The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

236 Attuned Crafting Stations < 4 multi-attunable stations

ziggr
ziggr
✭✭✭
Please may we have single, multi-attunable, crafting stations that can be taught all 59 sets? This year? When Greymoor adds its sets?

Harrowstorm added 3 more craftable sets. Greymoor will likely add 3 more. 59 sets total, or 4x56=236 attunable crafting stations in our crafting halls.

So many furnishing slots and square meters devoted to crafting that our stations wind their way all around the house, up stairs, down halls, gridded out on giant factory floors, and spun out into spirals and circles. I sometimes enjoyed finding clever ways to cram all these stations into a home. Not anymore.

• karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...or one can add more floor space. this one has greatly expanded his pariah's in order to accommodate his growing collection of crafting stations (30 sets worth at the moment) by adding 31 ancient rectangular elsweyr platforms.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • ziggr
    ziggr
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, this is exactly what I plant to do for Greymoor if we don't get multi-attunable tables. Lay out a giant flat area with platforms in Grand Psijic or Grand Topal with no other decor, then put all 236 tables in a giant circle around the entry portal.

I and my guildies will all miss our beautiful garden landscaping in the Linchal Grand Manor.
    ...or one can add more floor space. this one has greatly expanded his pariah's in order to accommodate his growing collection of crafting stations (30 sets worth at the moment) by adding 31 ancient rectangular elsweyr platforms.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iirc there were players who had built a floor and placed crafting stations on it awhile back. There were issues that I cannot recall the specifics but I think they would not hold their place on the fake floor or interact with them was a problem. The issue was after leaving and coming back to the home/maybe logging out and back in as well.

So test it before going all out.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of people, myself included, have asked for this for a long time in the crafting and housing forums, repeatedly.
    No answer, as in this is something they would like to implement in the future, or don't want to do because of reasons, or anything.

I dislike having lots of crafting stations in my houses. I would work more on vouchers to make multiple attunements if I would be able to have such stations.

My proposal is to have such a station account bound, and each attunement to be an achievement. So you can place this station in all your homes, like the busts. After all their cost is quite high.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this 4 super stations idea is the best and most feasible solution for the attunable clutter, which is only getting worse with each update.
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What if we turned things around completely.
    Instead of attunable stations, you attune your toon to the set. Then all your alts can craft that set at any table.

This would make actually hiking out to the site important, at least once per server. It would also solve the problem of too many (ugly basic looking rickety) tables. Existing tables could be consumed by the owners to check off having attuned to the set.

It would also mean that if you don't have DLC/Expansion access to a set, you can't attune to it and can't also go to someone's house to use it. Someone would have to craft it for you.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on March 5, 2020 8:19AM
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ziggr wrote: »
    Please may we have single, multi-attunable, crafting stations that can be taught all 59 sets? This year? When Greymoor adds its sets?

Harrowstorm added 3 more craftable sets. Greymoor will likely add 3 more. 59 sets total, or 4x56=236 attunable crafting stations in our crafting halls.

So many furnishing slots and square meters devoted to crafting that our stations wind their way all around the house, up stairs, down halls, gridded out on giant factory floors, and spun out into spirals and circles. I sometimes enjoyed finding clever ways to cram all these stations into a home. Not anymore.

While i dont reject the idea i think it was ment to just atune Imperial City and and lately Cyrodill stations. Any other is easy to reach by a level 1.
    Edited by mague on March 5, 2020 8:36AM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    While i dont reject the idea i think it was ment to just atune Imperial City and and lately Cyrodill stations. Any other is easy to reach by a level 1.

In that case the devs would have made stations attuned for those specific locations only, purchasable with AP/tel var/vouchers.

Instead they created long term grinds for crafting enthusiasts and guilds, which is a good thing, but we are now facing a space/item count issue.

In my guild, the grand master crafter has an amazing crafting hall, with all the stations sorted in alphabetical order, and with index letters hovering above the rows of stations. It is very easy to do writs, much easier than any other crafting halls I have tried, but even in this hall it is annoying to find your way through so many crafting stations (this is mostly the case when you do many writs).

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please.

People have been asking for this for years.

I think ZOS think that people won't buy the biggest houses, as guild houses, if they don't need to, to put these things in, but I'm not sure that is true.

