The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Snipe and Ring of Malacath

Artorias24
Artorias24
✭✭✭✭✭
This ring
New Moon
1x Kena
And another 5 piece with high wp damage

Peacefully be in stealth, maybe even as vamp to get more wp Damage out of stealth and one shot players with huuge snipes.

When someone looks at you, just cloak. Move 28 meter away from him. Start your snipe spam again.

Cant.wait.for.this.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure its worth it. Shooting from stealth is a guaranteed crit, NB get extra 10% crit bonus. Why would you want to lose this synergy ?
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You realize you lose the guaranteed crit doing this, right?
    Edited by darthgummibear_ESO on April 29, 2020 10:18AM
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....garantued crit my friend. And its still possible to crit even with the Ring.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean this ? :
    Malacath's Band of Brutality

(1 item) Increases your damage done by 25%. You cannot deal critical damage.

Not worth it imho as you can not deal critical damage So snipe from crouch-stealth will actually be weaker with this. I think this set will be more usefull with AOE abilities in group.
    Artorias24 wrote: »
    ....garantued crit my friend. And its still possible to crit even with the Ring.
    Unless you can and if it is possible then it is probably a bug...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 29, 2020 10:23AM
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is possible to bypass the non-crit condition from the Malacath's Band of Brutality. For example in the video i'll post below it gets bypassed by the vamp passive that guarantees a crit while below 50% HP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYxqsg08FuE

Not sure if it's a bug of that it works as intended. I hope it's a bug otherwhise this will be completely broken for as the OP pointed out snipers in PvP or players with sets like Mechanical Aquity.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Papachico wrote: »
    It is possible to bypass the non-crit condition from the Malacath's Band of Brutality. For example in the video i'll post below it gets bypassed by the vamp passive that guarantees a crit while below 50% HP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYxqsg08FuE

Not sure if it's a bug of that it works as intended. I hope it's a bug otherwhise this will be completely broken for as the OP pointed out snipers in PvP or players with sets like Mechanical Aquity.

Acuity doesnt work with the malacath ring. I just tried it on pts.

yybnpqsucu2e.jpg
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭

Acuity doesnt work with the malacath ring. I just tried it on pts.

yybnpqsucu2e.jpg
    [/quote]

Ah thank you! that's good to know, than I suppose the crit as shown in the video is a bug and will be adjusted.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ah thank you! that's good to know, than I suppose the crit as shown in the video is a bug and will be adjusted.

I think the Vamp ability crits because it Forces crits at certain conditions, acuity just sets your weapon/spell crit to 100% or higher.

Edit:
    I wasnt able to get crits either by using shadowy disguise before each bow proc. Guess its only the Vamp ability that is different/bugged.
    6l2otjadx6pc.jpg
    Edited by Sanguinor2 on April 29, 2020 11:41AM
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    This ring
    New Moon
    1x Kena

Peacefully be in stealth, maybe even as vamp to get more wp Damage out of stealth and one shot players with huuge snipes.

When someone looks at you, just cloak. Move 28 meter away from him. Start your snipe spam again.

Cant.wait.for.this.

You forgot about desyncs too, another bonus. 😆😆
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

I think the Vamp ability crits because it Forces crits at certain conditions, acuity just sets your weapon/spell crit to 100% or higher.

Edit:
    I wasnt able to get crits either by using shadowy disguise before each bow proc. Guess its only the Vamp ability that is different/bugged.
    6l2otjadx6pc.jpg

Cheers again!
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone check if Critical Charge (2H gap closer, "always" crits) still crits?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ring
    New Moon
    1x Kena

Cant.wait.for.this.

Great build! Make a video! You could call it "1-Button Snipe Noob Build"
    PC-EU
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The true crazy strong synergy for snipers next patch will be:
    - simmering frenzy (morph of blood frenzy vampire skill) --> 630 weapon damage + 10% extra for every second this skill is toggled on
    - strike from the shadows (vampire passive) --> 300 weapon damage for 6 seconds after exiting stealth
    - titanborn strength (5-piece set) --> 569 weapon damage, 1096 stamina and 6447 physical pen when under 50% health

So, this combo will give you at least +1.5k unbuffed weapon damage and 6.4k pen from just a skill, a passive and a 5-piece. You can then add another 5-piece as well as a monster set, arena weapon or mythical item on top of that. Stragety would be to just activate frenzy and wait until you reach 50% health, then snipe away.

Damage next patch will be pretty inflated compared to now. Combined with the healing nerfs this might become a real pain in no CP.
    Edited by HankTwo on April 29, 2020 4:24PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    - simmering frenzy (morph of blood frenzy vampire skill) --> 630 weapon damage + 10% extra for every second this skill is toggled on
    - strike from the shadows (vampire passive) --> 300 weapon damage for 6 seconds after exiting stealth
    - titanborn strength (5-piece set) --> 569 weapon damage, 1096 stamina and 6447 physical pen when under 50% health

So, this combo will give you at least +1.5k unbuffed weapon damage and 6.4k pen from just a skill, a passive and a 5-piece. You can then add another 5-piece as well as a monster set, arena weapon or mythical item on top of that. Stragety would be to just activate frenzy and wait until you reach 50% health, then snipe away.

Damage next patch will be pretty inflated compared to now. Combined with the healing nerfs this might become a real pain in no CP.

Id rather every be squishy than unkillable tanks.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭

It will definitely be.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you really want to be stupid just use Thrassian's and Pelinal's.