Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else think the wings of the vampire lord ultimate look horribly bad?

Noxavian
Noxavian
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
When I picture a vampire lord in ESO, I don't picture giant cardboard-cosplay style wings. I think of the thin ones that we've already seen in the trailer and the gameplay trailers. Supposedly part of the reason why they are shadows is because it'd be hard to see through them, but idk how true that is. The body of the transformation, if you zoom in and examine it closely, already look like the vampire-lord we've been shown. He's even wearing the armor. The big shadowy wings just look so bulky and unfitting, they're an eyesore.

xhglk119pr7n.png

Do you guys think the final form will look something like this ^ by the time PTS comes around? I really want to believe these big bulky wings are placeholders considering how early-in-dev the preview seems to be. Take note that the animations seem very pre-pre-PTS and even the icons of the abilities havent changed at all and look weird. Also the form has the same blue/template as the necro ult.

Either way, back on topic, do you guys actually like the completely statue still cardboard wings?
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagining multiple cardboard Draculas wings awkwardly clipping into one another at the Riften inn.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagining multiple cardboard Draculas wings awkwardly clipping into one another at the Riften inn.

LOL Im imagining this too.

For reference, this is what the wings look like.
    ooz6b15ouaat.png
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

ooz6b15ouaat.png

Imagine imagining that people can do anything but imagine what the wings look like in that image. It's too dark...
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Noxavian wrote: »

ooz6b15ouaat.png

Imagine imagining that people can do anything but imagine what the wings look like in that image. It's too dark...

to be fair you arent missing much.

They are literally a translucent shadow.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How vampire look like is the least of my worries...
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This picture is a bit more lit but still.... its pretty bad.

Screenshot_33.png
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    This picture is a bit more lit but still.... its pretty bad.

Screenshot_33.png

I love this pic a lot because like, you can see how despite having dagger-length claws the vampire lord chooses to use daggers instead.

I love this design!!

I love that despite having massive strength and claws the size and sharpness of actual daggers you still wield your weapon. It'd be like werewolf wielding a sword....
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like you're sarcastic but I don't know. All the videos I've seen so far seem so off. Like the whole ultimate look feels like a placeholder, the vampire's default appearance seems to change between videos where stage one is covered in blood? What??? And other things....
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently, the WIP in the corner doesn't mean anything
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AinSoph wrote: »
    Apparently, the WIP in the corner doesn't mean anything

This
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Look like something you hang your washing on
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope to gods they don't change to the bug flippers. I will never see a vampire as anything but a glorified water beetle again if they do. They're ridiculous. If it has to have wings I'd much rather the translucent bat wings.

Or I guess they could make it a giant water beetle, that would be unique, if off-topic.