As any (serious) guild wants a nice, big, guild house anyway and consolidating the tables would mean there were many more slots left for actual furnishings.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, one of the best places to use (in my opinion), while we are stuck with this ridiculous system, is Grand Topal Hideaway:

fEktIH1.png

ARBVt4k.png

Loads of room and you may as well have a nice view, while you do your writs and the soothing sound of crashing waves, as you run around trying to find the right table... :smile:

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Instead of attunable stations, you attune your toon to the set. Then all your alts can craft that set at any table.

This would make actually hiking out to the site important, at least once per server. It would also solve the problem of too many (ugly basic looking rickety) tables. Existing tables could be consumed by the owners to check off having attuned to the set.

It would also mean that if you don't have DLC/Expansion access to a set, you can't attune to it and can't also go to someone's house to use it. Someone would have to craft it for you.

I absolutely love this idea, apart from possibly the last part, which seems a little harsh, maybe?

On balance, I would probably go for a voucher, or token, system.

Where you take your voucher/token out to the set, attune it and then return to your home to add it to your (single) table.

Then anyone you give permission to can come and use your table, in your home.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

I absolutely love this idea, apart from possibly the last part, which seems a little harsh, maybe?

You mean asking someone to craft something for you if you can't access a set?
    The actual need to craft any particular set is generally limited to master writs. There ae tons of "trash" sets no one really uses -- except to fulfil a master writ.
    And master writs can be non-fulfillable for other reasons, such as not having the correct motif for the correct body part. So you'd just sell that writ or trade it away, just like any other writ you don't want or can't fulfill.

I think the harshest part of this would be not being able to just go to someone's house for set access -- which really means individuals wanting convenience will have to do a pile of your own master writs in order to get Vouchers to attune to the various stations, or spend a lot of gold buying those items. (Assuming that vouchers are still used to get whatever item is used to attune you to the set).

By turning it around to attune accounts to the set, we would be making everyone spend on sets instead of just a comparative few people building a factory.

But we also then destroy the whole idea of guild crafting halls. Would losing that concept be a big deal, now that it's so embedded in the game?
    I think getting people to run around again to set locations might be good for the game. Makes those locations actually visited for a change.

• Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where you take your voucher/token out to the set, attune it and then return to your home to add it to your (single) table.

The voucher system or whatever someone wants to call it is already in place more or less. I think all ZOS would need to do is use the existing attunement mechanism and extend it to allow the option of merging an attunable station with another crafting station. That other station could be another attunable station, a new master station or the good old vanilla crafting station. Making it an option would accommodate those players that like huge crafting areas to keep them and those that wish to free up housing spaces to merge them. Also by using the existing process you would not negate a player's investment to obtain attunable stations.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So existing tables are used by the owners to learn the set and then what? They spent over 59k Writ Vouchers on those tables and they get nothing back for using them that way; they can't even use the table as a decoration anymore with your system and it deprives them of a massive amount of time spent sinking into things like that for something everyone else gets to do by just visiting a location.

I know this won't be anyone's favorite idea but I wouldn't mind a crown store home/estate type thing that just... came with a switchable attuned crafting area. You spend real money to guarantee that from when you buy the house until the games end you own every attunable crafting station. Every new station would get added to the house automatically making it's value for crowns VS gold/space slots pretty high imo.

Attunable Stations are 250 Writs and sell for around 150k which is around 600g a writ. I'll be nice in my hypothetical and size that down to 400g instead. If it costs you 14000 writs (250x56 current craftable sets) for one full set of Clothier, then that's 56,000 Writs for a full attuned crafting set house. So we can round that to about 22 mil to get these all.

So if they added a crown house like this it could be the current cap limit of 15k crowns but in current gold conversion it'd be immediately worth 110,000 crowns if you were to sell the amount of crown required to immediately purchase and obtain every attunable station.

I also think the house could just have these stations built in like Forgemaster Falls now does in a craft building with a unique UI for it. I do not think this would become the de-facto guild hall for anything but trade guilds as it's never made sense to me that my casual PVE/PvP/Trial guild needs every set in the game to be craftable. After all only so many craftable sets are actually useful tbh, and those are what I'd expect to see in non-trade guilds on my end.

