The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar Jabs...rumor??

• dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So people cant L2P and cry so things get nerfed

yup sounds about how ZOS balances
    Options
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerfs really only massively affects people who play by the meta.

If someone really like their Templar then they play it anyways.

No class in the game has ever been nerfed into “un-viability”.

I don’t think buffing everything when one thing is strong is better than nerfing that one thing.
    Edited by Coppes on March 23, 2020 2:24PM
    Options
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    How about this... we stop asking for nerfs? I know thats a radical concept.

I agree with you^

I just think many people are uniformed and still frustrated, since ZoS finally moved away from the Sorc and NB meta quite awhile ago.

Honestly, in PvP I see more stamina versions of the classes rn than anything else. DKs have become rather popular but overall it is a good mixture of classes and better than it was.

Best to play more than one class in PvP which makes it more fun and less boring. :)

Now, if performance would be the main focus that would be go a long way.

Some slight buffs are needed for classes that is all. If the said class were so great, they would be the only class played, they’re not so....time to move on.

PvP comment in a (well-informed, backed with parses) discussion on PvE matter, how quaint.

Sorry you’re frustrated but it did overlap. Though that said stamplars are not the go to for PvE, when you have StamNecros and many other classs that just have a better overall kit. They are part of the picture but not the only part. Maybe play more than NB.

I don’t trust a still image. Especially when you have someone like Liko with far more experience.

Not trying to be rude but you just seem like you want to bash a class because you’re not happy with where you’re at.
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on March 23, 2020 2:31PM
    Options
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree with you^

I just think many people are uniformed and still frustrated, since ZoS finally moved away from the Sorc and NB meta quite awhile ago.

Honestly, in PvP I see more stamina versions of the classes rn than anything else. DKs have become rather popular but overall it is a good mixture of classes and better than it was.

Best to play more than one class in PvP which makes it more fun and less boring. :)

Some slight buffs are needed for classes that is all. If the said class were so great, they would be the only class played, they’re not so....time to move on.

PvP comment in a (well-informed, backed with parses) discussion on PvE matter, how quaint.

Sorry you’re frustrated but it did overlap. Though that said stamplars are not the go to for PvE, when you have StamNecros and many other classs that just have a better overall kit. They are part of the picture but not the only part. Maybe play more than NB.

I don’t trust a still image. Especially when you have someone like Liko with far more experience.

Not trying to be rude but you just seem like you want to bash a class because you’re not happy with where you’re at.

Amused rather than frustrated. PvP crowd is very one-sided. And just so you know, necros have own problems (including, say, losing a good deal of damage this patch to bug in blastbones crit). So, bottom line, you have a bunch of empty words about "frustration", "not enjoying a class", all that noise, and on another hand, we have 81k one skill parse. I am sorry, but it doesn't really matter what you trust or don't trust, facts are stubborn things. ^^ To me it seems like you're a stamplar main who's defending own right to perform better than other classes without investing any actual skill.
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you^

In relation to the PVP/PVE overlap- I wish they'd just split PVP and PVE balances into two separate skill tabs. That way balances could be made for PVP without touching PVE. The PVP tab would only apply in PVP zones or when the character enters combat with another player in a duel. And as an added bonus, the same character could be used for both PVP and PVE without needing to respec. I think we'd see a wider variety of classes in PVP then, and perhaps more variation in specialized skills for either type of gameplay.

Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you^

Amused rather than frustrated. PvP crowd is very one-sided. And just so you know, necros have own problems (including, say, losing a good deal of damage this patch to bug in blastbones crit). So, bottom line, you have a bunch of empty words about "frustration", "not enjoying a class", all that noise, and on another hand, we have 81k one skill parse. I am sorry, but it doesn't really matter what you trust or don't trust, facts are stubborn things. ^^ To me it seems like you're a stamplar main who's defending own right to perform better than other classes without investing any actual skill.

Nah, I am not and you would know that if you ever bothered reading what I like. I don’t main any class but play multiple classes 1 v X for my enjoyment and challenge. PvP is also but anything but one sided, tbh.

Though honestly answer these questions....

Are you happy with the class you play?

What class(s) do you play?

What would you like changed with those classes that would make them more enjoyable again?

