Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can't login to game. Can't submit an account recovery.

Rhandee235
Rhandee235
✭✭✭
Trying to take a keep in lagfest Cyrodiil.

New crash froze me in place (I was stuck in place but lots of animations continued around me, two team mates continuously yelled like they were attempting to break out of fear). Had to ALT-F4 to desktop. Game would not then launch. After the normal many tries because I was still logged in, and to check my internet (it was fine), the launcher gave me errors of not able to retrieve the news, and Error 200 (7:4:181:597).

I did a game repair, no help.

I tried to reinstall, and had a very hard time logging in to my account - eventually getting in. The game downloaded (extremely quickly, I thought) and the game will not launch. I got several errors that your website doesn't have the required security when trying to reach some ZOS help pages. I tried to submit this information on an account recovery help page once and it appeared to work briefly but just gave me a perpetual spinning black square (white interior) and a white-out page. I then tried to do it again with the same result.

Hopefully this will get through because you have no phone number that I can find.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering you are having issues with the game and the website I would suggest the issue is local. I checked and the website gave me no issues with the general areas like News, Store, and Account.

I see you did a repair and reinstalled the game. Have you restarted your PC? Restarting and repairing are the first steps to see if that rectifies the situation.

In the event that does not help @ZOS_BillE might have more information though I expect they are off for the day.

Edit: good luck. We all understand the frustration.
    Edited by idk on March 18, 2020 2:44AM
  • Rhandee235
    Rhandee235
    ✭✭✭
    Good news!!! After submitting this, and generating a game diagnostic report on the launcher - settings - about tab, I tried one more time. I am ingame.

This is inexplicable, but looks good for now. I did reset my computer several times during the evolution.

Thanks @idk for your prompt reply.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you are in-game.