Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A possible way to install?

Naughty_Ryder
Naughty_Ryder
✭✭✭
Hello!

I am trying to install the game on my MacBook Pro, which has a 121GB Flash Drive... When I attempt to install the game It says 134 GB Required/ 104 GB Available. I know there is not enough storage space, but would the game be smaller in size once installed? Is there a way around this or what? :neutral: Or can I simply not play the game on this computer?
If I click 'Install' I get a box pop up saying 'You do not have enough free hard drive space to fully patch the elder scrolls online after installation! Do you wish to continue?' < Not sure if this is a good thing regarding installation/ patching as they are 2 different things? Could I install first and patch later? Help me xD
Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. First, On the Mac, there are Voice Paks that are not needed that you can delete after install. And the installer wants double the space to install.

So, you could install to an external drive, then move the game to the main drive. The installed size is about half what is needed to install.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Yes. First, On the Mac, there are Voice Paks that are not needed that you can delete after install. And the installer wants double the space to install.

So, you could install to an external drive, then move the game to the main drive. The installed size is about half what is needed to install.

I don't have an external drive :neutral:
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One you could borrow?

I would say buy one, but cloning your existing drive to an larger SSD is super easy. I would go that route. It does irk me the installer wants so much room. I don't think it really needs it.

Or, a USB drive, although 256GB ones are not cheap

• Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    One you could borrow?

I would say buy one, but cloning your existing drive to an larger SSD is super easy. I would go that route. It does irk me the installer wants so much room. I don't think it really needs it.

Or, a USB drive, although 256GB ones are not cheap

I have a dead laptop which has a 750GB HDD, could i some how use that even though it is dead? Lol

I’m sure the battery and charger are gone on it but who knows?

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, get an external case for the drive, 2.5 inch should be the size. These things are pretty cheap.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something like this

ORICO USB3.0 to SATA III 2.5" External Hard Drive Enclosure for 7mm and 9.5mm 2.5 Inch SATA HDD/SSD Tool Free [UASP Supported] Black(2189U3) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M08LCXW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TDsAEbY8CHCJ5

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to access the drive through a plate on the bottom of your laptop. Search youtube for the model of your laptop and hard drive replacement to get exact location

You have about 5 minutes of work ahead of you.😃
    Edited by Nestor on March 11, 2020 6:04PM

• Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to access the drive through a plate on the bottom of your laptop. Search youtube for the model of your laptop and hard drive replacement to get exact location

You have about 5 minutes of work ahead of you.😃

Oh, thank you hehe

• demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    The actual size of the game is ~71GBs.

The installer is a programming tragedy, as is the launcher. Game still registers Mouse/Keyboard input and displays colors so, by ZoS standards, it's a-ok ready for global launch.

Excuse my rambling, if you got a MacBook for ESO I got bad news for you.
    Edited by demerdecanswrath on March 12, 2020 6:49PM
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.