The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New Moon Priest Style Master

Zulera301
Zulera301
✭✭✭✭✭
I understand the notion of adding motifs later down the line to increase replayability of content (see also: every DLC dungeon outside of Imperial City) and that's not an issue. My issue is that the achievement is there, and it is horribly misleading.
Back when Murkmire launched, Elder Argonian at least had the decency to say "found in Murkmire after a particular date" before it came out, to indicate this was up and coming, rather than already out. Meanwhile, New Moon Priest makes no reference of this anywhere, whether on the achievement or in the outfit styles tab. (Senchal did this too, but we thankfully finally got a date for it).

Now, at least the dungeon motifs have the decency to not show the achievement or the styles in the outfit tab until they're actually released (or close to release). so if y'all are gonna openly mock us with a literally impossible achievement, the least you could do is give us an ETA on when to expect them to show up.

...or if they're already out, then there's an abysmal drop rate we need to talk about.

Not to mention that there are Master Writs asking for this motif style (as well as Senchal, but we at least finally got a release date on that one now). It's one thing to give improbably bad Master Writs (looking at you blue triunes), but these ones are literally impossible because of this issue, on top of the rest of what I've pointed out.
Edited by Zulera301 on March 18, 2020 8:58AM
Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
"Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The achievement is something I don't mind. What is getting on my nerves more and more each day is the fact that master writs are already demanding both the New Moon Priest and the Shield of Senchal motif. So far I haven't seen a single style page for either. According to a bug report not too long ago, neither is actually in the game.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/514179/master-writs-requiring-new-moon-priest-style-not-in-game

And like the poster in that thread, I'm also wondering why the new nightmare / Cyrodiil craftable sets were demanded instantly in master writs after the sets had been put into the game. I think there used to be at least some delay between the appearance of a new set and it being required in master writs.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    I understand the notion of adding motifs later down the line to increase replayability of content (see also: every DLC dungeon outside of Imperial City) and that's not an issue. My issue is that the achievement is there, and it is horribly misleading.
    Back when Murkmire launched, Elder Argonian at least had the decency to say "found in Murkmire after a particular date" before it came out, to indicate this was up and coming, rather than already out. Meanwhile, New Moon Priest makes no reference of this anywhere, whether on the achievement or in the outfit styles tab. (Senchal did this too, but we thankfully finally got a date for it).

Now, at least the dungeon motifs have the decency to not show the achievement or the styles in the outfit tab until they're actually released (or close to release). so if y'all are gonna openly mock us with a literally impossible achievement, the least you could do is give us an ETA on when to expect them to show up.

...or if they're already out, then there's an abysmal drop rate we need to talk about.

You're not entitled to the release date because it is subject to change and putting it in 6mo in advance isn't going to make it any better.

It's not even out yet ffs.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're not entitled to the release date because it is subject to change and putting it in 6mo in advance isn't going to make it any better.

Saying "we plan to add motif after Q1 DLC" or something like that would actually help a lot.

Or we would have to guess if it's bad drop rate or motif is "not even out yet ffs"
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, someone completely and utterly missed the point of my post.

I used the dungeons as an example of motifs that come out 6 months later (or whenever). the achievements aren't up till later, the style pages aren't up till later and we don't get master writs asking for them until much later as a result either.

I used Murkmire as an example because at least when they had the achievement and the styles up, the tooltip text said "available after a current time". (and also, there weren't master writs dropping in that style).

my point was basically either they need to tell us when it's coming out, remove the achievement/master writs until they're closer to release, or at the VERY least, reword the dang thing to say "after a certain date".
    Edited by Zulera301 on March 18, 2020 9:26AM
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joke's on me. I've done Southern Elsweyr dailies several times in hopes of getting one of these two motifs and thought that the drop rate was even worse than it's been for other similar motifs. Now I know why that is, and it doesn't help my low opinion of ZOS' tactics to keep people logging in and replaying stale content.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

Saying "we plan to add motif after Q1 DLC" or something like that would actually help a lot.

Or we would have to guess if it's bad drop rate or motif is "not even out yet ffs"

They did that with the motif from Halls of Fabrication and it took them what, 2 years to release it? They will announce when it is released

Generally the motifs are added in the next major dlc after they are added into the game files.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, someone completely and utterly missed the point of my post.

I used the dungeons as an example of motifs that come out 6 months later (or whenever). the achievements aren't up till later, the style pages aren't up till later and we don't get master writs asking for them until much later as a result either.

I used Murkmire as an example because at least when they had the achievement and the styles up, the tooltip text said "available after a current time". (and also, there weren't master writs dropping in that style).

my point was basically either they need to tell us when it's coming out, remove the achievement/master writs until they're closer to release, or at the VERY least, reword the dang thing to say "after a certain date".

