Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ANTIQUITIES LEADS + LEAD LOCATIONS UBER-THREAD

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I figured since we're all going to be hunting down leads for the antiquities system, it makes sense to have a handy-dandy central location to see where the various leads can be found and what they're for. Keep adding the leads you find and their sources, so we can update and refine the spreadsheet below!

NEW SUPEREDIT:
Inklings also has a mobile version of the lead spreadsheet that will be updated any time new info gets added!
It can be found here:
https://ninja614.com/eso-antiquities-leads-and-sources/

AND there's also an addon that incorporates all the data in Inklings' spreadsheet!
Display Leads Addon

SUPEREDIT: Many thanks to @Inklings for their work in compiling this much-easier-to-read spreadsheet!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oZNNtdccCOm-6rNJ5y6jAwnkdVvVMJC6lP9NN_dIE7Y/htmlview?pru=AAABco1ErcM*Prkp0T7fqp9w9VQipLPSCg#
Inklings wrote: »
225+ leads all nice and neat set in tabs per zone in this spreadsheet. Also antiquities leveling info/strategies. Thank you all who have helped submitting lead locations.

cIc3T0k.png

Edited by Saucy_Jack on June 13, 2020 7:32AM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a cracking idea!

I was hoping someone would take the initiative so I didn't have to try find the lead for Wild Hunt Ring myself :lol:

Good job :smile:
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few I found when I was testing which sources would offer leads:

o7ZbUTm.png (Hew's Bane thieves' trove)

qYv3Frc.png (Wrothgar wandering merchant)

o8qiBYJ.png (Wrothgar treasure chest)

RCQQVMM.png (Bangkorai safebox)

mtt1Yd2.png (Bangkorai stationary merchant - Evermore)

• PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've put those ones in the list - thanks for the tips!

Just for future reference though, if posts could be in text form rather than screenshot form it would make my job a lot easier <3<3
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormhaven:
    Beacon of Tower Zero (gold) - from psijic portal

Summerset:
    Sticky Integument Leather (gold, for Thrassian Stanglers) - from psijic portal
    Alinor Allemander (gold, emote, once per account) - from non-random encounter
    It is near the theatre of Rellenthil
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    Multi-zone:
    Aldmeri Golden Embellishments (purple) - thieves troves
    I got it in Grahtwood from the thieves trove.

Edit:
    Kartalin wrote: »
    (Wrothgar wandering merchant)
    (Bangkorai stationary merchant - Evermore)
    Leads to Antique Maps are sold by wandering merchants (and stationary merchants that sell the same items) in the zones, they require Pathfinder achievement of that zone.
    Edited by Olauron on April 27, 2020 3:46PM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great idea!! thank you
    PC-EU
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea, but i have found several bugged leads (leads found in one zone for another zone which seems incorrect/bugged because the lead doesn't tell you which zone it is for or anything - it just zooms into Journal and if it isn't there when you look at the Scry for zone you are in...well it is a click on every zone to find it thing. Worse for the fragment ones it doesn't say on the lead/item in journal which zone it is in. THEN it is up to you to port to each zone until you find it under "scry".

Another BUG of note: The Master and Ultimate difficulty leads are both yellow leads.

That said I will note which I believe are bugged:

Antique Map of [Zone] - available from General Merchant/Innkeeper in the zone named for 1,000g, Green Lead.
    • Alik'r
    • Auridon
    • Bangkorai
    • Deshaan
    • Eastmarch
    • Glenumbra
    • Grahtwood
    • Greenshade
    • Malabal Tor
    • Murkmire
    • Northern Elsweyr
    • Reaper's March
    • Rivenspire
    • Shadowfen
    • Stonefalls
    • Stormhaven
    • Summerset
    • Southern Elsweyr (BUGGED, the Lead says Gold Coast but the furniture map is S. Elsweyr)
    • The Rift
    • Vvardenfell
    • Wrothgar

Auridon:
    Aldermi Golden Embellishments (purple) - BUGGED - Found in Thieves Trove on Betnikh
    Maormeri Serpent Shrine (purple) - Safebox

Bal Foyen:
    The Dutiful Guar (purple) - Safebox
    Tri-Angled Truth Altar (purple) - Safebox

Betnihk
    Ayleid Lightwell (purple) - Safebox, Wood Node, Mob (Ancient Soldier)
    Warcaller's Painted Drum (yellow) - Mob (wasp), could easily come from other sources too

Bleakrock
    Auri-El Metal Carvings (yellow) - part of Snow Treaders Mythic gear - Mob (Frostedge Sentry)
    Brazier of Frozen Flame (yellow) - Mob (Drake Archer - in Stros M'kai) BUGGED
    Ruby Dragon Skull (purple) - Treasure Chest, Wood Node, Thieves Trove

Greenshade
    Greensong Gathering Circle (purple?) - Thieves Trove

Khenarthi's Roost:
    Ancestral Elf:Axes (green) - Treasure Map Chest *BUG: All FOUR of these LEADS from one chest lol
    Ancestral Elf:Belt (green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Elf: Helmets (blue) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Elf: Staves (blue) - Treasure Map Chest
    Sweet Khenarthi's Song (purple) - Thieves Trove

Reaper's March:
    Moonlight Mirror (yellow) - Safebox

Stonefalls:
    Ashen Infernace Gate (purple) - Safebox, Mob (Betty Netch), Treasure Chest
    Dwarven Steam Conduit (blue) - Mount Fragment - Inner Sea Armature Delve Boss
    Torc Tonal Focus (yellow) - Gear Fragment - Wrathvenom (boss) in Crow's Wood

Stros M'kai:
    Dwarven Puzzle Box (purple) - Safebox

The Rift:
    Ebony Fox Totem (purple) - Safebox

Can't check right now but i think this piece was scried in Summerset...
    Preserved Music Box Mechanism (yellow) - BUGGED - Safebox in Stonefalls

Parting words: I think a lot of the Safebox and Thieves Trove leads "might" be found in mulitple locations other than these two source. Same with purple leads on mobs - these are likely multi-source. The yellow leads on mobs - as rarer leads might be mob specific.

