The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How are light/heavy attacks with physical weapons on magicka characters?

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been playing my magplar with a S&B or a 2H on the front bar since I started in Summerset. I'm excited to be able to get good light and heavy attacks with them scaling to max resource now. Anybody been testing these?
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Light attack Damage will be Pretty bad, the constant Stamina restore if you land your light attacks might be interesting but if you want a burst of stam like you get from heavy attacking on live then thats gonna take 4 or 5 times as Long.
    I think dual wield or 2H heavy attacks with toppling and solar Barrage have potential to be Pretty interesting stuff in PvP for magplars, heavies hit hard and with empower and offbalance they will hurt a lot more.

All this is inferred from PvE testing I did tho so take it with a grain of salt.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Light attack Damage will be Pretty bad, the constant Stamina restore if you land your light attacks might be interesting but if you want a burst of stam like you get from heavy attacking on live then thats gonna take 4 or 5 times as Long.
    I think dual wield or 2H heavy attacks with toppling and solar Barrage have potential to be Pretty interesting stuff in PvP for magplars, heavies hit hard and with empower and offbalance they will hurt a lot more.

All this is inferred from PvE testing I did tho so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm not worry about the resource return. I can always put an enchantment on the weapon. But then again, I don't know how much losing the resource return on a restoration staff heavy is going to hurt yet.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not worry about the resource return. I can always put an enchantment on the weapon. But then again, I don't know how much losing the resource return on a restoration staff heavy is going to hurt yet.

That one is going to hurt plenty Im afraid. If you want the same burst of resources from one resto heavy back with the proposed changes you are gonna Need 5 or 6 consecutive light attacks, 5 heavy attacks if you are in heavy armor and have a resto or 20! heavy attacks if you have a resto but no heavy armor. Templar will be better of than others since offbalance also means more resource restore from weaving so toppling will be your best friend if These changes go live and toppling avoids nerfs in the next updates. The amount of heavies you Need if you land your light attacks often enough will likely reduce though.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • ATreeGnome
    ATreeGnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing my magplar with a S&B or a 2H on the front bar since I started in Summerset. I'm excited to be able to get good light and heavy attacks with them scaling to max resource now. Anybody been testing these?

You'll notice a significant gain in heavy attack damage but the blanket 78% reduction in light attack damage will likely negate any increases you would see from the new scaling.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only tested vMA DW on mDK and its vastly inferior to Inferno. Lacks scalability, decreases chance for Burning proc and decreases overall damage due to Ancient Knowledge. Max DPS I got was 60k, pFGD, Zaan, Willpower, vMA Inferno backbar.

I would try on Magsorc though.