The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NEW FREE GloomSpore Crates Simulator - Try out your luck at GloomSpore Crates for FREE!

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. 100 rolls and still no radiant apex... but I'm getting better rewards overall than the real crates. I'm still pretty convinced ZOS uses dark patterns to lower results the more crates you buy/open.
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    The real rng is far less forgiving. Generally, it takes around $600 worth of crates to get all three radiant mounts. This season was closer to $1200.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    akdave0 wrote: »
    The real rng is far less forgiving. Generally, it takes around $600 worth of crates to get all three radiant mounts. This season was closer to $1200.

you mean 1200 crates... not 1200$ worth of creates ....
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

you mean 1200 crates... not 1200$ worth of creates ....

I mean 1200$ worth of crates.
    I bought 8 21,000 @$149.00 crown packs. Used every single crown in increments of 5000. 33 - 15 crates packs.
    So, 495 crates opened to get all the radiant mount this season. The 1st radiant didn't drop until the low 300's.
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can say this after now owning 17 radiant mounts. They only drop on the 5th bonus card, you can tell youre getting it before you flip, there will be a different color shimmer around the card. I was upset this season, so I called ZOS directly. They said they made this season more difficult and that it is rng. Its not real rng, because if it were, you would get a radiant duplicate eventually. I have never, ever gotten a duplicate radiant for gems. EVER. So its not rng in the true sense, its rng after you spend a certain amount.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can say this after now owning 17 radiant mounts. They only drop on the 5th bonus card, you can tell youre getting it before you flip, there will be a different color shimmer around the card. I was upset this season, so I called ZOS directly. They said they made this season more difficult and that it is rng. Its not real rng, because if it were, you would get a radiant duplicate eventually. I have never, ever gotten a duplicate radiant for gems. EVER. So its not rng in the true sense, its rng after you spend a certain amount.

I never saw anyone get 2 radiant apex and even less 3 on crates openings.

Zos has not confirmed that you can get double Radiant Apex for Gems, as far as I know.

Wait... you called Zos? and they said its more difficult??

https://crowncrates.com/gloomspore

Shows same odds as before at Radiant Apex around 0.025 % so 1 in 400

I can only says you been lucky if you only had to open 495 Crates to get all 3 radiant.... average should be 1200 crates.

Or ZOS has a Hidden Mechanics for Whales that try to get all the radiant apex mounts and lowers the odds for them so that the whale species does not go extinct.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was upset this season, so I called ZOS directly. They said they made this season more difficult and that it is rng.

I very highly gigantically without a shadow of reconsideration doubt that.

I don’t think anyone at ZoS, upon your request, told you “psst, hey, we actually made it harder to get radiant mounts. don’t go telling the forums or your friends about it, k bye”.

EDIT: Unless you give hard evidence, I won’t believe you.
    Edited by Coppes on March 25, 2020 11:38PM
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Believe what you want. I have all three of those mounts and nothing changes that.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Believe what you want. I have all three of those mounts and nothing changes that.

Next crate opening can you make a video of you opening crates ?

@akdave0
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok Everyone since Sale is UP now is the perfect time to test your "luck" with this crate simulator since a lot of you will be buying crates!
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake hunted a radiant (any kind and not a particular one...) for a laugh...

Got "!!! RADIANT !!! APEX !!! : Fungiflare Wolf" on my first try.

/jokes

It was the 352nd try.

So this would of taken me 23.46 packs of 15 crates at a rate of 5,000 crowns EACH.
    That's a casual 117,333 crowns.

The normal top bracket deal for crowns is 21,000 for $110.97 AUD.
    So it would of took $620 AUD (more actually since it was almost 5.5x 21,000 packs so I would of had to spend money on the extras at a higher cost and not the top bracket discount cost).

$620 for a radiant of any kind. As a side not it was a wolf which I dont care for. Since I would of only wanted the senche. However I literally got tired of clicking the button to look for the exact one I would of wanted. Let that settle in... I got tired of pressing my mouse looking for it... it is that low of a drop rate...

More jokes though. 117,333 crowns at a PC NA price of 200:1 is 23,466,600 gold. 23.5M.

So in the end I got bored of fake hunting a drop because the rate was so low and took $620 AUD or 23.5M in game gold in this fake waste of time.

I will literally never try and use these things lol...
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rezdayn wrote: »
    Fake hunted a radiant (any kind and not a particular one...) for a laugh...

Got "!!! RADIANT !!! APEX !!! : Fungiflare Wolf" on my first try.

/jokes

It was the 352nd try.

So this would of taken me 23.46 packs of 15 crates at a rate of 5,000 crowns EACH.
    That's a casual 117,333 crowns.

The normal top bracket deal for crowns is 21,000 for $110.97 AUD.
    So it would of took $620 AUD (more actually since it was almost 5.5x 21,000 packs so I would of had to spend money on the extras at a higher cost and not the top bracket discount cost).

$620 for a radiant of any kind. As a side not it was a wolf which I dont care for. Since I would of only wanted the senche. However I literally got tired of clicking the button to look for the exact one I would of wanted. Let that settle in... I got tired of pressing my mouse looking for it... it is that low of a drop rate...

More jokes though. 117,333 crowns at a PC NA price of 200:1 is 23,466,600 gold. 23.5M.

So in the end I got bored of fake hunting a drop because the rate was so low and took $620 AUD or 23.5M in game gold in this fake waste of time.

I will literally never try and use these things lol...

Wait hahaha....

This was going by the huge discount price they have atm...

The $110.97 pack would actually be $184.95 AUD each normally.

So its not $620 its actually closer to $1,033 AUD...

Rip lol what a joke.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anotherone773 wrote: »
    I find crown crates to be very consumer friendly

I think that was the statement of the year on ESO forums
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons