races may be under consideration

josh.lackey_ESO
josh.lackey_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I got an e-mail survey, and playable races were one of the options for content I would like to see in future chapters.

iGvh9au.png

I, of course, checked it as one of my three. :p
Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on April 30, 2020 5:14PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this email too, a bit meh that it wasn't the survey that granted an atmoran bantam guar.

They could do khajiit furstocks as subraces since that's the most lore friendly route as khajiit can be found all over tamriel thanks to the bandari clan, but elsweyr as a chapter passed. I could see ohmes-raht desirable since well, essentially anime cat girls.

ON-Item-Ohmes-raht_Statue%2C_Trickster_02.jpg
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 1, 2020 7:29PM
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an e-mail survey, and playable races were one of the options for content I would like to see in the consideration.

Should say "in future chapters." Not sure why I can't edit. PICNIC error
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on April 30, 2020 5:15PM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an e-mail survey, and playable races were one of the options for content I would like to see in the consideration.

Should say "in future chapters." Not sure why I can't edit.
    @josh.lackey_ESO

When you're the thread creator edit button (wheel) is moved from top, right corner to right after the thread title. Took me a while to locate myself.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was guessing - probably different variants of existing races (Naga Argonian, Tojay khajiit etc.)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for mentioning the survey! It was hiding out in the Promotions section of my email I check once in a blue moon.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    When you're the thread creator edit button (wheel) is moved from top, right corner to right after the thread title. Took me a while to locate myself.

Ty! You think I would know that after six years. 😂
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 30, 2020 5:29PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I got this email too, a bit meh that it wasn't the survey that granted an atmoran bantam guar.

They could do khajiit furstocks as subraces since that's the most lore friendly route as khajiit can be found all over tamriel thanks to the bandari clan, but elsweyr as a chapter passed. I could see ohmes desirable since well, essentially anime cat girls.

Knowing ZOS, they'll add Imga instead :D though I'm not sure who I'll prefer from this 2, since we already have semi-ohmes, but don't have any ape race.
    LO-race-Imga.jpg
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Id love new playable servers
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they add Bosmers!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info on a survey, didn't picked races as a desirable feature as it's surely not a priority for me compared to some other options but it was still kinda insightful to see what they're interested in. Not so positive but eh.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a subscription only server with no crown store.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I wonder why I haven't received this survey yet? I have my hopes up for ohmes or maormer as a playable race now, since these are the two I'd most love to see >w<
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is this survey?
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Actual sea elf playable as neutral merc race would be fantastic. Argonian Behemoth would be super sick as well. Imagine him tanking lol. Super chad. The fox people of black marsh. I would even like to see human's get a few distinct sub-racial's as well can't leave them out of the fun.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way ZOS does balance. New race + New class = Jesus with and AK.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Survey filled in but it didn't go through as the website is in maintenance. New Khajiit types would be cool (preferably NOT anime cat girls *shudder*).
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an e-mail survey, and playable races were one of the options for content I would like to see in future chapters.

iGvh9au.png

But where is performance tab?
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I hope they add Bosmers!

HA!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had the email I would vote new race, new skill lines, and new quests to complete. Living the Black Marsh dream is spears added either Behemoth's or Naga argonian made playable, and some sort of pimped house in the center of Black Marsh. It's a dream too amazing to come true though.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other kahjiit subspecies would be nice
    Argobian naga too

Maomer are possible but would need a reason to be playable(maybe a outcast tribe/village that refused to follow a crazy plan their king had. Race would be unlocked after helping them)

lilmolith and kothringi arent likely due to being wiped out by the plague, some could have survived but it would be a stretch to have them

Dwemer are a big no

Falmer are just blind savage right now and there isnt enough of them for us to play

But yes more species would be welcome if they are lore friendly or at least have a reason to be there
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

iGvh9au.png

The Maomer would be cool.

I also want new zones. Fix the map, ZOS - give us Winterhold!

OH, also Arx Corinium II... Please!
    Edited by StarOfElyon on April 30, 2020 6:45PM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if a surviving tribe of Lilimoth migrated to Bosmer lands? It's certainly posssible they could have survived as no lore exists to say otherwise. On the other hands Kothringi dead for sure. I think we could see Akaviri human race added as well there should still be some around.
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Yes! Actual sea elf playable as neutral merc race would be fantastic. Argonian Behemoth would be super sick as well. Imagine him tanking lol. Super chad. The fox people of black marsh. I would even like to see human's get a few distinct sub-racial's as well can't leave them out of the fun.

This is probably nearer the mark.

It's more likely you will see existing races gain a "racial ultimate" Argonians get the Behemoth... etc etc...

It would follow the current trend of cheesy ultimates like the bone colossus, vampire lord and werewolf.

Personally anything that spares everyone suffering anymore pet ultimates is fine with me.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »

This is probably nearer the mark.

It's more likely you will see existing races gain a "racial ultimate" Argonians get the Behemoth... etc etc...

It would follow the current trend of cheesy ultimates like the bone colossus, vampire lord and werewolf.

Personally anything that spares everyone suffering anymore pet ultimates is fine with me.

That would be dumb if you could only change to the new races via ultimates. Unless your talking just the behemoth which makes more sense. Also naga argonian’s are a thing that could be added as well.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely there as a standard question, Very much doubt ESO will get a new PC race unless TES adds a new one.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is Sub Races. Like Khajiit -> Dagi-Raht. Or Nord -> Reachman.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    Most likely there as a standard question, Very much doubt ESO will get a new PC race unless TES adds a new one.

Eso is elder scrolls. Bethesda doesn’t care anymore and anyone expecting a good es singleplayer game from them is fooling themselves. I wish Beth would give the ip to another company like CD project red but that will never happen. Can’t wait to see how much worse es 6 is compared to 76.
  • Tyrthax
    Tyrthax
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I hope they add Bosmers!

I see what you did there ;}

Purveyor of Khajiiti stuff.
    Healer, Tank, DPS.
    Master Crafter
    Lord No-Touchie.
  • Tyrthax
    Tyrthax
    I think new races and classes would be cool.

Like the Behemoth Argonians, or the big Khajiit from Elsweyr.

I got this survey too. I would like to see new classes again. Preferably none that are kept behind a paywall. It would be cool to see something like a Shadow Scale class since we don’t have a stealth class in the game. ;}
    Purveyor of Khajiiti stuff.
    Healer, Tank, DPS.
    Master Crafter
    Lord No-Touchie.