The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZoS refuses to give players back their race/appearance change tokens when wasted because of ZoS'

nhisso
nhisso
✭✭✭✭
poor lighting in the character creator. I sent a ticket and they said they werent going to respond to the ticket any more, but acknowledged the lighting bug. But then they had the nerve to say they would consider the matter closed after 96 hours if they didnt hear any thing back. So i immediately replied.
The Problem: ZoS' lighting makes it so your character doesnt look the same in game as it does in the character creator. I used 3 tokens to get it right. That is ridiculous. I am not the only one facing this problem, either. Numerous people reported the same thing in chat when i bitched about it.

The nerve of customer service to acknowledge the bug's existence but then refuse to compensate me. That is vile. So ZoS' mistake has cost me my change tokens. I believe I should get 2 out of the 3 tokens back.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC, @nhisso, be sure to take advantage of downloading the PTS.

That way, you're not out appearance change tokens on Live ... since you can take screenshots of the character sliders on PTS and have almost unlimited tokens.

I agree with your argument, however. There should be a cooldown on the token for 24 hours so that you can test the changes in other lighting.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 25, 2020 9:31PM
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    The problem I think is that those were given tokens because of the race passive changes a while back. I'm sure if you had bought them they would have given you the tokens back.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eniredir wrote: »
    The problem I think is that those were given tokens because of the race passive changes a while back. I'm sure if you had bought them they would have given you the tokens back.

Only race change and name change tokens were given for that patch change, @Eniredir ... not appearance change.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eniredir wrote: »

Nopes. I have bought 10+ race/apperarance changes, but for about two years, untill *NOW*, i had a bug where i could not take more then a couple minutes to create a character, tried everything, constant movement of sliders, going back into char select screen, vpn, router fiddling, re-installing windows, getting a new router set up, aaand and back... Even got a new computer. Nopes. No refunds even when you have to create a char in under 120 seconds.

Don't count on it.

Edit;: Create, OR change, bug applied to both. I don't care to check how much i spent on getting a look right, I WOULD have nailed if i had more then 120 secs. I'd get depressed, but, now it works at least.
    Edited by InaMoonlight on March 26, 2020 9:23PM
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even people who got them for free should get them back. They were given because ZoS made drastic changes to races that might have made people want to play a different race. The bottom line is that ZoS' customer service is terrible and im being punished for ZoS' error. The simple solution would be to just give a player an hour or something to fix their character per token used. I dont know if a lot of other games have that feature, but i can think of a few that do that.