The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

New Moon Priest Motif

tmbrinks
tmbrinks
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have two accounts that have unlocked the Dragonguard Sanctum Supply Drop.

I got a motif piece from both of them today.

Curious what other people are seeing.

Did I get extremely lucky?

Is the drop chance high, so this is expected?

Is the drop guaranteed?

Since you can only get 1 a day, I would expect the drop chance to be high (or guaranteed).

Post your results as well.

(NOTE: These are NOT from Dragonguard dailies, these only drop in the Supply Chest that is by Dirge, available in the Dragonguard Sanctum AFTER you have completed 30 Dragonguard quests)
Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
61,215 achievement points
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have one account and got New Moon Priest boots. Not sure it is a guaranteed daily drop, but 3 accounts out of 3 is good.
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I have one account and got New Moon Priest boots. Not sure it is a guaranteed daily drop, but 3 accounts out of 3 is good.

I got one motif on my PS4 account but got nothing on my PC account. I did open the Dragonguard chest before 10am on PC, I wonder if that was the difference. I only say that because ZOS seems to like to launch every new thing at 10am eastern.

*edit- I just read the announcement. It doesn't say whether the drop is guaranteed. I did miss the drop on PC because I did my dailies too early.
    Edited by Slyjinxy on April 22, 2020 3:59PM
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

(NOTE: These are NOT from Dragonguard dailies, these only drop in the Supply Chest that is by Dirge, available in the Dragonguard Sanctum AFTER you have completed 30 Dragonguard quests)

Im confused, dont you get the supply chest from the dailies..?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After you do a total of 30 dailies the chest appears.
    Edited by majulook on April 22, 2020 3:57PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this came out on the test server, I got a motif 6 days in a row. Which would be uncharacteristically good rng if they aren't guaranteed. I theorized that they made it guaranteed to balance the fact that you can only open the chest once a day per account. Or if not 100% guaranteed, they increased the odds drastically vs other daily-dropped motifs.
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

Jeez, ive probably done hundreds of dg dailies and never knew this chest existed. What have i been missing? Has the chest been here this whole time?
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭

Jeez, ive probably done hundreds of dg dailies and never knew this chest existed. What have i been missing? Has the chest been here this whole time?

Yes, they even added a "glow" to it to make it easier to see. It's right in front of the table you get quests from Dirge from.
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    Slyjinxy wrote: »

Yes, they even added a "glow" to it to make it easier to see. It's right in front of the table you get quests from Dirge from.

Before the motif, was it worthwhile the pick up or i didnt miss much?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slyjinxy wrote: »

Before the motif, was it worthwhile the pick up or i didnt miss much?

It would drop some of the dragon ingredients (Blood, Bile, Rheum)

You also got either a heavy sack, backpack, etc (similar to what drops from the dragons)

It was basically a free "dragon kill" each day

Until today, when it now can drop these new motifs
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Lotus781
    Lotus781
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who has time todo 30 dailys?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lotus781 wrote: »

The dailies have been going on since ... well ... the end of last October when Dragonhold dropped.

If you haven't had time to do 30 dailies between October and April that's exclusively on you ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 22, 2020 5:43PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The story quests count as well. You can do 2 quests a day as well. Doesn't really take that long.
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I start today and do two Dailies, can I open that chest in 2 weeks? Or is it 30 days if dailies, no matter how many? (I suppose its the island dailies, not plain Southern Elsweyr?)
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll be able to open it before then. There's like 8 or 9 story quests that count towards it as well.

Yes, it's the dailies given in the Dragonguard Sanctum. One is a Dragon Daily, the other an overland daily that will send you to a different zone.

If you have a friend, they can share their overland daily with you, so you can get it done even quicker
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not get one today.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭

The dailies have been going on since ... well ... the end of last October when Dragonhold dropped.

If you haven't had time to do 30 dailies between October and April that's exclusively on you ...
    My main toon has 30 dailies done, i wonder how long it would take/if itd be worth it to do on another toon to collect motifs there. Also, this way to collecting motifs is very interesting, hasnt been done before iirc, I wonder why they did it this way. Basically once you have a full set its going to be free gold every day... maybe in a year theyll be worthless
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, I got one yesterday, but not today; maybe I was just lucky yesterday, we'll see in the next few days.
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is not 100% guaranteed or there is a hidden 20 hour timer before one will drop.

