The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are stats of Glyphs with Prismatic Recovery and Reduce Skill Cost?

nejcn001
nejcn001
✭✭✭
Some data missing in patch notes.
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also want to know
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone ever find out?
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm also curious; it's an intrigue whether ZOS actually made something worth using, or gave birth to an enchantment version of Invigorating trait. Though target audience will be probably PvP specs that make heavy use of off-stat.
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    Here ya go:

5io9950bo3t9.png
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cres wrote: »
    Here ya go:

5io9950bo3t9.png

Oh damn. Does prismatic reduce skill cost work on abilities like blood alter and healthy offering too?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Here ya go:

5io9950bo3t9.png

Oh damn. Does prismatic reduce skill cost work on abilities like blood alter and healthy offering too?

Yes. They started really considering health cost as just another resource for some abilities around 2019. You can see it when they made Sorc/Templars cost reduction passives include health cost or when they made the Mages guild passive include health cost. They clearly knew where things would be heading because now we have multiple Vamp abilities with health cost, Necro has abilties with health cost, new glyph reduces health cost.

I think it's pretty neat. Hope they continue that trend.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 28, 2020 10:49PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to make a bi stat version for everything too
  • icefyer_ESO
    icefyer_ESO
    ✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    They need to make a bi stat version for everything too

That'd be fantastic. I can see tanks possibly making use if a health + stamina or magicka recovery one for example, or a health + magicka cost reduction to help offset the 20% pain of R4 vampire on the PTS if you don't use stamina skills.
  • bulcke10
    bulcke10
    ✭✭✭
    Here ya go:

5io9950bo3t9.png

Is this a new one or is the old reduce cost reworked? The old one was like 203 reduce cost 🤔
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bulcke10 wrote: »

Is this a new one or is the old reduce cost reworked? The old one was like 203 reduce cost 🤔

There are three separate glyphs of reduce cost. The tri-stat one is new. The older ones are not affected.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cost reduction one is alright. The regeneration version is way too weak though. Not even 50% of the single stat value. That is uncommon for Prismatic enchants.

I think Indeko will not be nearly as valueable/wanted as I predicted.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here ya go:

5io9950bo3t9.png

I have a feeling I will be using the cost reduction one on my tank...
    Playing since beta...
  • Mirage131
    Mirage131
    ✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    Here ya go:

5io9950bo3t9.png

I have a feeling I will be using the cost reduction one on my tank...

I already swapped my mag recovery glyphs to the reduced cost and I like the way it feels
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be clear: Are "abilities" just skills in this context?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct.
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    How does one craft these?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does one craft these?

The Essence Runes "Indeko" can be found as a bonus reward in high level antiquity digs.

After that, it's just crafting whichever glyph you like using the additive or subtractive potency runes (in the screenshot "Repora" potency is used for the recovery glyph; "Itade" potency used for the cost reduction glyph).
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Correct.

So the cases of "all abilities" truly being all in a cost decrease are Battlefield Acrobat, the light armor counterpart (Alteration Mastery?), and the Red Diamond racial passive?

I think they also are truly all on the cost increase side at least for vampires.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct.

So the cases of "all abilities" truly being all in a cost decrease are Battlefield Acrobat, the light armor counterpart (Alteration Mastery?), and the Red Diamond racial passive?

I think they also are truly all on the cost increase side at least for vampires.

I'm not aware of a full list that's actually updated for Greymoor, @FrancisCrawford.

But you can add the Breton cost reduction passive and don't forget the regular (non-prismatic) cost reduction glyphs for health, magicka, and stamina.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Correct.

I'm not aware of a full list that's actually updated for Greymoor, @FrancisCrawford.

But you can add the Breton cost reduction passive and don't forget the regular (non-prismatic) cost reduction glyphs for health, magicka, and stamina.

Wait, @Taleof2Cities. Are you saying that, for example, a Breton with an ice staff gets a cost reduction on blocking?

My issue here is that sometimes a cost reduction on "abilities" is on skills only; sometimes it's on everything; and I'd like to know which is which. :)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 19, 2020 4:25PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you read the Breton passive details, @FrancisCrawford, it’s only for abilities.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton gives cost reduction to all abilities that cost magicka. Imperials get a cost reduction to all active abilities, including ultimates.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you read the Breton passive details, @FrancisCrawford, it’s only for abilities.

Right, @Taleof2Cities, but my whole confusion is that the word "abilities" has different meanings in different tooltips.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, @Taleof2Cities, but my whole confusion is that the word "abilities" has different meanings in different tooltips.

Lets go with the more simple definition and just say it reduces the cost of things you put on your ability bars.
    Edited by Vevvev on June 30, 2020 7:20PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Lets go with the more simple definition and just say it reduces the cost of things you put on your ability bars.

I haven't tested this, but it's widely believed that Battlefield Acrobat, Atteration Mastery and Red Diamond reduce the cost of more than just those things. Do you disagree?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

I haven't tested this, but it's widely believed that Battlefield Acrobat, Atteration Mastery and Red Diamond reduce the cost of more than just those things. Do you disagree?

I do because I have yet to see evidence of it even when I play with such passives and sets. Heck, people thought vampire increased the cost of blocking, dodge rolling, and other such actions do to its non-vampire cost increase. It didn't increase the cost of those things at all.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vevvev,

1. I just did a test at a target dummy, and Battlefield Acrobat indeed cut the cost of Roll Dodge by 6%, specifically from 2649 to 2490, as measured by Combat Metrics. I did a couple of tests, and each figure was consistent for its build.

My only change of gear or anything else was a single piece that caused the changes:

Out: Night Mother's Gaze 5-piece bonus, Divines trait (with a Thief Mundus)
    In: Battlefield Acrobat 5-piece bonus, Reinforced trait

I pinged the dummy with Arrow Barrage and/or light attacks to get its attention, dodged a couple of times, and waited until the fight was officially over to see Combat Metrics' figures.

Unless there's a flaw in my methodology, we have some strong evidence for Battlefield Acrobat affecting more than just skills.

2. I also did a second test. The character I tested on happens to be a vampire. I chugged some Corrupting Bloody Mara to raise him from Stage 1 to Stage 4, and this did NOT affect the cost of Roll Dodge.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vevvev,

1. I just did a test at a target dummy, and Battlefield Acrobat indeed cut the cost of Roll Dodge by 6%, specifically from 2649 to 2490, as measured by Combat Metrics. I did a couple of tests, and each figure was consistent for its build.

My only change of gear or anything else was a single piece that caused the changes:

Out: Night Mother's Gaze 5-piece bonus, Divines trait (with a Thief Mundus)
    In: Battlefield Acrobat 5-piece bonus, Reinforced trait

I pinged the dummy with Arrow Barrage and/or light attacks to get its attention, dodged a couple of times, and waited until the fight was officially over to see Combat Metrics' figures.

Unless there's a flaw in my methodology, we have some strong evidence for Battlefield Acrobat affecting more than just skills.

2. I also did a second test. The character I tested on happens to be a vampire. I chugged some Corrupting Bloody Mara to raise him from Stage 1 to Stage 4, and this did NOT affect the cost of Roll Dodge.

Intriguing, thanks for doing the tests and proving me wrong.
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    alteration mastery since launch was intended to reduce the cost of everything, including dodge roll, etc.

but this is ESO and there's unintentional exceptions, some of which got patched over time
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This glyph works with roll dodge, but not block? Does it reduce crouch cost?