Why do they have to do that? Because you want them to? The date is subject to change, the achievements are added in with the new dlc, and they have master writs now to amp up your anticipation for the motif and so you have a reason to need them as soon as they drop.

All your other examples miss the point of what they're doing. When it comes out, you'll know
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have a crafting writ that requires that motive... already lol... :open_mouth:

btw.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/New+Moon+Priest+Style
    "Acquired from the dragon guard supply chest in Dragonguard Sanctum."

Is that true ? Any one had any luck ? I open those regularly and have not found a motive page yet. Not even a style mat...
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    The achievement is something I don't mind. What is getting on my nerves more and more each day is the fact that master writs are already demanding both the New Moon Priest and the Shield of Senchal motif. So far I haven't seen a single style page for either. According to a bug report not too long ago, neither is actually in the game.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/514179/master-writs-requiring-new-moon-priest-style-not-in-game

And like the poster in that thread, I'm also wondering why the new nightmare / Cyrodiil craftable sets were demanded instantly in master writs after the sets had been put into the game. I think there used to be at least some delay between the appearance of a new set and it being required in master writs.

This. ^

Why do ZOS always do this? Why include these in master writs long before the motifs are even available?
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Rave the Histborn [Snip] Most importantly, how does our simple request for information hurt you?

[Edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 18, 2020 2:04PM
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also checked the chest and did dailies hoping to get motif. After not getting a single piece in 10 days, I found info, that it was not released yet. I consider such thing as misinformation, or misleading information from zos. If ingame info says that it drops, it should drop. Otherwise, it is lying to customers.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    i was farming these dailies for motifs, until i found out they hadn't been released. Maybe for a couple of weeks. Was wondering why no on else was doing these dailies. And the drop rate was so pathetic. Zero drop rate.
    PC-NA
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    @Rave the Histborn [Snip] Most importantly, how does our simple request for information hurt you?

[Edited for baiting]

Based on the edits I dont thank it's a "simple request" and I dont think you're talking in good faith. If you really need si.ple I fo the reality of the situation is they add the items in the same way everytime in generally the same time frame.

"they need to tell us when it's coming out, remove the achievement/master writs until they're closer to release"

This is called an ultimatum not a simple request
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's also another style, called Shields of Senchal that looks as if it was intended to be craftable. I stopped doing dailies in the zone once I fully unlocked the sanctuary exactly because I was waiting for Moon Priest and Shields of Senchal to become available from those quests.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • SergeantJinx
    SergeantJinx
    ✭✭✭
    Shields of Senchal Motif release date was posted on the 2nd March in theCrown Store Showcase March 2020, stating that it will be released at 2pm GMT on the 18th March, and acquired from Senchal Dalies or directly from the Crown Store.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. Please be sure to keep our Community Rules in mind when posting on our forums.

Thank you for your understanding
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did that with the motif from Halls of Fabrication and it took them what, 2 years to release it? They will announce when it is released

Generally the motifs are added in the next major dlc after they are added into the game files.

the HoF motif was one they actually *removed* from the game (as well as the achievement) for a long time, and of course they were courteous enough to not give master writs that drop in that style, or show the style on the outfit system tab. That part I'm okay with.

but yeah, the thing that irks me is the master writs and the outright false information. Don't tell us you can get the motifs from the chest until we can actually get them from the chest.

at the VERY least, all ZOS would need to do would be add 4 little words: After a certain date" to the flavour text.
    since apparently withholding the actual release date is that important of a secret.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the HoF motif was one they actually *removed* from the game (as well as the achievement) for a long time, and of course they were courteous enough to not give master writs that drop in that style, or show the style on the outfit system tab. That part I'm okay with.

It was removed from the achievements months after it was supposed to have already dropped and it took them YEARS to put it back in.

but yeah, the thing that irks me is the master writs and the outright false information. Don't tell us you can get the motifs from the chest until we can actually get them from the chest.

It's not false information just because it's not out yet, that's where you get them from. If they tell you about the last boss in an upcoming dlc does that make it false information because it's not out yet? No, stop being ludacris.

at the VERY least, all ZOS would need to do would be add 4 little words: After a certain date" to the flavour text.
    since apparently withholding the actual release date is that important of a secret.

ZOS doesn't owe it to you for an exact drop date that they can also change. It's happened before and if they put the drop date in there and they had to delay it you'd be on here rage posting about how it was false information putting the date in. If you really need the release date for the motif that bad you need to turn you need another hobby, or another game, or to just take an ESO break. It's not healthy to think like this, you're not owed or entitled to a date, just play the game and when it comes out it'll be in the patch notes.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rave the Histborn learn to quote. Also, ZOS stating a motif can be obtained from some activity when in clearly can't is the definition of false and misleading information. Something isn't true today because it may be true in the future.

