Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of August 5:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO LUXURY FURNITURE VENDOR ITEMS – 2020/03/13

• Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    250k is waaaaay too much
    Options
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know how to preview these items on the PTS? Even the trees are so huge I'd like to see if they fit in.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windmill is placed at the Special Furnishings slot.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3 at Moonsugar Meadow

oUWjAgC.png

9QDVHWV.png

5p5P9zv.png

even with view from the entrance their silhouette is dominating the compound:

1cIeC4I.png

Despite the price I could not resist, but I think the price is too high, especially 1 week after the expensive greenhouses.

100.000 for a greenhouse already was a challenge for many, but a quarter million? C'mon...

Most people will not be able to afford them and will be very disappointed.

Paved paradise...
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody tried to place the windmill to the sky and does it look like a zeppelin when you do it?
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's a pricey windmill and I have nowhere to put it (no suggestions, please!).

Lovely trees, though. :)
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3 at Moonsugar Meadow

oUWjAgC.png

9QDVHWV.png

5p5P9zv.png

even with view from the entrance their silhouette is dominating the compound:

1cIeC4I.png

Despite the price I could not resist, but I think the price is too high, especially 1 week after the expensive greenhouses.

100.000 for a greenhouse already was a challenge for many, but a quarter million? C'mon...

Most people will not be able to afford them and will be very disappointed.

This is a case where the rich get richer and the poor get nothing. The rich will buy several of these and then sell them for millions on the trader later on, because there will be plenty of people that either can't afford it now, or others that missed out on them.

Some of these things don't really re-sell that well, from what I understand.

Most people were avoiding buying the greenhouses for resale, last week.

The potential profit tends to lie in the less expensive things, people need more of; like plants and trees.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    250k for a windmill?

You can buy a decent home for that kinda gold. And you can't even enter the damn thing.

LOL.
    Yep. It is way better to buy a cheaper house for that. Even if you don't plan to use it, at least you will have a "storage" space for furnitures you don't plan to use.

Offer good for top 24/7 guild traders who sit on billions and 250K gold them, is like 2.5 gold for us, regular mortals.

Edit:
    But at least Luxury Furniture Vendor sells something new. Last week we had new, never seen before Greenhouse.
    Gold vendor on the other hand sells the same crap, that already was at some point available prevoisly.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 14, 2020 9:27AM
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a huge intricate item, so I kind of get why they priced it like that, but the problem is it came one week after the (also expensive, and much sought-after) Alinor greenhouse so most people didn't have time to replenish their savings. I know they're releasing items in a thematic pattern, but I wish they'd taken into consideration the gold issue, and came out with something more affordable before the windmill in order to give us more time. Housing is end-game and all that, but some price control in back-to-back releases would be nice :)
    Edited by Jaimeh on March 14, 2020 9:27AM
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is about this windmill (aside from the price) is that it is in the brickwork colour and style of the rural Summerset houses.

The houses we don't, currently, have one of...
    Options
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted a windmill but I refuse to pay that kind of money for something that is just decorative. For the life of me I don't understand why housing is so expensive in this game it's supposed to be 'fun' and instead it's just a frustrating money sink.
    Options
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    Windmill

Windmill_2.png
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
    Options
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alas, too expensive for my in-game gold wallet after last weekend's greenhouse.

But I'm sure all those NPCs I murdered this week didn't die in vain; Zanil will surely have more nice stuff coming.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sengra wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to preview these items on the PTS? Even the trees are so huge I'd like to see if they fit in.

I'd assume you can just buy them from Zanil like on live, but don't have the PTS loaded anymore to check.

That said, the trees are a reasonable size. The sapling is quite small and would fit anywhere. The larger trees are on a scale of the wisteria last week, or the jester trees. The largest fit fine in my snowglobe.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    I wanted a windmill but I refuse to pay that kind of money for something that is just decorative. For the life of me I don't understand why housing is so expensive in this game it's supposed to be 'fun' and instead it's just a frustrating money sink.

Well, it's because it "just for fun". It doesn't provide any stats/etc - it's not a gameplay requirement. And for the lower-end players, there's the small houses and small furniture. At the high end, with the BIG houses, it's a toy for the rich - like IRL supercars/yachts/etc.

(seriously, to get any use out of that windmill at all, you need one of the giant bits of land. Shoving that into an Inn apartment would be kind of silly.... I should try that. :D )
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the blades were more to match the walls of the windmill, and that the internal was more usable. Then it's worth the same price as the Greenhouse.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    The thing is about this windmill (aside from the price) is that it is in the brickwork colour and style of the rural Summerset houses.

