The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Jabs...rumor??

ACamaroGuy
ACamaroGuy
✭✭✭
Has anybody heard a rumor about the Templar jabs getting a cooldown nerf?
Edited by ACamaroGuy on March 21, 2020 11:12PM
For the Empire
  • Scarkii
    Scarkii
    ✭✭✭
    if there was gonna be any cooldown it'd be a increase for burning light since thats what makes jabs strong
    "Even the slightest amount of courage can change the tides of War"
    Former DK main
    Characters - Templar - Sharaji EP/ DK - S'avira EP
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently not. Gossiping provides nothing useful.
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Lady_Linux wrote: »
    Apparently not. Gossiping provides nothing useful.

I agree. My son was telling me that he was told this by three other individuals during a random pug veteran dungeon this morning. I personally did not remember reading it anywhere or mentioned in patch notes so I was just reaching out to see if anybody else heard something.
    For the Empire
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well for jabs you should expect nerfs. You can parse 80k+ on trial dummy with right gear by only doing jabs. No hail, no dots, just jabs
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't heard such a thing. I don't even think jabs needs nerfing tbh, the skill is a noob stomper, not OP necessarily. You can't braindead face tank it, you have to roll dodge through it, stun mid jabs, kite to the sides a bit and etc.

EDIT:
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    Well for jabs you should expect nerfs. You can parse 80k+ on trial dummy with right gear by only doing jabs. No hail, no dots, just jabs

Can you post CMX? I know you can get 40k+ on 6m with jabs only, because I have lol. but 80k on triall dummy? I think that's an exaggeration.
    Edited by Nevasca on March 21, 2020 11:36PM
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't heard such a thing. I don't even think jabs needs nerfing tbh, the skill is a noob stomper, not OP necessarily. You can't braindead face tank it, you have to roll dodge through it, stun mid jabs, kite to the sides a bit and etc.

EDIT:

Can you post CMX? I know you can get 40k+ on 6m with jabs only, because I have lol. but 80k on triall dummy? I think that's an exaggeration.

unknown.png?width=967&height=672

And that is great ZOS balance. As magblade main I need to weave perfectly, do whole rotation and have good ping. All that I can achieve on stamplar with just one button. Enjoy the parse of this really hard to achieve, meta rota
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Scarkii said.

The nerf I could see coming to it would be "Puncturing Strikes and it's morphs can no longer proc Burning Light more than once per cast."

Doing it that way removes the power from biting jabs but retains the power of the passive with stacking the spear DoT in the skill line to maximize procs for PvE.

But I doubt any nerf for it will come to pass.
    Edited by Kittytravel on March 21, 2020 11:50PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT:

And that is great ZOS balance. As magblade main I need to weave perfectly, do whole rotation and have good ping. All that I can achieve on stamplar with just one button. Enjoy the parse of this really hard to achieve, meta rota

This is sad, but also hilarious for some reason!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can only hope
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t heard that, but probably. Lots of people complain, and history has taught us that Zeni will nerf whatever people cry about most, wether or not it’s warranted. That’s how the game has gotten to where it is.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT:

This is sad, but also hilarious for some reason!

At this point it is both sad and hilarious that combat team clearly don't know what they are doing. They don't play their own game, thats I know for sure
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »
    We can only hope

I can only hope not. It's the only class I play and would end my game time/money with them ASAP.
    For the Empire
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it, because the game is mainly balanced via dummy tests. And against dummies, Jabs (for magicka) is a small dps loss compared to using a normal spammable because you can not light attack as often. Jabs are however much easier on your ressource pool.

So from a pve perspective, jabs would be eliminated as a dps option for magicka builds if there was a cooldown.
    In pvp it is another story, since they are pretty crazy there.

