The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

All the games being delayed...

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the fixes are being delayed. While the game may not be delayed, improvements to servers are. :P
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    SmukkeHeks wrote: »
    But with the missing patch Monday, something is going on. They have plenty of cleanup to do, but somehow they haven’t figured it out yet. No communication on why. No communication on the Eu server.

We are close to Greymoor dropping on PTS. Patches to the Live game slows at this point in the Update cycle. Likely, the only Live fixes they are working on are ability desyncs and lag.
    TheFM wrote: »
    Have you ever spent the time to read there TOS lol what you see is what you get

They do not trump European laws on a functioning product.

Be careful what you wish for.

All that said, ZOS needs to go back to the drawing board on the minigames and reimagine what they are going to be doing with the game, going forward. If they can hide that in a "corona virus delay" then, I have no problems with a delay.

They still have plenty of issues to work through before they put another layer in. As we know now, the pts cycle aren’t showing issues. With that in mind, it would be rational, as in logical, to fix what’s broken and then take care of new issues on launch.

But we are past that now. It’s a choice. Like it’s a choice when they dances on the lines of countries laws on marketing, agreement laws and consumer protection laws.
    Options
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure hope it isn't released. The buggy mess we currently have is really bad. Skills don't work, block doesn't always work, group finder still messed up, disconnects for no reason, loading screens while standing still doing nothing and kicking players to the login screen. Way too many bugs in this game atm.

If the Crown Store had an option to buy a patch to fix this mess sales would go through the roof.

So no, I hope it is not released. Fix this mess first.
    Options
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is zos, it was going to be released only half completed anyways, just now when they sell you the other half a few months later like elsweyr they will have an excuse
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But with the missing patch Monday, something is going on. They have plenty of cleanup to do, but somehow they haven’t figured it out yet. No communication on why. No communication on the Eu server.

We are close to Greymoor dropping on PTS. Patches to the Live game slows at this point in the Update cycle. Likely, the only Live fixes they are working on are ability desyncs and lag.

All that said, ZOS needs to go back to the drawing board on the minigames and reimagine what they are going to be doing with the game, going forward. If they can hide that in a "corona virus delay" then, I have no problems with a delay.

They still have plenty of issues to work through before they put another layer in. As we know now, the pts cycle aren’t showing issues. With that in mind, it would be rational, as in logical, to fix what’s broken and then take care of new issues on launch.

But we are past that now. It’s a choice. Like it’s a choice when they dances on the lines of countries laws on marketing, agreement laws and consumer protection laws.

The way that ZOS seems to work is that, as they get closer to PTS and Launch, fixes go into the next Update rather than the current version. This is probably an efficiency in both development and testing. Still, they do make exceptions for fixes to game breaking things, when they have fixes for game breaking things that can be applied to the current version.

I am fairly confident that they have not yet decided to just ignore the ability desyncs. The more pressing concern is what it is going to take to fix this. If it is a minor change to something they have done, then as soon as they can test a fix, they will roll it out to Live. If it is a major change or redesign, then it might have to wait until the next major update.

On top of all of this is the unforgiving schedule. Products must release on time because so many different groups, even other companies, are all working towards the same target dates. Changing the dates does not just look bad to management, but it can have far reaching impacts down the calendar.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New World has one huuuuuuuge issue. Many aren’t supporting Amazon. They could throw it at me for free and I wouldn’t play anyway.

Don’t think they’ll delay launch. They have a product lifecycle to take into consideration, if this isn’t the last chapter, the next are in process.

And I’m noticing a housing community that’s also beginning to rise in protest. Then you know they have messed up, when they can’t even fiddle with their own homes

Or, get this, it's Easter. They may not drop anything because they will only have like two days to work on it if anything goes royally fubar so plenty of online games with weekly maintenances gets nothing this week as par for the course. Nothing extraordinary, just regular holiday process.

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New World has one huuuuuuuge issue. Many aren’t supporting Amazon. They could throw it at me for free and I wouldn’t play anyway.

Don’t think they’ll delay launch. They have a product lifecycle to take into consideration, if this isn’t the last chapter, the next are in process.

And I’m noticing a housing community that’s also beginning to rise in protest. Then you know they have messed up, when they can’t even fiddle with their own homes

Or, get this, it's Easter. They may not drop anything because they will only have like two days to work on it if anything goes royally fubar so plenty of online games with weekly maintenances gets nothing this week as par for the course. Nothing extraordinary, just regular holiday process.

Easter is next week. (It will make no difference this week and would not change a Monday patch)
    Edited by Elsonso on April 4, 2020 2:40PM
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bethsheba wrote: »
    bluebird wrote: »
    I hope they delay it, then rethink and completely remove or at least reskin the terrible mobile minigames.
    I was hyped for the Greymoor previews, the vamp revamp, Western Skyrim's zone, until... they showed... this.
    excavation.png
    scrying.png
    Do we really want ESO, and ESO 'Skyrim' Greymoor to be known for this kind of nonsense? Terrible non-immersive flashy minigames that look like a lazy mobile game port? With Mythic items locked behind this new kind of mindnumbing eyesore of a grind, this is honestly a new low. At least the Psijic Skill grind - boring and repetitive though it may have been - was immersive mechanics-wise (travel, look at the pretty scenery and interact with portals) and made sense lore-wise.