I don’t think people should bash another class if they are not having fun because of themselves. That is all.

Pointed out Liko because he actually does have mad experience that is trustworthy. Plus, he seems unbiased for the most part and is a nice guy.

Maybe ask him for tips if you’re so frustrated....

He is an amazing dps for Hodor that shares kindly with other players.

From what I can see so far, you just have another agenda and it clearly shows.
    Options
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you^

Nah, I am not and you would know that if you ever bothered reading what I like. I don’t main any class but play multiple classes 1 v X for my enjoyment and challenge. PvP is also but anything but one sided, tbh.

What would you like changed with those classes that would make them more enjoyable again?

I don’t think people should bash another class if they are not having fun because of themselves. That is all.

Pointed out Liko because he actually does have mad experience that is trustworthy. Plus, he seems unbiased for the most part and is a nice guy.

Even Liko admited that stamplar have the easiest PvE rotation with one of the highiest damage potential. Like I said before, it is good that stamplars are great dds but why play other classes (except necros) that deal less dps with harder rotations. If one class DPS with 9 skills and do around 85k+ on dummy and other can achieve more then that by using only two skills, can we still call it a balance?
    If ZoS decide to nerf jabs, great. They just need to buff other skills at the same time so overall templar class won't lose damage, will just require more then two brain cells to pull that numbers
    Options
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree with you^

You must be kidding. I'm not even sure I should be bothered to read what you're writing now, let alone history, because it has nothing to do at all with the topic of the conversation. You didn't even bother reading the original premise, after all, else you would have noticed that people aren't actually asking to nerf stamplar per se; they're asking to make it so that stamplar's performance stayed the same, but scaled with player skill - you know, as it should be.

Sorry, but I'll ignore those attempts at homegrown psychoanalysis. Liko? You didn't even watch his videos. ^^ Because, I will now quote from his latest stamplar parse, for Harrowstorm. From description of rotation, verbatim:

TL;DW - spam jabs

'Nuff said about how well do you know what are you talking about. :) Happy jabbing. :)
    Options
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    Malmai wrote: »
    Keep nerfing, soon will be "where is all the playerbase gone" along with the performance fail haha.

Well if they nerf jabs, they should definitely buff stamplars. Are you saying doing 80k+ with one skill is okay? If do, I want my magblade to do at least 75k with swallow soul

If you include a dmg set in par with relequeen and light attack weaving into your parse (+ dmg set on par with selene) then go ahead with your magblade.

Those 80k parses are with relequeen, LA weaving and selenes. Remove all dmg but jabs and burning light and you'll land around 50k (give or take) on the raid dummy.

Still i dont see any other spammable that hits 50k just like that, witohut anything else :D - many templars i kill just moving a side or ... simply roll dodge thru them and combo my skills on his back :cold_sweat: same with dawnbringer :)

Almost all spams do actually

And the figure is 54k - I just tried it for myself
    Options
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you^

In relation to the PVP/PVE overlap- I wish they'd just split PVP and PVE balances into two separate skill tabs. That way balances could be made for PVP without touching PVE. The PVP tab would only apply in PVP zones or when the character enters combat with another player in a duel. And as an added bonus, the same character could be used for both PVP and PVE without needing to respec. I think we'd see a wider variety of classes in PVP then, and perhaps more variation in specialized skills for either type of gameplay.

And a separate Champion Point system as well.
    For the Empire
    Options
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a templar meta since one year already.... I mean, normaly I'm against nerfs, but this is what happend with templar is just ridiculus... They have nerfed NB to the ground, just to make Templar a godmode... Combat team clearly has no idea where they are going... If one class gets best spammable, best heal, best defense, best dot and cheap cleanse on the top of that then whats the point of all these nerfs in the past?
    Options
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    Has anybody heard a rumor about the Templar jabs getting a cooldown nerf?

Jabs are utter trash anyways cooldown added or not..it's trash...

Thank You,

Best Templar In the Game

EDIT: Ok how do I do 50k dps with jsut jabs?.. before I leave this game I want my vMoL skin
    Edited by LuxLunae on March 24, 2020 12:29AM
    Options
  • nud3_voxel
    nud3_voxel
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, cropping cmx parses to remove the name and claiming it's your parse. lmao 2020 is a crazy year.
    Options
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nud3_voxel wrote: »
    Wow, cropping cmx parses to remove the name and claiming it's your parse. lmao 2020 is a crazy year.

