NEXT EVENT: Jester’s Festival - March 26 to April 2

DragonRacer
DragonRacer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, I know we're all a bit more distracted by higher priorities right now, like PC constantly crashing since Update 25 and the impending doom of that coming to consoles March 10th.

But in amongst this, for folks who tend to ask "when is the next event", this month's Crown Store showcase article revealed the next event date: Jester’s Festival, from March 26 to April 2 at 10am EDT

Details to come on number of daily tickets you can earn and what sort of potential baubles will be in the reward coffers, but if the event remains mostly the same as years past, new folks should prepare to visit Vulkhel Guard in Auridon, Daggerfall in Glenumbra, and Ebonheart in Stonefalls for the Jester's tents just outside those cities to pick up the daily quests. If you're in a guild, use the guild roster to travel to players on the maps you need for free wayshrines.

It's safe to assume the final Spectral Indrik berry will be available during this. Plus the 4 feathers to create the Nascent Indrik, which are always an event regular item.

EDIT: Corrected location of Stonefalls jester tent.
Edited by DragonRacer on March 2, 2020 6:09PM
PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yearly pie restock!
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, thanks for the heads-up! :)
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Need... to... get that title

"Empieror" :joy:
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This year will also see the return of Cadwell's Kitchen style pages - first available from dailies (or purchasable with event tickets) in the 2019 Jester event. Since one of the jester event achievements is the "Empieror", I'm assuming that mudpie collectibles will still drop (as well as the temporary/usable non-memento items). Finally, there is a new section in Collections for fragments of a pet pig! (She features in one of the jester festival dailies, so I'm pretty sure this will drop from repeatable quests during the jester festival, possibly from a special reward box from the first daily of each day per account).
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woot! Time to put my leftover pies up for sale.

...they are only a little bit stale, but they still work!
    The Moot Councillor
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 Days seems so short for an Event like this. Especially considering that the final Berry will be available, along with the Corresponding Indrik Pet, and there will be a new collectible that may need Tickets to work towards depending on drop rates, AND people will need to start collecting new Feathers for the next Indrik.

Hopefully they give like 5 or more Tickets per day.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    8 Days seems so short for an Event like this. Especially considering that the final Berry will be available, along with the Corresponding Indrik Pet, and there will be a new collectible that may need Tickets to work towards depending on drop rates, AND people will need to start collecting new Feathers for the next Indrik.

An unfortunate reminder that Event Tickets are available for purchase in the Crown Store.

*trollface.jpg*
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭

That, and the event for the third berry was in a DLC area, so not everyone had access. I wanted a less boring mount for my second account, but not quite enough to buy ESO+ for it for a month, so hopefully there will be enough tickets during this event to at least buy the 3rd and 4th berries. Feathers can wait, since there's another Indrik coming (that I don't really want). Managed the first 2 feathers and 2 berries during the PvP event; would suck if I had to wait for the next "all berries available" event to finish, assuming one happens at all.
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the PTS patch notes:

Jester’s Festival

Jester’s Festival returns to Tamriel for testing this week! If you have not participated in the Jester’s Festival before, you can visit the Quest Starters section of the Crown Store to grab your free bestowal note, or visit the festival tents in Ebonheart, Daggerfall, or Vulkhel Guard.

--Completing your first daily quest each day per account gives you a Stupendous Jester’s Festival Box, which drops a fragment for a new pet, the Sovereign Sow!

--Subsequent quests you complete award a standard Jester’s Festival Box, which can reward festival toys, furnishings, or valuable items for sale.

Also note that for the Ebonheart Pact, the quest tent is NOT outside Davon's Watch, but rather outside Ebonheart.

ETA: I'm assuming the pet fragments will work like they did for the Murkmire event, in that they aren't guaranteed to drop from the Stupendous Boxes and they are collectibles and therefore completely reliant on RNG.

I've had terrible luck with the Voriplasm Pet, only getting 4 parts so far (I have 6 of the memento) and that's with farming for extra boxes, which, in 7.5 hours of dedicated farming (killing every mob, looting every node, opening every chest/heavy sack/thieves trove) I only got 2 extra boxes to drop. If I had known the drop rate would be that bad for me, I wouldn't have spent tickets on feathers but rather the pet parts. I've already bought 2 and have enough for the final one if it doesn't drop for me in the next two days, but that will leave me with only 6 tickets going into the Jesters Festival.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 2, 2020 5:46PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Jester’s Festival

Jester’s Festival returns to Tamriel for testing this week! If you have not participated in the Jester’s Festival before, you can visit the Quest Starters section of the Crown Store to grab your free bestowal note, or visit the festival tents in Ebonheart, Daggerfall, or Vulkhel Guard.