Edit: I am assuming that leads from in zones they aren't for is bugged because of how the system currently works (not telling you where the lead is for, since this make finding leads in one zone for another zone counter-intuitive)
    Edited by Mix on April 27, 2020 5:00PM
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone find any new leads that aren't listed up top?
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    Found from Cheydinhal quest reward box

rvyk28mu7y37.png
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are no leads from Rolis or Faustina, which seems like a oversight. It would have been a nice way to give some perks to Master Crafters.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cres wrote: »

rvyk28mu7y37.png

Shouldn't the leads we find in a certain zone be related to items in the same zone, or am I misremembering?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are mythic items found in fragments? I'm sure I read that somewhere. Furthermore has anyone found my "wild Hunt" ring yet?

I found it on the PTS!! In my inventory...
    I have a feeling it won't be as easy when Greymoor goes live 😞
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the wild hunt ring is in murkmire
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I think there are 5 fragments for each of the Mythic items
  • Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭
    Are mythic items found in fragments? I'm sure I read that somewhere. Furthermore has anyone found my "wild Hunt" ring yet?

I found it on the PTS!! In my inventory...
    I have a feeling it won't be as easy when Greymoor goes live 😞

Yes it is split into pieces. Five iirc. They are all found in different zones, you can get the leads from the box in the template inventory to check the zones they are in. I don't think anyone has found their sources yet though.
    I think the wild hunt ring is in murkmire

One of the pieces (a snake part I think) is in murkmire, but not the whole item
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't got any leads to the parts of this ring during normal gameplay. After spending some time searching I took the leads from the template character container. Ring of the Wild Hunt should be excavated in Greenshade, Grahtwood, Glenumbra, Malabal Tor and Murkmire.
    one mer to find them,
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    I haven't got any leads to the parts of this ring during normal gameplay. After spending some time searching I took the leads from the template character container. Ring of the Wild Hunt should be excavated in Greenshade, Grahtwood, Glenumbra, Malabal Tor and Murkmire.

Thanks for this👍

Further apologies for my ignorance I have spent zero time testing this new system. Mainly been trying builds for the next patch the wild Hunt ring included 😁

You require leads to scry and excavate right? So knowing the location of the fragments won't be enough?
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

rvyk28mu7y37.png

Shouldn't the leads we find in a certain zone be related to items in the same zone, or am I misremembering?

That doesn't seem true so far atleast. The piece for Thrassian Stanglers listed above is found in Artaeum but excavated in Eyevea
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »

Thanks for this👍

Further apologies for my ignorance I have spent zero time testing this new system. Mainly been trying builds for the next patch the wild Hunt ring included 😁

You require leads to scry and excavate right? So knowing the location of the fragments won't be enough?
    You require leads to everything except the first green treasure of the zone. You need to scry the item on any character to excavate it on any character.
    one mer to find them,
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I understand correctly, the lead is supposed to be found in the same zone as the excavation. (Unless its bugged which has been seen alot)
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    If I understand correctly, the lead is supposed to be found in the same zone as the excavation. (Unless its bugged which has been seen alot)

Where did you read/see that? I never saw it so I'm curious
    Edited by Cres on April 28, 2020 5:54PM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/522289/pts-patch-notes-v6-0-0#latest

"Lead sourcing is often related, directly or indirectly, to the Antiquity it will lead to. For instance, if you're looking for Leads to Antiquities concerning Glenumbra's history, try scouring Glenumbra."
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on April 28, 2020 6:03PM
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/522289/pts-patch-notes-v6-0-0#latest

"Lead sourcing is often related, directly or indirectly, to the Antiquity it will lead to. For instance, if you're looking for Leads to Antiquities concerning Glenumbra's history, try scouring Glenumbra."

Hrm, not sure i read it that way but i see what you're saying. It's could be a poor example. The item be about Glenumbra history, so checking for the lead there does make sense, but does that extend to where it should be excavated? Current state of PTS says no.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that is how it is supposed to be, but the PTS is clearly bugged right now. That's why it is a TEST server.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the problem it that the leads are appearing in the wrong places.
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem it that the leads are appearing in the wrong places.

That's quite possible, my example above about the item found in Artaem and excavated in Eyevea. There is another fragment for that same item that is dug up in Artaem, so they could be swapped.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think that since the Mythic items have 5 fragments with 5 leads, presumably in 5 different zones, they may be cross related, scavenger hunt style. Find a lead in 1 zone, leads to next zone and so on.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also taken that phrase to mean that antiquities are found in the zone where you would scry/excavate them, but either some are bugged or some can be found in other zones/multiple reward places.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I can tell: in general, green/blue leads for a zone will for the most part, be found in that zone. Purple/gold leads can be for items in any zone though.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glenumbra:
    Preserved Music Box Mechanism (gold) - safebox

Rivenspire:
    Riven King's Throne (purple) - safebox
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • ChimpyChumpy
    ChimpyChumpy
    ✭✭✭
    Real dumb question is this just on the pts or already in game? Oh and thanks for starting this.