But this? Please... So yeah, I'm hoping a little delay would help the Antiquities system, one of the major features of the Chapter, to avoid launching like this complete joke/disaster.

These are pretty much the same bull *** world quests like you get in WoW bfa tortollen quests. Everyone hates it it’s pointless content

This is what happens when a corporation has ZERO connection to their customers, ie the player base. All they look at is a. What has competition done? B. How hard is it to develop? C. How profitable is it? (Though I likely have the order reversed in @ZOS case)

If they would tighten their belts, put off new content for 6 months and put all development and testing resources into Fixing. The. Game. They would wind up gaining AND retaining new players as word gets out about their commitment to players AND would bring back and retain existing players. In the end they would make more bank.

I'm sorry, but this is just non-sensical. Staff who create content are not the same people who would do your 'development and fixing'. So you would effectively be laying off these people. You would lose not only them, because as the creatives on the 'MMO of the year' they will be guaranteed actual paying jobs by all of ZOS's competitors, but you would also lose a gaming generation of institutional knowledge of Elder Scrolls and six months' worth of product revenue. Not to mention the vast number of players who would leave, immediately perceiving your notion as the confirmation of a 'dead' and 'broken' game.

Additionally, who knows if six months of work 'fixing' the game will even satisfy the current grumblers.Who knows if it will satisfy you. What if it doesn't? Do ZOS put everything on hold for another six months? If we listen to the grumblers, there's zero guarantee they'll even still be there however long or short the process is.

ZOS's policy of continuing to develop content while 'fixing' the game is the only realistic solution for an active multiplayer game that is actually running. Maybe they could develop the solutions faster, maybe this is just the maximum speed with which solutions can be generated.

As for making a profit, isn't that what we all actually want ZOS to do? We certainly don't want the game to be loss making, because that really is a death knell. And there's nothing wrong in my opinion of a company producing a product I like making a profit out of it.

Finally, if ZOS really are as out of touch as you suggest, why on earth are they getting so much fan appreciation for the ideas they have about Skyrim?
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I hope they delay it, then rethink and completely remove or at least reskin the terrible mobile minigames.
    I was hyped for the Greymoor previews, the vamp revamp, Western Skyrim's zone, until... they showed... this.
    excavation.png
    scrying.png
    Do we really want ESO, and ESO 'Skyrim' Greymoor to be known for this kind of nonsense? Terrible non-immersive flashy minigames that look like a lazy mobile game port? With Mythic items locked behind this new kind of mindnumbing eyesore of a grind, this is honestly a new low. At least the Psijic Skill grind - boring and repetitive though it may have been - was immersive mechanics-wise (travel, look at the pretty scenery and interact with portals) and made sense lore-wise.

But this? Please... So yeah, I'm hoping a little delay would help the Antiquities system, one of the major features of the Chapter, to avoid launching like this complete joke/disaster.
    These are pretty much the same bull *** world quests like you get in WoW bfa tortollen quests. Everyone hates it it’s pointless content
    It's far worse than WoW. 1 out of 10 Legion reputations required minigames (Kirin Tor), and only 2 out of 10 BfA reputations (Tortollan, Nazjatar chests). In some cases, even these minigames don't take you out of the game, but still involve your character and controlling ingame movements and actions (e.g. follow the lit path to open the box, reach a goal with your character with a dash ability). Apart from those few cases, this had no role in the rest of the game whatsoever.

But in ESO we're talking about locking a whole new Chapter feature (Mythic items) behind non-immersive mini-games. That's like WoW making players get legendaries (a main feature of the Legion expansion) by playing JewelCraft or Blingtron's Circuit only. But with Scrying and Excavation playing such huge roles and gating off a lot of loot, both minigames are immersion-breaking, both have really intrusive flashy mobile game UIs (compare it to Lockpicking). Instead of a class, crafting profession or skill line like in previous Chapters, we get skill line passives for improving our minigame performance in these 2 minigames which will play a huge role in Greymoor as the only new added feature.

So the relative magnitude of the issue, and the impact it will have on the game and the new features (or lack thereof) makes these minigames far far worse in ESO than in WoW. They should have kept this minigame idea in Elder Scrolls Blades or some other mobile game which the majority of ESO fans have zero interest in, since most players have zero interest in seeing it being added to their MMO. The devs should really reflect on this decision before they push this to live.
    Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If they were to pull it from the european market they would lose the majority of their playerbase , since the PC market is much larger in Europe, and the PC EU server is far more populated than the NA servers.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they were to pull it from the european market they would lose the majority of their playerbase , since the PC market is much larger in Europe, and the PC EU server is far more populated than the NA servers.

I was not talking about ESO.
    Options