--Completing your first daily quest each day per account gives you a Stupendous Jester’s Festival Box, which drops a fragment for a new pet, the Sovereign Sow!

--Subsequent quests you complete award a standard Jester’s Festival Box, which can reward festival toys, furnishings, or valuable items for sale.

Also note that for the Ebonheart Pact, the quest tent is NOT outside Davon's Watch, but rather outside Ebonheart.

I didn’t test it on the PTS, but that description says the daily box “drops” a sow fragment — not “has a chance to drop” one. Hope that makes it to live. Really done with all this RNG from the Murkmire event...
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Thanks for the extra details... and also especially for this correction. I was thinking of the placement of the Impressario tent in Stonefalls, whoops.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they want to extend it, they'd have to start it earlier, given that ESO's Anniversary in April 4th,
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have my game up right now, but the Sovereign Sow requires 7 fragments, right?

Confirmed it is 7 fragments. You can collect a total of 8 Stupendous boxes (although let's be honest with the reset most people will probably only get 7) Seven boxes, seven fragments. I don't have a forum-friendly word to describe what it would be if a fragment is not guaranteed from the box, which honestly, I'm a little skeptical that will be the case. Even if it is guaranteed, that feels unnecessarily grindy to only be able to miss one day without spending event tickets.
    Edited by January1171 on March 2, 2020 6:43PM
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yearly pie restock!

HUZZAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

giphy.gif
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very disappointed with this month's crown crate offer. It is like the devs ran out of ideas, or just are not trying here.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    I am very disappointed with this month's crown crate offer. It is like the devs ran out of ideas, or just are not trying here.

I assume you mean the Crown Store? We know barely anything about the upcoming Gloomspore crates.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

from what i can tell the only thing you would need tickets for other than the berry is for caldwells motif which if you did last year you probably have
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Banners, banners everywhere...
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Woot! Time to put my leftover pies up for sale.

...they are only a little bit stale, but they still work!

Do those actually sell? I still have a few stacks from last year somewhere.
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Need... to... get that title

"Empieror" :joy:

ME TOO it's the only jester's fest (and I think maybe all holidays too) achievement I'm missing :D
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing in the wording of that announcement to suggest that receiving a fragment in the first reward box is merely a chance, as was the case with the Murkmire event.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭

An unfortunate reminder that Event Tickets are available for purchase in the Crown Store.

*trollface.jpg*

Agree - we can be certain there won’t be enough tickets outside of the Crown shop.

Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    There's nothing in the wording of that announcement to suggest that receiving a fragment in the first reward box is merely a chance, as was the case with the Murkmire event.

You’re right about the wording, but the issue is that that isn’t an announcement — it’s the description of the event from the PTS this year. I hope they carry it through to live. We just won’t know until later this month.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's safe to assume the final Spectral Indrik berry will be available during this. Plus the 4 feathers to create the Nascent Indrik, which are always an event regular item.

And the Spectral Indrik pet.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know barely anything about the upcoming Gloomspore crates.

We could safely bet on a lot of these being in them and specifically which ones. Namely all the mushroom'y stuff.

https://elderscrolls.net/2020/01/21/32790-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-obnovlenie-5-3-0/
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What does the pie do?

I was here for the event last year, but I don't remember, despite being a big fan of pie.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The pies are essentially alliance colored mudballs.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    What does the pie do?

I was here for the event last year, but I don't remember, despite being a big fan of pie.

You can throw it at people and cover them with colored gooey-ness.

There is also an achievement title for pie-ing x number of enemy players in Cyrodiil as they die (I *think* are the requirements). I got that last year thanks to a guild doing a mutual pie-kill-resurrect circle. LOL
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The pies are essentially alliance colored mudballs.
    You can throw it at people and cover them with colored gooey-ness.

There is also an achievement title for pie-ing x number of enemy players in Cyrodiil as they die (I *think* are the requirements). I got that last year thanks to a guild doing a mutual pie-kill-resurrect circle. LOL

Ah, yes. Now I remember.
    Thanks for the info!

• UltraMex
    UltraMex
    ✭✭
    So...which event beside the current Murkmire event that give DLC discount?