I ran Southern Elsweyr dailies several days in a row after the achievements were added, expecting a motif drop. Now I know it was pointless and I wouldn't have done it if I'd known. Fortunately I did it as I waited for a dungeon queue to pop, but I still feel cheated. It's not hard being transparent and truthful with your clients. But apparently it's beyond ZOS.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was removed from the achievements months after it was supposed to have already dropped and it took them YEARS to put it back in.

It's not false information just because it's not out yet, that's where you get them from. If they tell you about the last boss in an upcoming dlc does that make it false information because it's not out yet? No, stop being ludacris.

ZOS doesn't owe it to you for an exact drop date that they can also change. It's happened before and if they put the drop date in there and they had to delay it you'd be on here rage posting about how it was false information putting the date in. If you really need the release date for the motif that bad you need to turn you need another hobby, or another game, or to just take an ESO break. It's not healthy to think like this, you're not owed or entitled to a date, just play the game and when it comes out it'll be in the patch notes.

sure, ZOS doesn't "owe" us anything. doesn't mean I can't freakin' ask, mate.

and no, if they had to delay the release of content, the only thing that would make me rage would be if they didn't give an approximate ETA of how much of a delay it was.even saying "coming in Q3 2021" would sate me, because I am a patient person and I can save the date. That patience is the same reason why I sell off new motifs/items when they first release, so I can price-gouge the impatient ones. Then I just buy them up 3 weeks later when prices are down 90%.

and yeah. it is false information if the game says "you can obtain these motifs from this location" when you can't actually obtain motifs from that location. If it said "you will eventually be able to obtain motifs from this location" it would be true. but it states "you can obtain them from here" when you can NOT in fact obtain them from there. That, my friend, is callsed false information.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    @Rave the Histborn learn to quote. Also, ZOS stating a motif can be obtained from some activity when in clearly can't is the definition of false and misleading information. Something isn't true today because it may be true in the future.

I ran Southern Elsweyr dailies several days in a row after the achievements were added, expecting a motif drop. Now I know it was pointless and I wouldn't have done it if I'd known. Fortunately I did it as I waited for a dungeon queue to pop, but I still feel cheated. It's not hard being transparent and truthful with your clients. But apparently it's beyond ZOS.

I'll learn to quote when you learn basic definitions of words.

It is true today LOL. You will be able to obtain them from the Dragonhold supply box, they just haven't been released yet. They're still going to drop from the crate, just not yet. Are advertisements false and misleading information now because it could say "Coming Soon" instead of an exact release date? No. Are the events false and misleading as well because they tell you the month they'll be in but they wait til 2 days before? No.

You're giving me crap about quoting but you can't even consult the patch notes XD Ya know, the notes they add to tell you exactly when they add things into the game when they do it. They add the achievements into the game months in advance and they have done this for years. How did they lie to you? You assumed it was out when it wasn't. It's not hard to keep up with the patch notes but apparently it's beyond my fellow players.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Impossible Master Writs are piling up. We shouldn't have to delete drops because ZOS doesn't have it together enough to release the motif at the same time as the master writ requirements.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol piling up? So that's what 1 maybe 2? Just bank them and wait like everyone else does everytime they do this. Your 15 vouchers will still be there
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like they do it because they plan on putting the drops out of for the style at some date between updates like they did for Shields of Senchel is my guess. So hopefully that means it will be coming soon, like maybe next month or something.

The fact they are already having drops in master writs is the more annoying part, but I guess maybe it's the same reason. Maybe they should come up with some coding to block this stuff before they activate it without needing a patch. (Though that's asking for more bugs I'd bet)
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol piling up? So that's what 1 maybe 2? Just bank them and wait like everyone else does everytime they do this. Your 15 vouchers will still be there

As someone with 15 master crafters, I get between 2-4 per character a day. Senche started dropping a week before and I had 10 usless writs before they finally started yesterday.. still have 6 or 7 NMP.
    Edited by PizzaCat82 on March 19, 2020 5:36PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm currently sitting on 15 of them myself. Writs on 36 characters a day makes them add up quickly.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s completely reasonable to think that they shouldn’t have master writs for motifs that are literally impossible to learn at the moment and to suggest otherwise is taking white-knighting to comical levels.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    It’s completely reasonable to think that they shouldn’t have master writs for motifs that are literally impossible to learn at the moment and to suggest otherwise is taking white-knighting to comical levels.

The sad part is they admitted these pre-release master writs were a bug back in 2018 — and claimed to have fixed it twice!

But at least the motifs come out during the Update in which they are added, so we should see NMP before Greymoor.

Edit: grammar is a thing.
    Edited by virtus753 on March 19, 2020 6:48PM
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »

As someone with 15 master crafters, I get between 2-4 per character a day. Senche started dropping a week before and I had 10 usless writs before they finally started yesterday.. still have 6 or 7 NMP.

Ok so you had 10 writs filling up........3075potential inventory slots, not including bank space or housing chests

thehorror.jpeg