The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

EU guilds why are you asking for so much personal information from your new recruits? (some guilds)

• ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use some generic names, like eddie johnson.
    No one is going to try to find you anyways.
    And you just claim to work at walmart or something.
    There are prolly over 10 eddie johnson working for walmart anyways.

PS.
    If you are asian, try David Lee.
    If you are mexican, try Sergio Perez.
    All these names are common AF.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    My guess is they do not require that information. If I am correct on that issue then it is not a big deal.

Regardless, I think you should quit that guild. If you are already coming to the forums complaining about the guild then it is clear you need to move on. That guild is not for you and you are not for them.

BTW, I have been in several guilds that had an introduce yourself thread. It is not that big of a deal and only players that wanted to disclose information about themselves did so. I never added info and was never asked to.

I left as i did feel intimidated...3 guilds were like this so far. I honestly thought that if i didnt share that info they would not accept me as part of their team. They specifically stressed that they wanted that level of intimacy like a family that all know each other. I think once you put that info out there you get placed in a box...
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

😅😂😂😂😂love it thanks 🖒🖒
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my over five years on EU server, I have never ever been forced to give any information about myself in guilds. I have not even needed to say things like "I value my privacy, thanks for your understanding." Nothing the like.

Europe is generally big on the importance of the value of privacy. If you are not comfortable with sharing bits about yourself, then don't, if you want to volunteer information about yourself then do.

If you enter a guild that wants to force you to reveal anything you don't want, then leave it. That easy.

But please do not project the behaviour of single guilds on the behaviour of all guilds of a whole server.
    Thank you.
    Edited by Sturmfaenger on March 27, 2020 9:31AM
    PC/EU
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Discord is fantastic. People shouldn’t be scared of it.

If however, they’re asking for all that personal information, that’s a straight up red flag, get the hell out of that discord channel.
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    I have personally filled in such introductions and I have provided the option to do so in my own servers. The main reason is that it allows us to see other characters/accounts as actual human beings, not just faceless user IDs. Sometimes sharing such information will lead to less misunderstandings, such as age gaps.

It’s never obligatory. Many people don’t even bother writing any introduction, some people just leave out a few details, some write everything. I personally have no problem sharing such information, but met people who have and it’s not a problem. One guy straight out admitted they’re never gonna use Discord for legal reasons, one guy said they can’t tell what their job, etc.

If it bothers you, simply don’t write anything. If they ask you to, tell them you don’t want to share any personal details. If they insist, well, probably time to leave.

PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    Discord is fantastic. People shouldn’t be scared of it.

:smiley: Noun. (a) lack of agreement or harmony; (b) active quarreling or conflict resulting from discord among persons or factions

Not scary, maybe, but also not something I am looking for. Oh, wait... this describes my daily forum existence. Nevermind.

Discord is fantastic! :tongue:

resdayn00 wrote: »
    If it bothers you, simply don’t write anything. If they ask you to, tell them you don’t want to share any personal details. If they insist, well, probably time to leave.

I find that people who insist are hiding a severe "-ism". Unless you share that "-ism", they are probably best left to their own pursuits. If you do share that "-ism", well... not the place.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PS.
    If you are asian, try David Lee.
    If you are mexican, try Sergio Perez.
    All these names are common AF.

Genuine lol...
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm Barbie, I have a pink corvette and a unicorn. Do you need to know anything else?
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only been in one guild that had an introduction channel on their discord. It was completely optional and not something anyone had to do. Just a nice social thing to know eachother as human beings. You didn't even need to write everything. If you wanted to not write your name (Which was just first name)/age/location or whatever, then you could just skip those.

I doubt you were forced to introduce yourself and it's definitely not some EU guild standard.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!