The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All the games being delayed...

Saelent
Saelent
✭✭✭✭✭
Think there is a chance that Greymoor might get delayed?

I hope not.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it never gets released, its only money first and performance last...
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubtful. They probably start working on the next chapters before the previous one is released. Get one in the hatch, start laying the ground work for the next. They've been pretty consistent.

But while companies like CDProject Red and others delay games to get them right, the same can't necessarily be said for ZOS. <_<
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saelent wrote: »
    Think there is a chance that Greymoor might get delayed?

I hope not.

Knowing ZoS they have them working from home grinding it out. But I would take a performance improvement over a new chapter to be fair.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope so. Then maybe they can work on performance a little more. Or better yet UPGRADE THEIR SERVER HARDWARE.
  • Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭
    I truly hope it's delayed. This game needs at least some sort of actual performance update, bug fixes, and group finder fixed. Not spending a dime on this game until then.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solace1981 wrote: »
    I truly hope it's delayed. This game needs at least some sort of actual performance update, bug fixes, and group finder fixed. Not spending a dime on this game until then.

If it were delayed, it would not be to spend any more time on that. It would be due to it just taking longer to deliver what they have already.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is one of last games left getting regular good support. It seems unlikely to go the way of the modern game industry, but if it does then I’ll only gave old games left to play. Anything 2015 and earlier. Modern gaming has replaced classical gaming around then. The people making games and people playing them are so radically different it’s like night and day. Old gaming tried to be creative and smart. New gaming is glitchy half complete grind fest live services that are more like a second job and make Korean grind mmo’s look casual or they are just gambling gacha games.

To put it shortly. Old gaming liked to make and play video games. New game makers almost seem to loathe people who play games and even the players don’t like old style games.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    physical edition might get delayed, since there is actual manufacture involved. unless its already all manufactured in advance which IS a possibility. for a lot of the single player games, part of the problem is that they are still working with discs, especially for consoles, so they have to leave printing of the disk until the last moment, to minimize day one patching. with ESO - the game gets updated digitally whether you buy expansion or don't - and you just get a code to unlock the zone etc with. even with physical editions. so if they had them ready in advance, while the game is still being worked on? then we may not get any delays. but if physical goodies still need to be shipped from manufacturer? I guess we will find out soon enough.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    I hope so. Then maybe they can work on performance a little more. Or better yet UPGRADE THEIR SERVER HARDWARE.

How can they do that with what’s going on though?
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they delay it, New World is gonna eat the players
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd imagine configuring everything at hq, sending it to EU datacenter per mail, mail is still working, allow on site technicians to install, profit.
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd imagine configuring everything at hq, sending it to EU datacenter per mail, mail is still working, allow on site technicians to install, profit.

That depends if the data centre has suitable trained personnel and if they even have tech personnel on site to put the hardware in place, there is no guarantee.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you ever spent the time to read there TOS lol what you see is what you get
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That depends if the data centre has suitable trained personnel and if they even have tech personnel on site to put the hardware in place, there is no guarantee.

i would imagine that the data center has people there around the clock, even now. ZOS likely leases floor space in a larger data center, shared with other companies. All those machines need to be kept running.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine launching content for a broken game, it should be delayed until we can play.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they delay it, then rethink and completely remove or at least reskin the terrible mobile minigames.
    I was hyped for the Greymoor previews, the vamp revamp, Western Skyrim's zone, until... they showed... this.
    excavation.png
    scrying.png
    Do we really want ESO, and ESO 'Skyrim' Greymoor to be known for this kind of nonsense? Terrible non-immersive flashy minigames that look like a lazy mobile game port? With Mythic items locked behind this new kind of mindnumbing eyesore of a grind, this is honestly a new low. At least the Psijic Skill grind - boring and repetitive though it may have been - was immersive mechanics-wise (travel, look at the pretty scenery and interact with portals) and made sense lore-wise.

But this? Please... So yeah, I'm hoping a little delay would help the Antiquities system, one of the major features of the Chapter, to avoid launching like this complete joke/disaster.
    Edited by bluebird on April 4, 2020 1:06AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »

Looks like only 1000 player per server for New World. If you happen to be on a popular server, bring a book while you wait in queue.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    ESO is one of last games left getting regular good support. It seems unlikely to go the way of the modern game industry, but if it does then I’ll only gave old games left to play. Anything 2015 and earlier. Modern gaming has replaced classical gaming around then. The people making games and people playing them are so radically different it’s like night and day. Old gaming tried to be creative and smart. New gaming is glitchy half complete grind fest live services that are more like a second job and make Korean grind mmo’s look casual or they are just gambling gacha games.

To put it shortly. Old gaming liked to make and play video games. New game makers almost seem to loathe people who play games and even the players don’t like old style games.