Good attempt to take discussion away from the topic at hand, but no. Doesn't work like that.
    Options
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't heard such a thing. I don't even think jabs needs nerfing tbh, the skill is a noob stomper, not OP necessarily. You can't braindead face tank it, you have to roll dodge through it, stun mid jabs, kite to the sides a bit and etc.

EDIT:
    Well for jabs you should expect nerfs. You can parse 80k+ on trial dummy with right gear by only doing jabs. No hail, no dots, just jabs

Can you post CMX? I know you can get 40k+ on 6m with jabs only, because I have lol. but 80k on triall dummy? I think that's an exaggeration.

unknown.png?width=967&height=672

And that is great ZOS balance. As magblade main I need to weave perfectly, do whole rotation and have good ping. All that I can achieve on stamplar with just one button. Enjoy the parse of this really hard to achieve, meta rota

I dont know what it is you are doing, but this is simply out of reach for the vast majority of players.

I went and tried this last night, I know how to weave, the majority of my light attacks hit, and I just did jabs and LA... no where near 80k, way way less. I tried fast rotations, slow rotations, medium rotations. Nope.

Id love someone to explain this.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commancho wrote: »
    We have a templar meta since one year already.... I mean, normaly I'm against nerfs, but this is what happend with templar is just ridiculus... They have nerfed NB to the ground, just to make Templar a godmode... Combat team clearly has no idea where they are going... If one class gets best spammable, best heal, best defense, best dot and cheap cleanse on the top of that then whats the point of all these nerfs in the past?

Templar meta for the last year? Lmao, the only meta right now is stamcro and stamden, everything else is just underperforming in comparison.

Magplar were overtuned in scalebreaker for sure, but not any more.
    Options
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭

Templar meta for the last year? Lmao, the only meta right now is stamcro and stamden, everything else is just underperforming in comparison.

What do you mean AoE Meta or Ganking Meta? For example, Mag sorc on Bg is still Meta. It allows the new player to just dress properly and Sorc will carry him. But I agree that Templar is fine.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 26, 2020 9:54AM
    Options
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    Has anybody heard a rumor about the Templar jabs getting a cooldown nerf?

Jabs are utter trash anyways cooldown added or not..it's trash...

Thank You,

Best Templar In the Game

EDIT: Ok how do I do 50k dps with jsut jabs?.. before I leave this game I want my vMoL skin

Literally just spam jabs with any devines gear and 3 x bloodthirsty and you’ll get 50k on a 21mdummy
    Options
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean AoE Meta or Ganking Meta? For example, Mag sorc on Bg is still Meta. It allows the new player to just dress properly and Sorc will carry him. But I agree that Templar is fine.

I don't know about meta, but last week I played BGs 2 to 3 hours every day, and the majority of the players were DKs followed by sorcs and wardens. Xbox NA
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is not jabs, it's the synergy with deadly strikes.

It's not that jabs are so good, it's that after all these nerfs to dots and buffs to certain sets jabs came out on top.

You nerf jabs, and then what? Are you gonna ruin stamplar? And what about the magicka morph?
    Edited by JinMori on March 26, 2020 10:51AM
    Options
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »

I don't know about meta, but last week I played BGs 2 to 3 hours every day, and the majority of the players were DKs followed by sorcs and wardens. Xbox NA

I agree with your words. I meant that sorcs was is and will be the main meta. When Sorcs are too many everyone else has to play the Sorcs game. For example, if there is a lot of Nbs, most likely this team will lose, although the situations are different.
    Therefore, people like to flatter themselves when they say that the game on Sorcs is the highest level, even on Stam.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 26, 2020 11:03AM
    Options
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

It's not that jabs are so good, it's that after all these nerfs to dots and buffs to certain sets jabs came out on top.

You nerf jabs, and then what? Are you gonna ruin stamplar? And what about the magicka morph?

That's part of it, but the 81k parse above doesn't use deadly strikes. If I got it right, it's Relequen + Lokke + Selene.
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's part of it, but the 81k parse above doesn't use deadly strikes. If I got it right, it's Relequen + Lokke + Selene.

