Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crown purchase delivery Ticket ignored/forgotten? - [Solved]

jirodyne
jirodyne
Soul Shriven
Ok, here's the 'issue'. On April 16, I went onto steam and bought ESO by Preordered ESO's newest expansion which includes base game and other expansions, $60. In the same Cart, I also bought 5500 Crowns for $40. Came out to $105 total after tax. I installed the game, linked my steam to my ESO account which is already linked to my PS4 account as I bought ESO on the PS4 years ago, and then logged into the game. However, while I now owned the game, got the expansions all unlocked and 'purchased', I only had the default 500 crowns.

Talking to people in game, they said Crowns bought through Steam can take a while to show up. But after 24 hours, I made a ticket. Ticket # 200417-006030 . 14 Minutes later I got a response, a quite nice quick response. Told me they were sorry about the delay, but that it can take 24-48 hours to delievers, and that after 24 hours if they still haven't shown up, to reply back and they will look into it farther. That was on the 17th.

24 hours later, the 18th, still no Crowns, and so I replied saying it's been another 24 hours, now a total of 48 from when I bought the Crowns and game, and still no crown. I mentioned hoping this would get cleared up fast, cause I wanted to buy the 4 DLC pack for 4000 crowns being on 50% sale for 2000 crowns and was why I bought the Crowns, but the sale was only going to last 4 days from when I bought the crown, so at this point was 2 days. But I never heard back from them. I replied again, after another 24 hours, getting angry that nothing had change and no response and less than 24 hours on the sale. That was my last reply, on the 19th of April.

It's now currently April 23, it's been a full week, 7 days, since I bought the game and the Crowns, and 6 days since I submitted the original ticket and got the response from Support. And still no Crowns, and still no answers or messages from Support. This is very worrying.
Edited by jirodyne on May 2, 2020 3:37PM
  • Barakax
    Barakax
    Soul Shriven
    Got the same issue and it's "normal" according to many other "missing crowns" posts on this forum and Steam boards. Still waiting for mine 1500 crows after buying Newcomer Pack in Steam (got pet and exp scroll at once but no crowns). My ticket has "Waiting for agent" status since April 14. I contacted a local mod (ZOS_BillE) at some point and he said that my ticket is in line and i just have to wait (for how many months, i wonder).
  • jirodyne
    jirodyne
    Soul Shriven
    Probably many months, since they are so slow and can't do a basic check to see if you got crowns or not, and then manually applying them. I mean this isn't hard core coding stuff only a real professional can do. Probably takes 15 minutes at most to check through logs, payments, and verify proof we have, and then click the button to add the crowns.

Unless they's so ineffecient, that the support people don't have the tools to do anything, and need to check with marketing, then check with dev team, then back to marketting, then back to Dev team and work with them to get the right account and have them inject a code into the system to give the crowns or something convaluted.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thinking is this... When you purchased the Crowns, there was not an ESO account associated with Steam. You bought the game, then installed the game, then connected the accounts. So, where were the Crown going when you purchased them? There was no ESO account linked to Steam to put them into.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Barakax
    Barakax
    Soul Shriven
    Aye, i had a feeling that something may go wrong; so, before buying a game, i linked my Steam manually. Then bought an Elsewhere pack and Newcomer one in Steam. Now i have 2 TESO accounts (see pic): trial one, which i was playing on release back in 2014 and, also, f2p weeks recently; and a new one which was created upon steam purchase. I guess the "system" does not know what account the crowns should be added to. But i got the pet and scroll no problem.
    8mbjm97ukdc0.jpg
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jirodyne wrote: »
    Probably many months, since they are so slow and can't do a basic check to see if you got crowns or not, and then manually applying them. I mean this isn't hard core coding stuff only a real professional can do. Probably takes 15 minutes at most to check through logs, payments, and verify proof we have, and then click the button to add the crowns.

Unless they's so ineffecient, that the support people don't have the tools to do anything, and need to check with marketing, then check with dev team, then back to marketting, then back to Dev team and work with them to get the right account and have them inject a code into the system to give the crowns or something convaluted.

