The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Flame Clench vs Scatter shot and Piercing Javelin

SirWafflecakes
SirWafflecakes
✭✭✭
Do you think that these three abilities should all be the same range as they all basically provide the same function? It seems weird that flame clench is only 15 meters when scatter shot and piercing javelin has a range of 22 meters. Either raise the range of destructive touch to 22 meters or the more likely option lower the range of scatter shot and piercing javelin to 15 meters.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too would like Clench's range increased.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likely it will not, since the master's staff will make flame clench the Bis for mag classes again like it was not too long ago.
  • SirWafflecakes
    SirWafflecakes
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i know, it is fantastic, but i do miss the max range lol. this was more a question of homogenization rather that specifically asking for flame clench to get a range buff. i would be happy with the other range knock back stuns being reduced down to 15 meters as well.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if flame clench range got raised it would likely have to have its velocity raised, otherwise people will block it quite easily. Which i suppose it wouldnt hurt to just raise the range and leave the counterplay available with the same velocity.

Javelin tbh should have a slower animation so there is some sort of counterplay, To me the animation seems to be out of sync with the actual knockback
    Although bringing flame clench back as the Bis this patch will be sad since dizzy which was the melee counterpart of all of these abilities completely lost its knockup for a *** knockdown/snare that are both random.
    Edited by MincVinyl on April 29, 2020 4:33AM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bringing Scatter Shot down to the same range as Clench makes sense as they are for ranged users to keep enemies out of melee range. With Javelin its difference as 1 morph knocks them back while the other stuns on the spot.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Bringing Scatter Shot down to the same range as Clench makes sense as they are for ranged users to keep enemies out of melee range. With Javelin its difference as 1 morph knocks them back while the other stuns on the spot.

No, it is a ranged cc for landing burst at range. Clench should have its ranged increased. Even if it follows your logic, gap closers minus bolt escape are 22m. Scattershot is 22m. Kinda counter productive to reduce the range of scattershot.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just buff the range of clench its not too much to ask nor it is a huge buff.
    Edited by Greek_Hellspawn on April 29, 2020 10:08AM
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clench range's buff to 22 have been ask the day they decided to put it 15m on pts. ZoS never care about what's being asked.
  • Genfe
    Genfe
    ✭✭✭
    Since 2020 it’s been asked to normalize the range