The house itself would not be limited time only; it'd be absolutely permanent in the store for any newcomers to purchase that want to offer that type of service to their up and coming guild. I feel like this solution is also a more appealing one for ZOS to take as it finally grants us a manor with massive benefits and can help them drive sales for all the effort put in to creating the UI like this.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the multi-set atunable stations are players willing to pay 2-3 times the cost per station and have none of their current stations adaptable to the multi-set design?

Serious question because that is how it would be of Zos were to make it happen.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So existing tables are used by the owners to learn the set and then what?

If we were to switch to making everyone attune to a set, existing tables would essentially get refunded.
    The actual cost of attuning a set to an account would have to be determined. 1000 and not being able to share that benefit would be too much.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on March 5, 2020 8:43PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The actual need to craft any particular set is generally limited to master writs. There ae tons of "trash" sets no one really uses -- except to fulfil a master writ.
    And master writs can be non-fulfillable for other reasons, such as not having the correct motif for the correct body part. So you'd just sell that writ or trade it away, just like any other writ you don't want or can't fulfill.

I think the harshest part of this would be not being able to just go to someone's house for set access -- which really means individuals wanting convenience will have to do a pile of your own master writs in order to get Vouchers to attune to the various stations, or spend a lot of gold buying those items. (Assuming that vouchers are still used to get whatever item is used to attune you to the set).

By turning it around to attune accounts to the set, we would be making everyone spend on sets instead of just a comparative few people building a factory.

But we also then destroy the whole idea of guild crafting halls. Would losing that concept be a big deal, now that it's so embedded in the game?
    I think getting people to run around again to set locations might be good for the game. Makes those locations actually visited for a change.

Not a fan of your idea. There are players who won't have access to various DLC areas or players will make it very difficult for them to get to the IC sets. And, they have to grind all their own vouchers? Not everyone plays on PC and has Lazy Writ Crafter to make farming MWs so easy.

Guilds have invested a lot of gold/vouchers into these guild halls. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. A better solution is the uber-attunable stations. I think that these would cost a set amount of vouchers, say 1000? And then, you still need to buy individual attunables to feed into them. Or, they could just make them tokens moving forward, but old ones can be fed into them.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Not a fan of your idea. There are players who won't have access to various DLC areas or players will make it very difficult for them to get to the IC sets. And, they have to grind all their own vouchers? Not everyone plays on PC and has Lazy Writ Crafter to make farming MWs so easy.

Guilds have invested a lot of gold/vouchers into these guild halls. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. A better solution is the uber-attunable stations. I think that these would cost a set amount of vouchers, say 1000? And then, you still need to buy individual attunables to feed into them. Or, they could just make them tokens moving forward, but old ones can be fed into them.

Not everyone needs access to 50+ sets all the time either.
    The cost of the attunable stations is keyed to sharing them, not individual use. So for individual attunement, 1000 per set would be way too much.

If we completely discount Lazy Writ Crafter, then realistically people wouldn't have a half dozen or more writs from their crafters each week either, further reducing the need for ready access to a large number of set stations localized in one house.
    If we allowed for Lazy Writ Crafter, then people would probably have enough vouchers from crafts that don't involve sets to help fund the attunement.

And of course the cost of attunement would have to be adjusted for the fact that it couldn't be shared anymore. If you had to pay say 10 vouchers to avoid walking more than once to a set located the game world -- and that benefit were spread to all your alts -- is that so much? The cost can definitely be adjusted to the utility.

The main thing people would lose by individualizing set attunement is to social aspect of, for example, a guild contributing vouchers to fully stock a guild hall with set tables.

As far as programming goes however, it may be easier to adjust the crafting tables. But I think even going that route, somewhere along the way they are going to also have to record who knows what sets so that the information can be available at their house where the crafting table can access to make the set available for crafting.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on March 6, 2020 1:44AM
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we were to switch to making everyone attune to a set, existing tables would essentially get refunded.
    The actual cost of attuning a set to an account would have to be determined. 1000 and not being able to share that benefit would be too much.

Refunding them in any capacity would nuke the economy in ways that have almost no good outcome. You refund the writs and now people are floating around with the aforementioned 56k writs per craft house or an incredibly high amount of gold. It's just not a very good outcome for the health of the game.
    Edited by Kittytravel on March 7, 2020 7:51PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an idea, and will help with decorating too.