Considering that there's a pandemic and that many places are in lockdown and yes support is working from home, then yes they may have to resort to doing some of those steps because they can't just check their systems the way they usually do due to security setup or whatever.

I swear some people live in their own little fantasy land, must be nice.
  • jirodyne
    jirodyne
    Soul Shriven
    Barakax wrote: »
    Aye, i had a feeling that something may go wrong; so, before buying a game, i linked my Steam manually. Then bought an Elsewhere pack and Newcomer one in Steam. Now i have 2 TESO accounts (see pic): trial one, which i was playing on release back in 2014 and, also, f2p weeks recently; and a new one which was created upon steam purchase. I guess the "system" does not know what account the crowns should be added to. But i got the pet and scroll no problem.
    8mbjm97ukdc0.jpg

I didn't think to do that, cause I figured that like most other steam games, it would either create an account using Steam, or be attached to the Steam name and as soon as you created/logged into an account it would be applied retroactively by checking the Steam DLCs/Perchaces.

How was I to know I had to link an account to Steam first, before buying the game and crowns, when literally no other MMO or Account based game on Steam works that way. This is literally the only one with that kinda very specific limited issue.
    Considering that there's a pandemic and that many places are in lockdown and yes support is working from home, then yes they may have to resort to doing some of those steps because they can't just check their systems the way they usually do due to security setup or whatever.

I swear some people live in their own little fantasy land, must be nice.

I would agree, if when I created the ticket I didn't get an answer literally MINUTES later. 14 minutes to be exact. And as I pointed out, it should have been a very basic check info and then apply manual thing. It's not like it's a bug in the game itself and the Devs have to try and track it down through the code to figure out what broke and fix it or something.

With less people, and probably less access, maybe, Internet and tech has come a long way then 10 years ago. You'd think they would Prioritize doing the easy jobs as fast as possible, like just applying missing Crowns, while holding off on the more intense indepth stuff that would require patches and many dedicated hours of work to fix 1 problem for 1 person that might not even fix what original caused the issue.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the support people have connectivity into their work systems, then I don't think that the pandemic issue is because they are working from home. Yes, I would expect that they are less efficient, especially if they are used to discussing tickets in person. However, I think the real issue is that everyone else on the planet is at home and people are playing games more. More people means more problems. More problems is more tickets.

I do not know how all the Customer Support is handled. I don't know if there is a team dedicated to just ESO, or if each CS person handles a selection of games. Fallout 76 Wastelanders just came out, and that brings new players, and with new players comes more support load. ESO had a free week, and a free ESO Plus week, and that is going to bring players with customer support issues. ESO devs decided to break their game, so that adds to the support load. This could add up to quite the pile of Guar Droppings for them to sort through.

* ESO customer support is handled by Bethesda, apparently.

Edited by Elsonso on April 25, 2020 1:06AM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Barakax
    Barakax
    Soul Shriven
    My ticket has "Waiting for agent" status since April 14

Got my 1500 missing crowns. An agent replied to my ticked and added crowns just now B) So, it took only 12 days to solve the issue.
  • jirodyne
    jirodyne
    Soul Shriven
    My ticket has "Waiting for agent" status since April 14

Got my 1500 missing crowns. An agent replied to my ticked and added crowns just now B) So, it took only 12 days to solve the issue.

Still no word from mine, 6 days without contact.
  • jirodyne
    jirodyne
    Soul Shriven
    Well @ZOS_BillE It's been a week and still haven't had anyone contract my ticket or even visited and talked on here. Do you only have 1 support person working for an hour each day? I refuse to believe things should be THIS slow, just because people are working from home instead of in their home building. Especially with how simple a lot of the problems I've read in the forums seem to be. Maybe you guys need to check in on your support team and make sure they are actually doing their job, and fire them if they aren't. Or if there aren't as many, then hire more to work from home.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @jirodyne

Please check your inbox for an update on your ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • jirodyne
    jirodyne
    Soul Shriven
    Well, finally got my crowns. Now just need to wait for the DLCs to go on sale again before I can buy them and play again.