The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Get Free DLC Access, Craft Bag, and more with the ESO Plus Trial"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
cdd3a5fd8c20a6c8a7c2bc41eee36cfe.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for the "Get Free DLC Access, Craft Bag, and more with the ESO Plus Trial" blog article.

Enjoy the benefits of ESO Plus™ membership (including full access to all DLC game packs) free for a limited time from now until April 27.
Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on June 9, 2020 8:31PM
Staff Post
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't these events used to give crown packs to subscribed members that logged in? Does that not still happen?
    Edit: One cool thing about these events - getting to do DLC dungeons with my friends that aren't subscribed.
    Edited by mav1234 on April 20, 2020 3:08PM
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    Didn't these events used to give crown packs to subscribed members that logged in? Does that not still happen?

no
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »

no

:(

found one of the links: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26283

used to be nice to get the free crates.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fix pvp lag and balance
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those tiny statues we get are useless if our houses don't have the furnishing space to hold them, even with ESO+.
    Also since they are themed around religion, most players only want to have the statues of their favorites and don't care about 90% of the others.

Something definitely needs to change about the ESO+ rewards, especially if people aren't getting any sort of compensation anymore for being an ESO+ subscriber during or before and ESO+ free trial.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    i mean the option to un-sub is always there
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    I miss those times when ESO+ members were getting some extra for their sub...
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, crown crates were nice for the subscribers.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=100&width=700&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F000%2F157%2Fitsatrap.jpg
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: One cool thing about these events - getting to do DLC dungeons with my friends that aren't subscribed.

Not anymore.

In a thread titled "No free crates for ESO+ members during the next trial period" https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5594595#Comment_5594595
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Our goal is to provide our ESO Plus members with valuable benefits and exclusive offers on a more consistent cadence every month, instead of a few bonus rewards every once in a while.

In addition to the original ESO Plus membership benefits such as full DLC access and the Craft Bag, on November 13 we will launch additional monthly improvements to our ESO Plus membership. These new benefits - available only to paid ESO Plus members - include exclusive Crown Store items and deals, free in-game collectibles, and an increase to the monthly Crown stipend. If you haven't yet, you can learn more about them here.
    [
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting that clip from history.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately no, they used the excuse of the mini statues to no longer give them away.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »

We get free Crowns (they actually increased the amount when they dropped the free crates), which can in turn be used for crates if it`s what you are after. Personally I generally save them in case there's a specific item that catches my attention. So in a way, it's even better - I get to choose what freebies I get with my subscription.
    Edited by RMerlin on April 20, 2020 6:41PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »

We get free Crowns (they actually increased the amount when they dropped the free crates), which can in turn be used for crates if it`s what you are after. Personally I generally save them in case there's a specific item that catches my attention. So in a way, it's even better - I get to choose what freebies I get with my subscription.

There are no free crowns. Crowns are part of what you are paying for.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    RMerlin wrote: »

There are no free crowns. Crowns are part of what you are paying for.

You know very well what I'm referring to - the fact that you get Crowns as part of your subscription, and you don't need to buy them, so you can get items of your own choosing from the Crown store (including the crates people were complaining about). No need to play on semantics here, that is not what people were discussing in this thread.
    Edited by RMerlin on April 21, 2020 6:08AM
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    I notice that all posts in this thread are from players already subscribed to ESO Plus. I'm not an ESO Plus subscriber, but thought that I'd try the trial. I wish I hadn't.

Within a minute of starting I get a notification, "All crafting materials stored in your bank and inventory have been transferred to your craft bag" 'WITHOUT ASKING' :(
    When I went to my bank, which I had just upgraded to 200, it was empty with a capacity of 400. :(
    So I went to the 'craft bag' (which it stated could be FREELY withdrawn and deposited) and spent 20 minutes retrieving stuff to my inventory and re-depositing them in the bank the way I wanted (I only wanted Provisioning/Alchemy in the craft bag. But multiple times, after a few minutes, they all got put back in the bag again. :(:(
    And this is for ALL characters' different levels, so the craft bag is a confusing mess

This is a joke! Who decides what goes in the craft bag, the player or Zenimax? And why not 'ASK FIRST' before moving ALL?

