The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nerf MagDK

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    No. F***ing no. Finally mag dk has a unique build for magicka. It feels special. thats how all classes should be. every class should feel unique, with their own options. Make all classes and specs unique like you did with mag dk.

Edit: i dont even play my mag dk.

This is never going to happen however. It is only going downward from now on. So unfortunately, it has to go.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Scott1992
    Scott1992
    And nerf mag dks why? They hit 90kish dps but so do necros and stamina Templar’s, you can hit 88k with sorc and mag nightblades (plus a op execute)

For once Pve dps is pretty balanced if you have the time to learn the class.
    If anything I’d say it’s given people more of a chance to play a mag Dk, and allowed the option for people play more classes ,instead of all top end groups just being Stacked with magblades and necros.
    Edited by Scott1992 on March 14, 2020 7:55PM
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf sorc
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the game first
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I thought only pvpers cry for nerfs :D
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scott1992 wrote: »
    And nerf mag dks why? They hit 90kish dps but so do necros and stamina Templar’s, you can hit 88k with sorc and mag nightblades (plus a op execute)

For once Pve dps is pretty balanced if you have the time to learn the class.
    If anything I’d say it’s given people more of a chance to play a mag Dk, and allowed the option for people play more classes ,instead of all top end groups just being Stacked with magblades and necros.

Without taking sides, I'll be the devil's advocate and will say that you won't hit that on magblade as easily as you'll hit it on mDK, and stamplar's 96k is mostly jab spam. From that point of view, the game's not really balanced, because what's the point in tackling dynamic rotation (where things don't line up and procs' reliability heavily depends on ping) when you can easily get more with a braindead one on a different class.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    kojou wrote: »

And Elf Bane

Elf bane is optional since only one dk can use Burning Talons and the rest doesnt get as much out of it.

Can you explain? I don't follow your logic as to why only one DK would get the benefit of talons.
    Playing since beta...
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can you explain? I don't follow your logic as to why only one DK would get the benefit of talons.

I´ve been told by the People that played magdk in my Group ( I played magcro for colossus) that Burning Talons from different People dont stack, just like Backlash and Morphs from different People didnt used to stack.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hands offfff that little bit of class uniqueness!!!! As others said: We (as in ALL classes) need MORE of it, not less.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • AzurasDaddy
    AzurasDaddy
    ✭✭✭
    MagDK been getting crapped on for months by ZOS. We finally get something shiny and people already crying 🤣

Sure, make N us borderline E useless in PvE again, but R give us our good F wings back, S harder hitting dots O that actually perform R for their cost, better C mobility, a class purge, and increase our skill ranges.

Edit: Imma need an execute too frfr
    Edited by AzurasDaddy on March 18, 2020 9:28AM
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not another nerd thread.
    Zos has already indicated they are done with class balancing.

Rather than asking for nerfs, I recommend you get good with you're preferred class. This will allow you to get better vs asking for the game and classes to be worse.

You will never be a good player by asking for nerfs
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    Not another nerd thread.
    Zos has already indicated they are done with class balancing.

Rather than asking for nerfs, I recommend you get good with you're preferred class. This will allow you to get better vs asking for the game and classes to be worse.

You will never be a good player by asking for nerfs

Second half of the quote aside, I don't think ZOS claimed anything of that sort. Instead, balancing is ongoing, overhauls are still coming up.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bahahaaa nerf mag dk lmao these forums sometimes
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bahahaaa nerf mag dk lmao these forums sometimes

Fo Sho. I’ve been playing all mag and MagDK is harder to play then I thought, I’m pretty bad at it. The people who are doing well are just good players.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ApexInterfectum
    ApexInterfectum
    Soul Shriven
    The MagDK doesnt need a nerf. The more the devs mess with the characters the worse they make them. Its getting really old having to change my build every time they roll an update. Please stop catering to the casual players so much.
    - Apex
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Rather buff and make other classes more fun to enjoy!
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

I´ve been told by the People that played magdk in my Group ( I played magcro for colossus) that Burning Talons from different People dont stack, just like Backlash and Morphs from different People didnt used to stack.

If this is true, then it must be a bug and fixed. I would tag someone from ZOS if I knew how to see if we could get official response from them one way or the other.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two different morphs stack. If you saw the same skill then somebody could have hit the ignite synergy.
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that MagDK is absurdly strong but only 1vs1. Also its because of dumb idea of unused stamina since he is mag (block and heal himself), so a lot of his strenghts comes from bad game design. Also he is biggest pain for vampires and generally NB.