I find many of the new games to be too easy. They look fantastic though. But most game studios want players to reach their end game especially if it’s a long series of games. Players get a sense of accomplishment by “winning” and want to buy the next one. It’s a simple way to keep milking the cash cow. But so long as it’s enjoyable often times it’s worth the money.

Really difficult and punishing games have a niche player base. You have to be a glutton for punishment to play games like DS and Sekiro, it’s a different satisfaction that appeals to a more hardcore gamer.

What we have here is a game that’s tried to cross over. You have elements that appeal to different types of players. Your hardcore RP are having a different experience than those playing the PvP side. They seem to have done well for themselves by casting a large net. I for one hope they keep turning out content but also hope they make other tweaks along the way in terms of storage, more classes, more characters and maybe a tiered system for endgame PvE and PvP. That final wish list item might make it hyper competitive, but also might give the casuals a break from the hardcore players and have a better chance to access the content with one another.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    hope they release a corrupted blood scenario for cyrodill that would be funny as ***
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New World sucks, it's a shell of a game that won't be the next big MMO Amazon is hoping for.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they don't fix performance, New World will eat their player base anyway...
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New World has one huuuuuuuge issue. Many aren’t supporting Amazon. They could throw it at me for free and I wouldn’t play anyway.

Don’t think they’ll delay launch. They have a product lifecycle to take into consideration, if this isn’t the last chapter, the next are in process.

But with the missing patch Monday, something is going on. They have plenty of cleanup to do, but somehow they haven’t figured it out yet. No communication on why. No communication on the Eu server.

And I’m noticing a housing community that’s also beginning to rise in protest. Then you know they have messed up, when they can’t even fiddle with their own homes
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most delays are due to logistics around shipping physical copies, not development issues.

ZOS has so far not communicated any shipping issues. (Although ZOS is historically terrible at communication, so.. who knows)
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greymoor isn’t a new game. It’s simply new content.

Right now it’s fundamentally completed. Sure there’s the opportunity to switch out proof of concept graphics for the actual finished articles, but all the serious work was signed off a while ago.

They’ve got 2 weeks or so polishing before PTS, which will check its overall functionality (ie does it actually work, not do the whiners like it or not). Then it will go live.

Launching it may be a big event, but it’s not a complicated process. There is no risk involved... they already have an active playerbase with many more to join during the free ESO fortnight.

In contrast, new game launches will seriously miss the opportunities to build presence and audience through conventions like E3, and the ongoing groundswell of hype, reviews, overamped press and, most importantly word of mouth. They will miss the exposure they need to break beyond the confines of the gamer press and community.
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I hope they delay it, then rethink and completely remove or at least reskin the terrible mobile minigames.
    I was hyped for the Greymoor previews, the vamp revamp, Western Skyrim's zone, until... they showed... this.
    excavation.png
    scrying.png
    Do we really want ESO, and ESO 'Skyrim' Greymoor to be known for this kind of nonsense? Terrible non-immersive flashy minigames that look like a lazy mobile game port? With Mythic items locked behind this new kind of mindnumbing eyesore of a grind, this is honestly a new low. At least the Psijic Skill grind - boring and repetitive though it may have been - was immersive mechanics-wise (travel, look at the pretty scenery and interact with portals) and made sense lore-wise.

But this? Please... So yeah, I'm hoping a little delay would help the Antiquities system, one of the major features of the Chapter, to avoid launching like this complete joke/disaster.

These are pretty much the same bull *** world quests like you get in WoW bfa tortollen quests. Everyone hates it it’s pointless content
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it gets delayed, it gets delayed.

There are far more serious matters to worry about, and they are not video games.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • bethsheba
    bethsheba
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    excavation.png
    scrying.png

These are pretty much the same bull *** world quests like you get in WoW bfa tortollen quests. Everyone hates it it’s pointless content

This is what happens when a corporation has ZERO connection to their customers, ie the player base. All they look at is a. What has competition done? B. How hard is it to develop? C. How profitable is it? (Though I likely have the order reversed in @ZOS case)

If they would tighten their belts, put off new content for 6 months and put all development and testing resources into Fixing. The. Game. They would wind up gaining AND retaining new players as word gets out about their commitment to players AND would bring back and retain existing players. In the end they would make more bank.

• TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They do not trump European laws on a functioning product.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SmukkeHeks wrote: »
    But with the missing patch Monday, something is going on. They have plenty of cleanup to do, but somehow they haven’t figured it out yet. No communication on why. No communication on the Eu server.

We are close to Greymoor dropping on PTS. Patches to the Live game slows at this point in the Update cycle. Likely, the only Live fixes they are working on are ability desyncs and lag.

They do not trump European laws on a functioning product.

Be careful what you wish for.

All that said, ZOS needs to go back to the drawing board on the minigames and reimagine what they are going to be doing with the game, going forward. If they can hide that in a "corona virus delay" then, I have no problems with a delay.