The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Master Writs Requiring New Moon Priest Style - Not in game?

tmbrinks
tmbrinks
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
jbUagFL.jpg

Got a blacksmithing master writ today that requires New Moon Priest motif style to complete. As far as I know, this style is not yet in the game.

PC/NA - 2/26/2020
Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
61,215 achievement points
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s in the files but not released yet. Master writs should probably not be dropping at the moment, but the styles should become available before the next major update.

If I remember right this issue has occurred several times before with new motifs and/or master writs in those styles dropping before they should. It seems the devs are not always in sync with marketing.
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, I know they're in the files. My eidetic memory can't be completed until they are released :smile:

They're also dropping in Stags of Z'en and Moongrave Fane, and those are pretty new (and expensive style mats).

There's just usually a longer delay between the release of motifs and their addition to the master writ pool.

Just pointing out they're dropping early! (doing writs on 36 characters means lots of chances at master writs, so others may not have seen yet, since the pool is really large)

They're also dropping already in the 3 new Cyrodiil sets!
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    Options
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, I have three master writs already that require the Shield of Senchal style, which is also not available yet....
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks

The New Moon Priest Style is listed in the Journal > Lorebooks section for crafting motifs. I surmise that it was released with the Dragonhold DLC (Southern Elsweyr). Please consult PC-Mac Patch Notes v. 5.3.5 Dragonhold Update 24:
    New Motifs
    Dragonguard Motif chapters, as well as the associated style item Guilding Salts, are obtained from completing daily quests for the Dragonguard from Chizbari the Chipper and Dirge Truptor, Dragonguard Taskmasters.
    We may not see many, whether any, of the motifs in-game -- if only because only a few players currently participate in fulfilling the Dragonhold daily quests. Those that do might not be selling the motifs (if any) with which they are rewarded.

The patch notes do not specifically mention a New Moon Priest motif. However, New Moon Acolyte crafting stations were added. (IIRC, I have seen the attunables in a Guild Hall).

It has been a while since my own characters completed several Daily quests in Southern Elsweyr. I don't recall ever receiving any Crafting Motif when the character could loot a dead dragon. Neither were any Crafting Motifs included in any quest rewards.

In my experience, it is difficult to distinguish an event that is "rare" from one that never occurs. Your experience may differ. The Pseudorandom Number Generator does what it does, whether its usage is implemented correctly in the source code.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks

The New Moon Priest Style is listed in the Journal > Lorebooks section for crafting motifs. I surmise that it was released with the Dragonhold DLC (Southern Elsweyr). Please consult PC-Mac Patch Notes v. 5.3.5 Dragonhold Update 24:
    New Motifs
    Dragonguard Motif chapters, as well as the associated style item Guilding Salts, are obtained from completing daily quests for the Dragonguard from Chizbari the Chipper and Dirge Truptor, Dragonguard Taskmasters.
    We may not see many, whether any, of the motifs in-game -- if only because only a few players currently participate in fulfilling the Dragonhold daily quests. Those that do might not be selling the motifs (if any) with which they are rewarded.

The patch notes do not specifically mention a New Moon Priest motif. However, New Moon Acolyte crafting stations were added. (IIRC, I have seen the attunables in a Guild Hall).

It has been a while since my own characters completed several Daily quests in Southern Elsweyr. I don't recall ever receiving any Crafting Motif when the character could loot a dead dragon. Neither were any Crafting Motifs included in any quest rewards.

In my experience, it is difficult to distinguish an event that is "rare" from one that never occurs. Your experience may differ. The Pseudorandom Number Generator does what it does, whether its usage is implemented correctly in the source code.

Shield of Senchal will start dropping here on the 18th (if they enter the game at the same time as the crown store version, which is standard MO)

New Moon Priest will most likely be sometime in April, as they tend to stagger the motif releases for the prior patch over the course of a month in the newest patch.

They are both not currently in game. (I shouldn't have used a question mark, as I know they are not in game)
    Options