The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Yeah, this is totally fair and makes sense.

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
8x Streak in a Row and still enough magicka to deal damage, spam shields etc.
Why is there even a cost increase if they can just do that? lmao + I counted another 5 before that which the game did not register.
:neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:

327d5448286bcdb2ac481f5e542042e1.png

Edited by Nyladreas on February 29, 2020 10:38PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the sorc had to use streak that much, im guessing you had em panicky and was probably right near fumes when finally getting you.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    If the sorc had to use streak that much, im guessing you had em panicky and was probably right near fumes when finally getting you.

Funniest part is I just ran out of pots so my sustain was bunk. I wonder what would happen if i won that duel. But still, point is: How can he spam it so much and be just fine? Whats the point of cost increase if its not doing its job?
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Funniest part is I just ran out of pots so my sustain was bunk. I wonder what would happen if i won that duel. But still, point is: How can he spam it so much and be just fine? Whats the point of cost increase if its not doing its job?

How can you claim it's not doing its job just because YOU died to it once?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12000 streak damage is WAY too much, that needs to have both the stunn and the damage removed from it, its a defensive skill.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not hard to cycle a Dark Conversion in between every other streak to keep your magicka pool up and spamming Streak. Plus getting additional magicka returned for 20 seconds on top of what ever their sustain was/is, not including other buffs that might have been present. Also, DC doesn't have a big fancy animation like Dark Deal does.

I'm more interested in you 1v1 fight as a whole, were movement is key, how you got tagged 8 times... and how many were actually missed.

Video of it? There is more to this sandwich than the two pieces of bread you are giving us.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the sorc has to turn around each time to streak again as well as using other skills it would take him at least 20 seconds to hit you 8 times with it. 12k damage over 20 seconds is nothing to cry nerf over.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    12000 streak damage is WAY too much, that needs to have both the stunn and the damage removed from it, its a defensive skill.

Over 8 hits. Didn't know 1500 damage was so OP when we have 17k + Grave Robber synergies in the game.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The number of people upvoting this troll post is a good indicator of ignorance of the players
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is there even a cost increase if they can just do that? lmao + I counted another 5 before that which the game did not register.

The death recap does not register everything and lacks a timestamp as well. It is not a reliable way to say something is wrong unless it is showing total damage of skills is far off from what it should be.

Basically, it is not detailed enough to have real value.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make streak off-balance instead of stun.
  • Captain_Slaymore

Yeah, you should use Foundry Tactical Combat Log that gives a timestamp on all the attacks, and what hits and misses, what kind of damage you are doing and SS it.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Over 8 hits. Didn't know 1500 damage was so OP when we have 17k + Grave Robber synergies in the game.

It's not the damage tho.
  • Frozen_Heart246
    Frozen_Heart246
    ✭✭✭
    You died from streak .. This is something you wouldn't tell to anyone: :trollface:

Honestly if you cant counter sorc that's only your problem in the first place. Sorc is great to punishing low skilled players but that's it. Sorc is some sort of a noob filter.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make streak off-balance instead of stun.

Oh god no. Stop eviscerating out class abilities and replacing them with some generic mechanic that when ZOS nerfs basically sucker punches every class in the stomach.

Stuns aren't the end of the world, just CC break and against a good opponent you should most of them time be on CC immunity anyway.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, that damage is from 8 ( EIGHT ) Streaks, not from 12000 from 1 (one) Streak, if you can math.. the Streak damage is pretty low.

*heavy sigh*

Point of the post was the sustain of it, and by the looks of that recap, they used the "standard" sorc combo (that is not so costly) and just kept Streaking over for the Stun (drain resources) and pressure.

The damage numbers tell also that the sorc was wearing sustain set(s) to yes, sustain a lot of Streaking as example and i see nothing wrong with it, some sorcs now Streak around and not use the old Shield Stacking method, it is more fun anyways but risky. But i also play like that, i play my Msorc without any pets and use 2 sustain sets and Streak tactically as both for kiting and offensively for pressure for the burst combo.

Legit playstyle and i see nothing wrong with it. They could have been on pet-sorc build and had bigger damage. Now looks like op got outplayed by offensive Streaking and the usual combo.

Nyladreas, just not run out of resources/pots the next time and maybe different result. :)
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you look at the individual damage, it's really, REALLY, low. I have a build with 50k Magicka, 3k Magicka Regen. I can streak 8x "in a row" with that build. I think I can do 9, actually. The funny thing is... That build SUCKS because it's literally built for that purpose only, streak trolling. The consequence of that is my dmg is hilariously low, kinda like this guy you're talking about.

Fair? Yes. Doing its job? Damn right, it is. This is clearly a l2p issue... Stun has a cool down, so after the first hit, you break free and the next few hits you took, you just lack the skill to escape. Sorry to say, but that's how it's...

Streak is a clunky skill with a noticeable down time between a chain and a totally predictable path, and if you got hit 3x, you should know you'll be targeted for 4x, 5x... At this point, what's the reason you couldn't avoid it? Use your own stun or paralyze, roll dodge away, or maybe use an invisibility potion to hide away? Dunno... Many ways to avoid it...