Yea it's lokke.

It's a bit of a strange situation, because if they nerf jabs, stamplar damage will definitely suffer a lot, and you can kiss goodbye to any magicka templar that uses sweeps, if they just nerf the skill.

Anyway, this has only been a problem recently, with all the dot nerfs, that pushed specs to a more frontloaded type of damage, so my guess is that people are complaining about it, now, because of it. The damage of the skill has not been changed for a long time, what changed is the environment.

Also, people have to consider than jabs and sweeps must be a stronger spammable compared to others simply because it has a channel, and that means less light attacks.
    Edited by JinMori on March 26, 2020 1:10PM
    Options
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yea it's lokke.

It's a bit of a strange situation, because if they nerf jabs, stamplar damage will definitely suffer a lot, and you can kiss goodbye to any magicka templar that uses sweeps, if they just nerf the skill.

Anyway, this has only been a problem recently, with all the dot nerfs, that pushed specs to a more frontloaded type of damage, so my guess is that people are complaining about it, now, because of it. The damage of the skill has not been changed for a long time, what changed is the environment.

Also, people have to consider than jabs and sweeps must be a stronger spammable compared to others simply because it has a channel, and that means less light attacks.

Well, that's basically the thing, people complain that, light attacks or no light attacks, simply weaving jabs result in 81k parses, so it seems that it being a channel doesn't take away from the relative power of such combo. It makes sense that channeled spammable is stronger than usual one, but maybe this one is disproportionately stronger, especially since it's reinforced by the passive proc. I'll agree, no need to nerf damage of class in whole per se (maybe a little since stamplars are currently an outlier damage-wise), but damage could be better distributed among skills to make sure that, roughly speaking, the difference between worst stamplar parse and best stamplar parse wouldn't be a difference between "spam jabs" and "spam jabs and sometimes do Hail".
    Options
  • ValueDrift
    ValueDrift
    ✭✭✭
    Stamplar rotation has hail, ritual, beast trap, power of the light and jabs, and rune for sustain. Six skills, no different from other stamina classes. The fact that the class passive is procced by jabs rather than actually being a passive just stacks the damage into jabs, but it doesn't matter where the damage comes from, just how much of it there is.
    Options
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ValueDrift wrote: »
    Stamplar rotation has hail, ritual, beast trap, power of the light and jabs, and rune for sustain. Six skills, no different from other stamina classes. The fact that the class passive is procced by jabs rather than actually being a passive just stacks the damage into jabs, but it doesn't matter where the damage comes from, just how much of it there is.

Well. As you see, you can use one skill for 81k, no bar swaps, nothing else, and sustain is just wonderful on the parse above. How much are you hitting on, say, a magblade, and how much practice you have to put in for that?
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Competitive DPS spamming 1 button, while using perfect rotation with 6 skills nets you extra 10% dps.
    This is ZoS balance teams wet dream.
    Options
  • ValueDrift
    ValueDrift
    ✭✭✭

Well. As you see, you can use one skill for 81k, no bar swaps, nothing else, and sustain is just wonderful on the parse above. How much are you hitting on, say, a magblade, and how much practice you have to put in for that?

No point in comparing magbuilds to stambuilds, all magbuilds underperform. But again, I'm fine with moving damage from jabs/burning light to other stamplar skills, as it is irrelevant where the damage comes from, as long as it's there.
    Options
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No point in comparing magbuilds to stambuilds, all magbuilds underperform. But again, I'm fine with moving damage from jabs/burning light to other stamplar skills, as it is irrelevant where the damage comes from, as long as it's there.

It's not even about underperforming, it's more about skill investment versus return. And yes, pretty much the point of the thread (some people are up at arms thinking that straight up nerf is proposed), could probably redistribute the damage some, so that six-skill rotation would hit the same as it does now, while simply spamming jabs would hit in proportion to effort invested.
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't nerf puncturing sweeps! Jabs are strong but not sweeps. Not only that but the damage is mitigated a lot by shuffle. It's getting to the point that the only hope I have of killing anything is with Crescent Sweep. And people want that nerfed too!
    Options