Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Buff other spammable skills dizzy swing is virtually the only viable spammable

Shadowasrial
Shadowasrial
✭✭✭✭✭
You know the saying if 99% of the population is using one skill it’s probably either over performing or all other skills are under performing. Right now I swear every single stamina class (myself excluded because I really don’t want to be forced to use 2 hand as my front bar) is using dizzy swing. And they are of course spamming it as it’s supposed to be. Most of the time I see 3-4 dizzy swings on my death recap followed by 1-2 executioners. My point though is I’m not seeing any other skills weaved in. Not seeing light attacks or heavy attacks. Not seeing any dots or other class abilities. I’m only seeing dizzy dizzy dizzy until execute is in range.

Now that’s not saying dizzy swing is overpowered it’s quite easy to counter: however with the exception of Templar jabs and necro blast bones there are virtually no other class spammables that apply as much pressure as d swing. Same thing with other weapon skill lines too. Maybe you could make dw rapid strikes like Templar jabs in a cone. Surprise attack gets fracture back and a snare. Stam sorc could get a chain ability maybe a gust of wind blows target closer to you etc

Not much in the way of skill diversity in pvp atm. However when I fight mag classes I’m seeing a very diverse amount of skills landing on me. So clearly stam is lacking other viable spammable skills.
Edited by Shadowasrial on April 10, 2020 3:01PM
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its wonderful when working.
    But now i change it to stampede since dizzy difficult to use in lagging condition.
    Options
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB uses surprise attack, templar jabbs.
    Warden birds are utter trash, dk poop rock is clunky and weird due to cast time, necro skulls are okay but then you wouldn't have a stun. So tell me what should those classes use instead of dizzy.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dizzy is fine and is easily avoidable, but I do agree other spammables need a buff. Unfortunately for stamina sorc it’s the only option they have.
    Options
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden birds are utter trash, dk poop rock is clunky and weird due to cast time, necro skulls are okay but then you wouldn't have a stun. So tell me what should those classes use instead of dizzy.
    As a nb I can honestly say surprise attack is weak compared to dizzy swing. But that’s my point is the class spammable aside from Templar jabs( which is also overtuned) needs buffs
    Options
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s also not forget the other weapon trees. Dw sword and board and bow (snipe glitch excluded) none are particularly damaging or apply as much pressure as dizzy does. Even steel tornado only really works when in execute range
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a nb I can honestly say surprise attack is weak compared to dizzy swing. But that’s my point is the class spammable aside from Templar jabs( which is also overtuned) needs buffs

Agree, tbh apart from cloak my skill bars are now full of guild and weapon skills because NB skills are weaker.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    99% ? Interresting statistics.
    Options
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    99% ? Interresting statistics.
    It’s a saying not an actual percent
    Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even use it, but just nope...

A lot of people use it hence why it easy to learn to counter. Walk through them when their hands go down...
    It will change your life and make the forums a better place :smiley:

I'm hoping ZOS will announce they are nerfing nerf threads in the next patch notes :lol:
    Options
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    i love dizzy have no issues with everryone using it
    Options
  • MachineGod
    MachineGod
    ✭✭✭
    Most good players weave in LA's so your probably fighting bad players. Dizzy is fine how it is.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If "everyone" uses it then "everyone" is equal. lmao
    Options
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It already was nerfed it doesn’t need anymore. If you’re getting killed by a golf swing that’s on you.

Pointless Nerfs are what homogenized how we fight in PvP today. Smh

Maybe if those people would actually post constructive things to learn....we would be in a better place. That is how it use to be at least some what.

With how the current games performance is, I am truly surprised someone would even ask for a nerf. It is almost as if they are not even playing the game. :o
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on April 9, 2020 3:40PM
    Options
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of people use it hence why it easy to learn to counter. Walk through them when their hands go down...

I'm hoping ZOS will announce they are nerfing nerf threads in the next patch notes :lol:

I have no issue dodging it however Im just stating that all the other spammable skills don’t feel nearly as strong as dizzy. Hence why I said they need to buff the other skills. I see almost every melee stam build using it instead of class skills
    Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have no issue dodging it however Im just stating that all the other spammable skills don’t feel nearly as strong as dizzy. Hence why I said they need to buff the other skills. I see almost every melee stam build using it instead of class skills

I think it isn't the spammable, but the skill line itself that is overloaded. You have rally which has major brutality without a target, minor endurance and a heal!!!
    I would like to see the other melee skill lines to be brought up to all encompassing utility of 2H.

No nerfs though... I would rather it stay exactly the same than get nerfed.

Options
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy Swing - Try and land it in Cyrodill atm.