I'm extremely disappointed in this design.
    (Math before coffee, except after 3, is not for me)
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    it is not 100% guaranteed or there is a hidden 20 hour timer before one will drop.

I'm extremely disappointed in this design.
    I never opened mine yet because everyone in tideholm were saying they never got one, so im waiting for 24 hours from my last to open it now
  • brandyvicious
    brandyvicious
    ✭✭✭
    Between my husband and I, we raided the chest on 7 accounts yesterday and got 7 motifs. Today, he opened the chest on one account and did not get a motif. This happened well before a 20 hour POSSIBLE cooldown period. So we will not be opening anymore until after at least 20 hours from the last ones to test if it might be a cooldown.
    PS5/NA: brandyvicious-
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My main toon has 30 dailies done, i wonder how long it would take/if itd be worth it to do on another toon to collect motifs there. Also, this way to collecting motifs is very interesting, hasnt been done before iirc, I wonder why they did it this way. Basically once you have a full set its going to be free gold every day... maybe in a year theyll be worthless

Don't bother with another character. The chest is limited to once per account per day.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 2 Update:

I went 2/2 on day 2 as well... I did open them between 20 and 24 hours after I opened my first ones.
  • bazanar
    bazanar
    Day 2 Update:

I went 2/2 on day 2 as well... I did open them between 20 and 24 hours after I opened my first ones.

tnx. can someone else corroborate that. Today morning i tried before the cooldown ended and got nothing. Hopefully is a guaranteed drop but with a cooldown. Also this morning everyone that was checking did not receive one.
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭

Don't bother with another character. The chest is limited to once per account per day.
    Between my husband and I, we raided the chest on 7 accounts yesterday and got 7 motifs. Today, he opened the chest on one account and did not get a motif. This happened well before a 20 hour POSSIBLE cooldown period. So we will not be opening anymore until after at least 20 hours from the last ones to test if it might be a cooldown.

Did you mean account as in different username/pass or different toon? Trying to confirm if its 1 per account
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you mean account as in different username/pass or different toon? Trying to confirm if its 1 per account

different username/password.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish ZOS would put a little more random into the RNG. Got gloves on day one, and got gloves on day two. It's not just this, it's all drops that use the (un)RNG system in this game.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I wish ZOS would put a little more random into the RNG. Got gloves on day one, and got gloves on day two. It's not just this, it's all drops that use the (un)RNG system in this game.

But, "Write code to not give me gloves because you gave me gloves yesterday," is the exact opposite of randomness. You are manipulating the results to be less random. It is like saying, "Don't draw me another 2 from that deck of cards, I just got a 2." If a million people open that chest and there are 14 motif pages, about 71,428 players are going to get the same motif as the prior day. This is not some 1 in a million outlier to get same motif page two days in a row.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »

But, "Write code to not give me gloves because you gave me gloves yesterday," is the exact opposite of randomness. You are manipulating the results to be less random. It is like saying, "Don't draw me another 2 from that deck of cards, I just got a 2." If a million people open that chest and there are 14 motif pages, about 71,428 players are going to get the same motif as the prior day. This is not some 1 in a million outlier to get same motif page two days in a row.

If this kind of stuff happened once in awhile, you'd be right. But it's not just once in awhile thing. I've opened thieves troves to find 2 of the same treasure map, this happened a lot. Another example are the fragments you get from the provy writs for the XP potion. I have 15-20 of all fragment except #2, and everybody that still hangs on to these has their own rare page. The RNG in this game is not random, it is biased. I suppose it is biased in order to add to the grind.

Forgot to mention the crafting success to upgrade items while at anything other then 100%. It's not RNG but it is ZOS math. Any chance that is not 100% is at best 50%. Why even say you have an 80% chance of success when it's not even close to that.
    Edited by Ackwalan on April 23, 2020 8:33PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 3:

2/2 again today. Again opened between 20-24 hours after last time.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have one account and I'm 2 for 3. I received one the first day nothing yesterday and one today. Both motifs I've received have been for staves. I wasn't paying attention to time between checking the chest so don't know if any were under or over a 20/24 hour timer. I wouldn't put it past ZOS however to do something like this given their history.