Stamina Templars however are stellar in pve and pvp and could easily suffer such a nerf and would likely still be better than other dps specs.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, the nerf threads disguised as "rumor" threads.
  • tului78
    tului78
    ✭✭
    If it's stamina morph, keep the nerfs there.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will get nerfed for sure. It deals almost double Damage in one cast (no casttime) than D Swing (0.8s Casttime), slows down, is undodgeable because it is AoE and triggers Burning light, depending on your morph it even heals you or rises your critrate.
    Edited by L_Nici on March 22, 2020 10:03AM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT:

facts. NERF JABS AND TEMPLAR ZOS
    PC EU
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Templar named spamming jabber...
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever they need to do, just make it stop being an "i win" button.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's not be giving people stupid ideas.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They will never put cooldowns on active abilities.
    Passive abilities however I could see it happening, giving a cooldown to burning jabs is a possible nerf.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. This is the worst rumor ever. Zos does not do cooldowns on skills. That is part of the core design of our combat skills.

To think such a rumor had any credibility someone would have to be very uninformed about Zos' philosophy on cooldowns for skills that they have held onto since before the game launched.

I did forget to mention that around the end of April 2014, maybe the beginning of May, Zos did a ninja nerf by adding a short duration after using jabs before it could be used again. Yes, it is the same as having a CD on a skill. Zos reverted that change quickly. I do not recall if it was intended or not and not going to dig through the patch notes from way back then.
    Edited by idk on March 23, 2020 6:30AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jabs is strong yes but not so overly OP as everyone is making it out to be. Overall the classes are even in total dps. Sure, some are stronger than others, but this comes and goes. I am sure with all the crying lately they will be nerfed somehow same as DK wings where and how OP NB’s cloak is and Socrs mages wrath is unfair in BG’s and God forbid the current king of DPS the Necros be nerfed somehow. Lest we also not forget about the warden’s overall skill kit that makes them the best in PVP for the most part.

Played a lot of BG’s lately and can only think of twice that I have been killed by nothing but jabs. With one of those times I was running with the relic and within 5-8 meters of turning it before for the final 100 to win the match and was jabed to death from behind. The other times I was just straight up stupid and stood their face eating the damage.
    Edited by Hotdog_23 on March 23, 2020 6:36AM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Jabs is strong yes but not so overly OP as everyone is making it out to be. Overall the classes are even in total dps. Sure, some are stronger than others, but this comes and goes. I am sure with all the crying lately they will be nerfed somehow same as DK wings where and how OP NB’s cloak is and Socrs mages wrath is unfair in BG’s and God forbid the current king of DPS the Necros be nerfed somehow. Lest we also not forget about the warden’s overall skill kit that makes them the best in PVP for the most part.

Played a lot of BG’s lately and can only think of twice that I have been killed by nothing but jabs. With one of those times I was running with the relic and within 5-8 meters of turning it before for the final 100 to win the match and was jabed to death from behind. The other times I was just straight up stupid and stood their face eating the damage.

No over class achieves over 80k dps just by spamming one ability.
    Jabs is actually quite overly OP.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's my class change ZOS.
  • ReckyZa
    ReckyZa
    ✭✭
    Well for a high ping player like myself I may get 1 jab hitting so putting a cool-down would be ridiculous
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep nerfing, soon will be "where is all the playerbase gone" along with the performance fail haha.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »
    Keep nerfing, soon will be "where is all the playerbase gone" along with the performance fail haha.

Well if they nerf jabs, they should definitely buff stamplars. Are you saying doing 80k+ with one skill is okay? If do, I want my magblade to do at least 75k with swallow soul
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »

Well if they nerf jabs, they should definitely buff stamplars. Are you saying doing 80k+ with one skill is okay? If do, I want my magblade to do at least 75k with swallow soul

If you include a dmg set in par with relequeen and light attack weaving into your parse (+ dmg set on par with selene) then go ahead with your magblade.

Those 80k parses are with relequeen, LA weaving and selenes. Remove all dmg but jabs and burning light and you'll land around 50k (give or take) on the raid dummy.