While it's true, this windmill looks good in Mathiisen. Light gray, dark gray and wooden brown match each other in both styles.
    iEBozHP.jpg
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »

Well, it's because it "just for fun". It doesn't provide any stats/etc - it's not a gameplay requirement. And for the lower-end players, there's the small houses and small furniture. At the high end, with the BIG houses, it's a toy for the rich - like IRL supercars/yachts/etc.

(seriously, to get any use out of that windmill at all, you need one of the giant bits of land. Shoving that into an Inn apartment would be kind of silly.... I should try that. :D )

Well, the Medium houses only cost 250K to 335K.

I'm leaving out the Argonian/Bosmer ones, here, as they're cheaper, but they're not really houses, as such...

So, the point is that this tiny windmill costs the same as an entire, medium sized house, including its grounds and 200/400 furniture allowance.

So, it's very expensive for a very small structure (relative to a house) you can't even enter and that has no grounds, or (extra) furnishing allowance of its own...

Especially as the garden, of the house it should reside in, doesn't even exist as player housing (yet).

Now, if it was a medium sized house, with (clear) windows and doors, that you could place on any existing plot in the game, then fair enough.

...but, it's not, it's a small windmill.

Super-rich player, or not, that is not good value.

Edited by Tigerseye on March 14, 2020 4:48PM
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »

While it's true, this windmill looks good in Mathiisen. Light gray, dark gray and wooden brown match each other in both styles.
    iEBozHP.jpg

Yeah, I can imagine it would.

Unforunately, I hate Mathiisen's layout (or lack of it!).
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkheart wrote: »
    Windmill

Windmill_2.png
    Huh...this reminds me of something...
    Pisa2.jpg
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought two of each of the smaller trees. Not sure where exactly I'll put them yet, but it's nice to have some bigger colourful plants to add to gardens, so many of the flowers are tiny...and crown store exclusive.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - snip -

Yet I think, ZOS should have made the windmill cheaper. More people would have been able to buy one "just in case" if it was a 100k - more gold sink that way. Costing as much as it does, only people with too much gold or an exact idea will mostly buy it.

If the price had been 100K or 150K I definitely would have purchased 2 or 3 windmills but at 250K I only bought one.
    Edited by Alinhbo_Tyaka on March 14, 2020 6:58PM
    Options
  • LeeNordTank
    LeeNordTank
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the Alinor Windmill
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There aren't any existing homes which really suit the windmill, which begs something Summerset and countryside'ish.

Options
  • Jawshoeuh
    Jawshoeuh
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    There aren't any existing homes which really suit the windmill, which begs something Summerset and countryside'ish.

Hunters Glade begs to differ :smile:
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

Yeah, I'm pondering whether I should get one, just in case they do release a rural Summerset retreat...
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    250.000?

no comment....

5 days of crafting basic writs on 12 characters.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Feindrah
    Feindrah
    ✭✭✭
    After getting two greenhouses last week, I think im gonna have to pass on the windmill. I think it's super cool it's just too much for what it is to me. Im so-so on the trees too, but I may pick up a couple just in case I change my mind later. I'm loving all the new stuff though!
    PC/NA
    Khajiit Magplar
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawshoeuh wrote: »
    Hunters Glade begs to differ :smile:

It can beg all it likes.

Seriously though I just watched a vid for it to refresh my memory and haven't changed my mind.
    Yeah, I'm pondering whether I should get one, just in case they do release a rural Summerset retreat...

I vaguely remember some Elsweyr big structures being put on the luxury vendor before Moonsugar Meadow was released and just checked. Yeah, that happened.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/487781/eso-luxury-furniture-vendor-items-2019-08-02

August 2 - Elsweyr structures

August 29 - Meadow released

But there were wiki entries for the Meadow going back to mid July. So we knew it was coming. It wasn't a total surprise.

https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=Online:Moon-Sugar_Meadow&action=history

Maybe they're considering another Summerset property of some kind. The glasshouse and now this are odd offerings given the lack of anywhere they really belong. The glasshouses don't look totally out of place with the psijic villa, but the windmills are definitely more of a countryside thing.

I ended up buying one glasshouse, placing it somewhere to check it out and decided to pass on buying more. And the windmill's definitely not for more. Has more of a rural Bavarian than elven vibe.
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the blades look quite Dunmer. It's far too expensive for what it is. 150000 tops would be fair. It needs a matching house although I think it will look good in some existing homes. I love the trees, I saw the red one in the world the other day and wished it was sold so happy for that.I might get a windmill but it's killing my savings, I'm trying to buy Daggerfall Overlook with gold.
    Options