All you get it part of the animation - Swapped it out for Crit Charge, at least it lands
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dizzy is pretty tame compared to what it used to be but I do agree other spammables need buffed, Specially NB surprise attack which should have fracture put back on it.
    Options
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »
    Dizzy Swing - Try and land it in Cyrodill atm.

All you get it part of the animation - Swapped it out for Crit Charge, at least it lands
    Hit them with a cc or snare and you will keep them snared with dizzy swing
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure jab is better
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the direct result of the massive damage nerf to Ransack and Heroic Slash, and the removal of Defile from Reverberating Bash.

There is nothing else to discuss or contemplate on this matter until those nerfs are undone.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually there is one more thing to contemplate. Pursuant to Western RPG tradition:

Mages: diverse set of skills, narrow set of equipment

Fighters: narrow set of skills, diverse set of equipment
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know the saying if 99% of the population is using one skill it’s probably either over performing or all other skills are under performing. Right now I swear every single stamina class (myself excluded because I really don’t want to be forced to use 2 hand as my front bar) is using dizzy swing. And they are of course spamming it as it’s supposed to be. Most of the time I see 3-4 dizzy swings on my death recap followed by 1-2 executioners. My point though is I’m not seeing any other skills weaved in. Not seeing light attacks or heavy attacks. Not seeing any dots or other class abilities. I’m only seeing dizzy dizzy dizzy until execute is in range.

Not much in the way of skill diversity in pvp atm. However when I fight mag classes I’m seeing a very diverse amount of skills landing on me. So clearly stam is lacking other viable spammable skills.

[snip] WHY is it always asking for nerfs? Why not as for buffs? Or a new weapon skill line? Or skill? Zos ruins this game with nerfs over and over.

But to answer you, people use dswing because they want burst and there is little else to turn too. I main stam sorc, stamcro, and stamplar. Dswing is good on all of them but I mainly run it on my stamsorc because there is pretty much no other option. There are few burst damage skills like dswing, and when it comes to stam sorc you have none.

Plus the lag is so bad that dswing is almost unusable on xbox. I have a 4-7 second cast time on my dswing in the 30 day camp. Its unreal and since zos is unable to fix performance they really should take it into account when balancing skills.

Also, you shouldn't be dying to someone spamming dswing. Walk through them, use speed to kite around out of range, cloak it, streak it, gap close to someone else, dodge roll it, block it, stun them, I mean the counters are endless.

[edited for non-constructive/baiting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on April 9, 2020 8:57PM
    Options
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW needs buff. Chiefly rapid stikes, it needs to be a valid option to use that can stand up aginst dizzy swing.
    Options
  • scottii
    scottii
    ✭✭✭
    here we go again.

btw, nerf sorc streak.
    Praying the Daedric Gods will make Cyrodiil great again.
    Options
  • sniperfire03
    If their spamming dizzy they are using it wrong. I have it on my bar for the off balance and stun but I use surprise attack as my spammable
    Options
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, other spam-able abilities need a slight buff. For example, if they axed the inexplicable cast time on Stone Fist then you may suddenly see more diversity in Dragonknight builds.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
    Options
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    D swing is the sole reason I'm in heavy armor this patch. This is the first patch even. I pvp in heavy armor
    Options
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    with such high healing this patch, burst is the most important thing right now. No other skill gives the same amount of burst with off balance 10% extra damage and a consecutive stun. D swing is the benchmark and other skill lines should be brought into line.
    Jabs is fine, Surprise attack needs the fracture given back to it and maybe set enemies off balance after consecutive hits. Dk rocks need the mag morph made into a hard hitting stam spammable without the stagger. Necro sculls needs a damage buff or something else. Sorcs, well, they need a stam spammable, maybe a stam morph of frags. Warden birds are ok considering the damage they get elsewhere.
    Make flying dagger great again. Buff deep slash, replace arrow spray with something better or maybe buff magnum shot.
    And for f%*# sake fix snipe desyncs
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing against dizzying swingers every day and I find it alright. Other spammables however... terrible. And with that I mean mainly magicka spammables like force shock, skulls and elemental weapons. But of course also any other stamina spammable. I consider it one of the reasons why stamina, 2 handers specifically, are almost everything we see in pvp these days.

Everything else has not enough damage to compete. They must not have the same damage, but maybe 15-20% more damage than now. Dizzying Swing is quite telegraphed and should be more impactful for that reason. So the answer to your question, is that everything else is merely underperforming, by alot.
    Edited by Dracane on April 10, 2020 1:58AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If their spamming dizzy they are using it wrong. I have it on my bar for the off balance and stun but I use surprise attack as my spammable

If you have 2 spammables slotted you're doing it wrong.
    Options