Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Are dark elves still any good for passives?

ZaroktheImmortal
ZaroktheImmortal
✭✭✭✭✭
It feels too much of a hybrid race but that just seems master of none kind of effect. They used to be really good magika dps especially with the bonus fire damage. The reduced fire damage is alright for vampires but I've heard that's only a small percentage of the damage it takes off the taking off burning state helps but yeah. Just seems like the race got badly nerfed last changes I stuck with my dark elf cause I thought maybe they'd change it again at some point and we may end up with something better. But no, they've stuck with it like this. I'm considering if I should change races to ones more suited to the roles I have them for.
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that I have played recently, but when I did last venture into Cyro I played my Dunmer NB. The extra magicka and stamina resources are always useful in PVP. However, You seem to be talking about PVE - in which case there are just better options.
    Options
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed^ I play pvp and I love my dunmer vamp all the extra resources plus the high damage make them a great pvp class. I also have a pve Stamcro dunmer and he still hits like a truck. The way I see it is it’s nice to have the extra resources whether your mag or Stam. If you are mag the Stam is nice for dodge and break free. If you are stam then it’s nice to have extra mag for some mag abilities you may have slotted
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No sense changing your race. They might add extra flavor and maybe bonus damage or whatever. Its still useful why not use it? Just stick with the race you love why change him/her?
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once Zos finishes making all these changes they are expected to take another look at racial passives. They have said as much but expect only some tweaking, nothing major. For the most part the racial passives have never been closer than they are now.

In short, Bretton is better for sustain. For max damage stats Altmer has 125 more max magicka than Dunmer and both have the same SD iirc.

As for flame resistance, it depends on what you mean by a small amount. Obviously it does not cancel out all flame damage but it is a noticeable difference. I notice that difference in fights like vAS+x and vHoF Assembly General.

Unless you are having problems with sustain or needing to push DPS to stay or make a raid team I would not worry about changing.
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunmer is perfectly viable of mag dps.

They have more spell damage and more magicka. At least to me damage > sustain.
    If you become more familiar with your class, sustain is not an issue.
    Plus, if the new changes are applied (sigh) everyone will sustain.
    So you will see people going for more damage races than sustain ones, and once again ZoS will be putting 2k race change tokens on crown store :joy:

Also fire resistance is not small at all. I tested it by jumping in lava in Cyrodiil. Even stage 4 vampire took way longer die than a normal non vamp character

They have about 125 difference with Altmer so go go Dunmer

Though I favor Altmers :)
    Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm new racial changes coming? Interesting. Any word on what we're looking at?
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm new racial changes coming? Interesting. Any word on what we're looking at?

Not racials but LA and HA are changing
    So basically now LA damage is reduced and LA s will restore your magicka or stamina pool whereas HA wont restore mag/stam but doing more damage

Discussion is here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/517546/
    Edited by Cirantille on March 28, 2020 10:02AM
    Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm okay then.
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on what you want to do, dunmers are one if not the best race, otherwise it's just top-tier.
    Probably the only case when I wouldn't go dunmer is magicka necromanacer, because devs forgot to add sustain to that class. But with new LA changes this might cease being an issue.

Edited by Anhedonie on March 28, 2020 12:44PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer and Orc are the top dps races, but Dunmer is so close behind them that the difference is honestly negligible. We are talking about like 12 spell/weapon damage here.

Also, keep in mind that all the numbers you are seeing get added to the base value before buffs like Major sorcery apply, so you end up with more damage, except that this time you deal as much damage with magic, lightning and ice damage abilities.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them because there is no penalty for swapping between magic or stamina if one if them gets nerfed, or I get bored.
    Edited by Mancombe_Nosehair on March 28, 2020 1:31PM
    Options
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well what is your role, class?

My main PvP character started out as a dunmer magblade before they changed the racials, it's now a stamblade and it works really well in PvP. For NB, having extra mag is good for a stamblade, while extra stam is useful for any mag class. The extra dmg doesn't hurt either. They may not be BiS for some classes or roles, but no race is. They're still a solid choice for a lot of classes and roles and there's no way I'd race change one to another race. The benefit would be so small that unless you're chasing no 1 spot on leaderboards it won't matter.

Really hope they won't change dunmer racials since I really like them, especially for PvP.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    Well what is your role, class?

My main PvP character started out as a dunmer magblade before they changed the racials, it's now a stamblade and it works really well in PvP. For NB, having extra mag is good for a stamblade, while extra stam is useful for any mag class. The extra dmg doesn't hurt either. They may not be BiS for some classes or roles, but no race is. They're still a solid choice for a lot of classes and roles and there's no way I'd race change one to another race. The benefit would be so small that unless you're chasing no 1 spot on leaderboards it won't matter.

Really hope they won't change dunmer racials since I really like them, especially for PvP.

I've been maining a templar mainly been going healer of late but not sure if I want to stick to healer role or go dps or I'll probably end up as one or the other. I started off going more dps.
    Options