After the trial I dread to think where the bag contents will be moved to. Will the correct level characters get their items back?

I've already bought all DLC, so needless to say I won't be subscribing to ESO Plus.

Thank you, and stay safe.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikkadir wrote: »
    I notice that all posts in this thread are from players already subscribed to ESO Plus. I'm not an ESO Plus subscriber, but thought that I'd try the trial. I wish I hadn't.

Within a minute of starting I get a notification, "All crafting materials stored in your bank and inventory have been transferred to your craft bag" 'WITHOUT ASKING' :(
    When I went to my bank, which I had just upgraded to 200, it was empty with a capacity of 400. :(
    So I went to the 'craft bag' (which it stated could be FREELY withdrawn and deposited) and spent 20 minutes retrieving stuff to my inventory and re-depositing them in the bank the way I wanted (I only wanted Provisioning/Alchemy in the craft bag. But multiple times, after a few minutes, they all got put back in the bag again. :(:(
    And this is for ALL characters' different levels, so the craft bag is a confusing mess

This is a joke! Who decides what goes in the craft bag, the player or Zenimax? And why not 'ASK FIRST' before moving ALL?

After the trial I dread to think where the bag contents will be moved to. Will the correct level characters get their items back?

I've already bought all DLC, so needless to say I won't be subscribing to ESO Plus.

After the trial ends, everything stays in the crafting bag unless you withdraw it. Crafting or writs will withdraw from the crafting bag first, so any new mats will begin collecting in your inventory again.

Given that all characters have access to the crafting bag, why does it matter that characters are holding different materials? Role-playing?

For what it's worth, I don't subscribe, and I use the free trials to stock up my crafting bag with all the mats I need for crafting writs for the year. Its much more convenient to stockpile mats in the bag than in the bank, leaving my bank and inventories free for my hoarding problem important things like gear and event rewards.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Craft Bag is love, the Craft Bag is life.

Having all your materials in the bag is awesome. They're all directly usable when crafting so you don't have to do anything. You only specifically extract materials from the bag when you want to mail them or trade them or whatever. Otherwise, every time you craft they're there, for all your characters. It couldn't be any easier. I genuinely can't think of a genuine reason to dislike the Craft Bag.

When the trial ends your mats are accessible, you just can't add anything to the bag.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As those before me have said, unless you have some RP-type reason for wanting mats in your characters' inventories, you're functionally better off with the mats in the craft bag. All of your characters will be able to use those mats for crafting, and you don't have to devote inventory or bank space to holding all that stuff.

However, if you're adamant about having mats in your characters' inventories and bank, there is a setting where you can turn off automatically moving mats to the craft bag.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You seem to think you might lose mats. You won't. Everything stays in the crafting bag until used/taken out. When sub ends, all characters will still have access to what is left in the bag.

New mats will go to inventory. Mats in your inventory will not be used for crafting if there are the same mats in the crafting that can be used first.

Bag might not be good for OCD where people feel like they have to impose organizational rules for the sake of having rules. Craft bag is not confusing at all. Everything is in there and can be used as needed from the bag automatically. What is confusing is spread your mats around based on character levels when character levels aren't static and character A can't access the mats in the inventory of character B. Everyone can access everything in crafting bag.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The crafting bag is definitely the best feature of ESO Plus. As mentioned, everything will be fine once your trial expires, you will have actually gained a lot of bank space, thanks to everything that was moved to that bag during the trial, and will stay there (and remain usable).

This is something that might possibly need to be more clearly explained for people who get the free ESO Plus trial (or people who decide not to renew their ESO Plus subscription at one point), as it can indeed be confusing, even scary if you don't know the details.
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    However, if you're adamant about having mats in your characters' inventories and bank, there is a setting where you can turn off automatically moving mats to the craft bag.
    Thanks for all the replies, guys, I understand what you're saying.

And thanks a bunch, Ilsabet, I found the setting in 'Gameplay'. I'll give it a try.

Cheers
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies, guys, I understand what you're saying.

And thanks a bunch, Ilsabet, I found the setting in 'Gameplay'. I'll give it a try.

Cheers

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN BOTHER????
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523