They offer a Master Craft Station that pulls from all the Attuned Stations that are in your house. One for each Gear type.

The beauty would be is you could toss all the stations into a room, or even push them below the floor if you wanted. Since you would not have to activate the individual stations, it does not matter where they are.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Here is an idea, and will help with decorating too.

They offer a Master Craft Station that pulls from all the Attuned Stations that are in your house. One for each Gear type.

The beauty would be is you could toss all the stations into a room, or even push them below the floor if you wanted. Since you would not have to activate the individual stations, it does not matter where they are.

The only concern I would have with that is the tables still take up item slots in the house. Freeing up item slots is one of the reasons folks are requesting a way to consolidate them into one object.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, I mean not being able to use the set table in the guild hall, or at a friend's house, if you didn't have the chapter.

...or in fact, at all, maybe.

Well, yes and there are lots of other reasons to have a guild hall, anyway - training dummies, Mundus Stones, the social aspect of being able to gather together more players at one time (relatively speaking, at least).

However, I still think, unless the character attunement idea also allowed people to still use other people's attuned tables, the compromise solution would be the voucher/token system.

As lots of new (and not so new) players still wouldn't have access to any/most of the sets, for quite a while.

So, with a voucher/token system, you would be making it possible for people, without a Manor/Notable house, to collect all the sets, but not ruling out the importance of the guild hall idea, for crafting, for most people.

Buying a big house (especially with gold) is normally the least of your worries, when it comes to acquiring attunable stations, anyway.

What stands in many people's way is not that, but having enough gold/crafters to be able to buy all the attunable stations, themselves.

For example, I'm not even a new player, at this point and I have several houses that are big enough for all the sets (including Grand Topal), but don't have any attunable stations set up, because I:

1. Don't want to clutter my houses up with them.
    2. Don't want to waste that many (precious) furnishing slots.
    3. Can't be bothered to level and use multiple crafters, every day, to do writs to get endless attunable stations.
    4. Can't afford the gold required to buy endless attunable statons.
    5. Still have other things I need to buy with writ vouchers (and more on the way, presumably!).
    6. Find it easier to just visit a guild hall/friend's house to use the stations there.

Yes, problems 1 and 2 would be solved with this proposed token/voucher system and I might, very gradually, start adding a few attunable multi-set stations to one of my own homes, if it happened.

However, I estimate it would take me, approximately, 500 years(!) to get all the current sets, let alone the upcoming ones.

So, unless I am a total outlier, here, there would be no imminent danger of guild halls dying due to a consolidation of tables.

As long as everyone could still use them.

If anything, I think what makes guild halls less popular than they could be, is that there is no "Visit Guild Hall" button, anywhere.

So, newer players, who aren't avid readers of guild home pages, have no idea they even exist.

For a while, at least.

As I say, I like your solution (where you attune your crafting character, rather than a table/token), in theory.

Up until the part where you realise you wouldn't be able to use someone else's attuned tables, while you were working on gradually attuning your char, because they would no longer exist!

That is the point where I just think it would become too exclusionary, for too many people, for too long, to be fun.
    Edited by Tigerseye on March 6, 2020 7:36PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The voucher system or whatever someone wants to call it is already in place more or less. I think all ZOS would need to do is use the existing attunement mechanism and extend it to allow the option of merging an attunable station with another crafting station. That other station could be another attunable station, a new master station or the good old vanilla crafting station. Making it an option would accommodate those players that like huge crafting areas to keep them and those that wish to free up housing spaces to merge them. Also by using the existing process you would not negate a player's investment to obtain attunable stations.

Yes, that would be fair enough, too.

Whatever is the easiest to allow people to consolidate, while leaving other people free to keep their multiple station system, if they prefer.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of those 59 sets are junk sets that are available in free zones anyway. Attuning is a convenience thing. If you're a crafter, no one is going to ask you to make most of these sets anyway so why attune them? I get that the sets in dlc, or in pvp zones (which tables have the added ever-present possibility of being griefed) may be required for sealed master writs, so I understand that but many others are easy enough to get to. I'm just saying that we could be helping ourselves too by being a little more selective.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on March 6, 2020 7:19PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    With the multi-set atunable stations are players willing to pay 2-3 times the cost per station and have none of their current stations adaptable to the multi-set design?

