The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why remove Light attack buff from BA instead of changing it to Heavy attack? (PvP)

StaticWave
StaticWave
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So why did ZOS remove the light attack buff completely instead of reverting it back to buffing heavy attacks? I seriously don't understand their mindset when they went through with that. Our class barely gets any needed buffs and now we're having our skill nerfed lol..
Platform:
PC NA

Main:
Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• liningtonsweldingb16_ESO
    Makes 0 sense to me as well.. at least make the daggers hit all at once with 1 chance to Crit.. it’s barely worthy slotting right now in PvP and I won’t be slotting it at all after this change goes through
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for bringing this up. Still waiting on the promised class identity of 2019... News flash, Bound Armaments didn't magically fix stam sorcs problems. It's a shame to see them focus so hard on making Stone Fist work for Stam DK's with no further comments on Bound Armaments other than a nerf. To make a claim that the active is so powerful that it should lose passive power while every other option that worked with light/heavy's got some type of rework is annoying.

Why is nerfing their first option all the time? Why not take away the 10% light attack damage, but move the 8% max stamina to the active ability like NB's damage reduction. It's so annoying to have to slot it on 2 bars just to get that passive. To make this clear, just take a look at @Alcast suggested build for a pve stam sorc. It's actually hilarious, double slot Bound Armaments, Double slot Clanfear. You now have 6 remaining slots and there is still room for a flex spot using dark deal. I'm not saying his builds are always the best, but he's been around long enough to be knowledgable, at times maining stam sorc. For him to suggest a build like that is just mind boggling that it's come to this point.

To be clear, I'm fine with losing some pve dps if it meant the active ability was actually good to use outside pve. Right now, it only serves as a spammable replacement to help with sustain. It does very little extra damage in comparison to a spammable and only single target. It does not work well as a burst/delayed burst skill that other classes have for pvp environments. Necro BB, Templar PotL, Wardens Shalks, Sorc Frags/Curse, NB Bow Proc, DK whip. This has to do with the issue of travel time and dodge mechanics, delay between each dagger being too long, but also too short to time with anything else.

I'm still asking myself why they chose to copy/paste NB's mechanics while also dumbing it down by being able to cast it early (by mistake) for less damage than a typical spammable, 1-3 daggers is not worth it so why offer it as an option in the first place. Why wouldn't you copy/paste one of the 2 sorc "minigame" mechanics built into frags/curse.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on March 30, 2020 7:34PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    10% increased light attack damage after light attack damage is nerfed 78%. Why even bother to remove it? It gives, what, 90 damage to a new light attack?

Just ZOS, lol.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still asking myself why they chose to copy/paste NB's mechanics while also dumbing it down by being able to cast it early (by mistake) for less damage than a typical spammable

It's not dumbing down. It's simply bad design of how skill works (like most things ZOS does). It's essentially same thing as refreshing Merciless by mistake instead of firing spectral bow proc - for no damage whatsoever. It's not a conscious design decision, it's just ZOS being ZOS.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change removes some class identity from the class that has the least class identity in the game. If the skill looks overloaded then why not move something to another skill or into the class passives?

The dps change is tiny, with stam sorcs effectively taking an 80% light attack nerf while other classes get a 78% nerf. The nerf to "power fantasy" is rather larger.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll miss those fun stam sorc builds with a vma staff. No more BA 10% light attack buff, no more light attack buff from wrecking blow's empower, and the big LA nerf. Nobody used those builds outside of playing around on a target dummy but they were fun, surprisingly strong and the closest thing the game had to a viable hybrid in pve. If eso had a pve spell sword build then this was probably it.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried so much to make the active skill work but even when it does the damage still wasn’t that great. Now LA gets nerfed and suddenly that 10% la passive was too good? I don’t see the point or how this helps stam sorc. At the least change the mechanic to work with new HA so bound could be used in a burst combo.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly at a loss for words. I don't undertstand. I don't rely on Alcast's builds, but I do check them every patch just to see what other people are running. Just look at this, do these skill bars scream class identity to you?

What does the state of of the game say when you see this ZOS?

This is a recommended end game trial skill setup by one of your long term influencers responsible for guiding most of your community and he found this was the best setup? This!? Clanfear does like 1.3-2k dps for doing nothing and it's still the best option for a raid? Dark deal is a flex spot.

0rSHydW.png

(This isn't to bash Alcast, it's to show how severely depressing it is to play stam sorc and the state of dots in the game that aren't worth using.)
    Edited by MashmalloMan on March 31, 2020 3:20AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at merciless like 4-5 patches ago when minor berserk was present and they decided the skill was too strong? Fisrt remove minor berserk and leave the skill as it is. Then give bonus reduction 15%. Then reduce the mitigation to 10%. Now it heals for x amount if hit in x meter range and last long. Bound armament is the old merciless few patches ago and I expect it to get a similar treatment.