Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerf MagDK

• Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...... I’m running pfg, ms, Zaan with vma back bar on my mag dk. What am I missing?
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    MusCanus wrote: »
    Can't say anything about PVE balance, but MagDKs are the coolest looking class imo with its fire, wings and whips. Their visuals are OP for sure.

Careful, dont want their looks nerfed

Too late. They already made the animations worse, either when consoles came out or the year after... can’t remember exactly

rip decibel
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So...... I’m running pfg, ms, Zaan with vma back bar on my mag dk. What am I missing?

Perfected Asylum staff.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    We don't take kindly to nerf threads that aren't about magsorc around here, feller.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS just close it... If the thread is requesting for a class to be nerfed, it needs to be closed!!!

Have we learnt nothing... It ruins everything in the long run. There's no way you can be anticipating a constructive conversation where someone wants something to be nerfed because they are *** at the game!

They should close it with a "learn to play" stamp!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by relentless_turnip on March 12, 2020 9:14PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf Mag DK? Is this a joke?

It has to be. Only people who tie their self-worth to ESO scoreboards would care about someone's DPS in PVE being too high
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf Mag DK? Is this a joke?

It has to be. Only people who tie their self-worth to ESO scoreboards would care about someone's DPS in PVE being too high

Nah, those People would create a magdk if they dont have one already^^.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    MagDK is horrible in PVP

No it's not. It's not the best either but it can be fun.

Open world it's horrible, Sure you can zerg with it and 1v1 with it.

If you can 1v1 with it, you can 1vX with it. All a 1vX is, is a bunch of 1v1’s.

Now it ain’t ez mode. You can’t run a crutch tank build and face tank a bunch of pugs. You won’t have the damage.And... you got to run DAMAGE.

You got to kite and fight. You can’t line of sight in circles and build your fury stacks like on a ez mode StamDK. You run, turn, burst. Run, turn, burst. Same AS a StamDK I suppose. But you have to kite better and fight better. It’s harder but way more rewarding.

MagDk ain’t the meta PvP class. You want that, run a Magplar. Run a Necro. Run a StamDK. You want to dig deep and fight for everything you get out of your class in PvP? Roll MagDk.
  • Wishingstaff
    Wishingstaff
    ✭✭
    I strongly disagree, I would like a DK buff if anything. No to nerfs.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There’s nothing wrong with MagDK, and it also doesn’t need nerfs.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    MusCanus wrote: »
    Can't say anything about PVE balance, but MagDKs are the coolest looking class imo with its fire, wings and whips. Their visuals are OP for sure.

Careful, dont want their looks nerfed

New patch notes: Magdk wing visuals changed to paper and sticks, fire breath is now a fog breath, and the burning embers attack visuals are now toned down by 85%.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Perfected Asylum staff.

And Elf Bane
    Playing since beta...
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    magdks like already *** in pvp
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Squidgaurd wrote: »

As stated before they can be good in pvp played right. Just today I captured points in crazy king solo vs 2-3 other people at once as Magdk. Not claiming to be a magdk expert, but it looks like I stumbled on something nice by chance.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

And Elf Bane

Elf bane is optional since only one dk can use Burning Talons and the rest doesnt get as much out of it.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

As stated before they can be good in pvp played right. Just today I captured points in crazy king solo vs 2-3 other people at once as Magdk. Not claiming to be a magdk expert, but it looks like I stumbled on something nice by chance.

Yea, MagDK is good in pvp. The only issue I’ve found is death matches where all your kills get stolen, but overall it’s aa okay class.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 13, 2020 9:51PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Yea, MagDK is good in pvp. The only issue I’ve found is death matches where all your kills get stolen, but overall it’s aa okay class.

Kill stealing is a flaw in how BG are scored, not a flaw in magdk. it's honestly hard to believe someone at ZOS thought the way it works now is ok.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Kill stealing is a flaw in how BG are scored, not a flaw in magdk. it's honestly hard to believe someone at ZOS thought the way it works now is ok.

Well if it was just damage done it’d be all dots and aoe. Outside the sorc execute it works okay, fighting a team of magsorcs when you get a wussy or glassy team who’s afraid to push sucks. In a lot of games with good players you can push them to their spawn and take away their maneuverability, but it requires a good team comp.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye the way to the OP. Burning embers applies the burning status affect every time to an enemy. So a DK doesnt have to run that set item. I still fail to see how they are OVer powered. Which then in turn destroys your logic of the class needing to be nerfd due to asylum staff when mdk gets burning status affect from embers anyways. Unless I have failed to see what you mean then by all means please clarify. Thank you

Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on March 14, 2020 12:56AM
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    Can you guys tell me why perfect asylum staff is good on mag dk? i can understand the elf bane but why the staff?

Also which is third set for this build? MS or False god or siroria?
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "a piece of gear is OP please nerf the class and not the gear" is certainly a logical argument!
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Icaruzs wrote: »
    Can you guys tell me why perfect asylum staff is good on mag dk? i can understand the elf bane but why the staff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnYMg2vcZd4
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Icaruzs wrote: »

Asylum staff (only perfected) is really good on magdk because of the combustion passive. You proc Burning every 2 force pulses Minimum so you get insane Sustain from it and Burning will be your 2nd highest dps on any single target because combustion also increases the Burning Damage.
    Third set is situational, you can go Grothdar + 3 false god for AoE, Zaan + 3 false god for single target or 5 siroria and no Monster set in a fight like the fire Dragon in sunspire since you cant proc zaan but you can stack siroria. Even Elf Bane is somewhat situational since in a Trial context only 1 dk can use Burning Talons and without those elf bane is quite a bit weaker.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there any reason to use force pulse on magdk at all without the asylum staff? cuz the whip morph which stacks bonus damage and spell damage is already amazing.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there any reason to use force pulse on magdk at all without the asylum staff? cuz the whip morph which stacks bonus damage and spell damage is already amazing.

Only reason I can think of is being in vet Asylum hm where you Need some sort of ranged spammable.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Only reason would be if you want to be ranged. Force pulse is the best ranged spammable.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, only nerf sorc and nerf NB threads are allowed here.

is it possible to destroy magblade even more ? any change would be a buff at this point :D
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    It’s obviously over performing in PvE. On behalf of St. Olms, Rakkhat and Z’Maja please stop the fire.

No. St. Olms, Rakkhat and Z’Maja are all saying ZOS ruined the game enough with the dumb nerfs and we're tired of being burst down by cookie-cutter DPS templates where every class runs the same gear.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how much better than other classes are we actually talking about here?

The only odd thing is that, considering magDK were already top notch last patch, ZOS somehow decided to buff Elf Bane.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their damage and sustain could use some tuning. Both is overperforming.
    So it is mostly due to some of their passives overperforming. The rest is fine.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.