They could try, but then we would complain.

They should just make it a (minor) selling point of an upcoming chapter/DLC.

This is the sort of QOL improvement that should just happen, as the need arises, to make the game more playable (and less, needlessly, odd).

The truth is, it should never have been designed like this, in the first place.

I think they know that.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could try, but then we would complain.

They should just make it a (minor) selling point of an upcoming chapter/DLC.

This is the sort of QOL improvement that should just happen, as the need arises, to make the game more playable (and less, needlessly, odd).

The truth is, it should never have been designed like this, in the first place.

I think they know that.

I agree, bad design. But it wouldn't be the cost of the table. More to the point, pay a nominal (or no) fee for the table itself, then pay for each set as it is added to that table. This is how I understand the proposed concept.

Oh yeah and they could add existing tables to this if they wanted. Seems to me that this could be done.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on March 6, 2020 7:38PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of those 59 sets are junk sets that are available in free zones anyway. Attuning is a convenience thing. If you're a crafter, no one is going to ask you to make most of these sets anyway so why attune them? I get that the sets in dlc, or in pvp zones (which tables have the added ever-present possibility of being griefed) may be required for sealed master writs, so I understand that but many others are easy enough to get to. I'm just saying that we could be helping ourselves too by being a little more selective.

Yeah, the idea - especially for guild halls - is to have every set available, placed in alphabetical order, for doing master writs quickly and easily.

Not so much for crafting armour/weaps to use.

But, yes, if you are a not running a guild hall and only have one crafter, you could just get the commonly used set ones.

Although, again, that is kind of negated, once you are in a guild (and/or have a friend) that has all of them, already and don't want to fill your home with, even a relative few, set stations.

If there was a "home"* that looked more like a (not unpleasant) ready-built giant workshop, with labelled alphabetical areas, that just automatically added sets to the right alphabetical area, as you got them and those areas expanded as needed, maybe there would be more inclination to fill it with endless tables?

But, otherwise, it just feels like a great way to ruin a nice home and make a lot of busy work for yourself, by having to shift tables around, forever, when you get another set beginning with anything other than Z.

So, unless they are a guild leader, most people aren't going to bother.

*Or, perhaps, a ready-made building/platform (you could choose which) you could add to any existing home.
    Edited by Tigerseye on March 7, 2020 7:31AM
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be in favor of an all inclusive upgradeable crafting station. Lets call it an "Master Craft Table". If you buy the "Master Craft Woodworking Table" you can upgrade it with the Julianos set, provided you have an attuned julianos woodworking table in your inventory. Upgrading the Master Craft Table to include julianos would require some Unification Resin purchasable at the master writ vendor and it will destroy the table in the process. This would give master writs some more use and provide a fancy table to upgrade. That would be my approach to it. This would allow those that want to build their ultimate table to do so, but it is completely not necessary as the tables can function as they have before.

Cost of each Master Craft Table 2500 vouchers
    Cost of Unification Resin to upgrade the table 50 vouchers per table. (200 total per set)
    Total upgrade cost 21,800. (10,000 for the tables and 11,800 for all sets )
    Not necessary to do, but with the growing surplus of vouchers, this would help sink some of them.

But a simple purchasable all inclusive table would be pointless to those that have invested thousands of writs to get tables.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on March 7, 2020 7:56PM
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could sell in Crown Store/Writ Vendor an ability to add more craft sets to your attunable table.

Or maybe have a 5 or 10 craft set ability, for one table only (like a Blacksmith table). That way you just keep adding on to your attunable. Maybe even make a 5 or 10 or more attunable so you have to purchase more than one table.

There is a way, Z. Think about it.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iirc there were players who had built a floor and placed crafting stations on it awhile back. There were issues that I cannot recall the specifics but I think they would not hold their place on the fake floor or interact with them was a problem. The issue was after leaving and coming back to the home/maybe logging out and back in as well.

So test it before going all out.

Our guild does exactly this and it works fine. My GM made a giant floor behind the Elihnar Arena over the lava and it all works fine. Currently have a little over half the available sets.