Unless this whole post is a "Nerf sorc" troll post.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so this is yet another 'nerf sorcs' thread.

marvelous.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ez fix. make streak not do damage. it's a mobility tool, not a nuke attack.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree remove the stun aspect from it.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it mine? hey mum im on tv
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

marvelous.

sorcerer extreme Damage NEED to be exposed.
    the ability to do massive damage and hitting people with multiple hits in under 1 second and killing people instantly with mass damage is not fair gameplay.
    thats way too much instant damage!

got that stupid MASSIVE HUGE hurricane whiping all around me cant stealth at all from it,
    got that explosion happinging that even when purge it they instantly re-aply it so its constant explosions,
    got the extremely high powered and UNBLOCKABLE knockdown from the streak AND it does damage AND able to perform that from Great Distances AND THROUGH WALLS AND TREES!
    AND crystal blast and many other damage sources all happening within 1 SECOND IS TOO MUCH DAMAGE!!!!

tooo much damge happening all within under 1 second IS TOO MUCH

and what about those all those pets making the sorcerer UNTARGETABLE
    you cannot target the sorcerer, all damage we do goes DIRECTLY TO THE PETS, NOT THE SORCERER
    lets not even get started on the shields, they insta cast making them completely BOSS MODE so it takes GROUPS of people to kill sorcerers!
    they removed the shield breaker set now so all you see is just GOD MODE sorcerers!

Edited by Gilvoth on March 1, 2020 6:06PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its my streaking in report. now look at my battlegrounds statistic and witness my tremendous unstoppable power!
    sympathise to those hundreds and thousands of poor helpless stam wardens dk and necros who were slain by my mighty streak!
    Screenshot-20200301-205554.png
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭

marvelous.

the ability to do massive damage and hitting people with multiple hits in under 1 second and killing people instantly with mass damage is not fair gameplay.

got that stupid MASSIVE HUGE hurricane whiping all around me cant stealth at all from it,
    got that *** explosion happinging that even when purge it they instantly re-aply it so its constant explosions,
    got the extremely high powered and UNBLOCKABLE knockdown from the streak AND it does damage
    AND crystal blast and many other damage sources all happening within 1 SECOND IS TOO MUCH DAMAGE!!!!

you cannot target the sorcerer, all damage we do goes DIRECTLY TO THE PETS, NOT THE SORCERER
    lets not even get started on the shields, they insta cast making them completely BOSS MODE so it takes GROUPS of people to kill sorcerers!
    they removed the shield breaker set now so all you see is just GOD MODE sorcerers!

Well looks like someone is a pissy nightblade that cant escape using his cloak after he failed to snipe gank someone.

Let me tell you why all your arguments suck

1. Sorcs only have massive damage if you dont keep your buffs up or have an unoptimised build that is full damage glass cannon build either l2p or make a better build that can carry you.
    2. The hurricane only does damage when you are close to them, and the curse is a good counter against a stealthing nightblade like you. I reccomend you to heal up and roll dodge and not cloak straight away.
    3. Streak is unblockable yes, but so is your fear so you have nothing to complain about it and i bet you wouldnt even have time to block it since it doesnt have a cast time. And the damage from streak is on average like 2000-1000 which is nothing.
    4. Sorc is a burst class, if you dont know how to counter it you deserve to get bursted down, people say you can hear snipe and you can block/roll dodge it. Guess what. You can hear the shards proc and its a giant *** projectile that takes at least 0.6 seconds to reach you giving you time to block/roll dodge.
    5. Pets doesnt make the sorc untargetable. I reccomend binding the select preferred target button so you can easily select the sorcerer instead of its pet when you are fighting one.
    6. Shields got a big nerf and are expensive to cast, they used to be around 10k shield each totaling 20k and the light armor shield gave back more magicka than the shield costed which is why it was overperforming. Now sorceres have to play with 2000-3000 magicka recovery and still run out of magicka. And shield breaker set is still in the game and is still one of the best damage sets even without attacking a shield.

Speaking as a player that has played stamDK, stamSorc, magblade, stamblade and has a friend that plays magsorc.

My friend that plays magsorc hates good nightblades and has problems killing them, but he has no problems with killing the *** ones.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my comments Stand!
    and you know what, i bet you if you sent an email to ALL the eso players who do not play sorcerer they will agree with what i said.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

marvelous.

got that explosion happinging that even when purge it they instantly re-aply it so its constant explosions,
    got the extremely high powered and UNBLOCKABLE knockdown from the streak AND it does damage AND able to perform that from Great Distances AND THROUGH WALLS AND TREES!

Two sides to every story, no need to exaggerate to try to make a point on an already vague and misleading thread.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

marvelous.

You’ve been calling nerfs to magsorc and animation canceling for years now. If you think magsorc burst is op, then you haven’t even fought a good stamdk, stamden, or stamcro... Literally just l2p...
    Edited by StaticWave on March 1, 2020 6:24PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    my comments Stand!
    and you know what, i bet you if you sent an email to ALL the eso players who do not play sorcerer they will agree with what i said.

I dont play sorcerer and i disagree with everything you just said, my friend which beats malcolm 1v1 on his open world sorcerer cant kill me when i play on my magblade because i know how to counter sorcerers.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find streak obnoxious but I cant fathom 9 streaks in a death recap. That's a lot of time to pass
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I find streak obnoxious but I cant fathom 9 streaks in a death recap. That's a lot of time to pass

The streaks shown in the death recap is from the entire fight meaning, the sorcerer didnt spam streak 8 times in a row. Therefore the increased cost of streak does not apply. What happened was; he got streaked and stunned off cooldown, while under pressure he ran out of resources got stunned by streak and finnished off while lying there. It shows 8 streaks cause that is the total amount he got hit by streak.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest question is, how did you let someone else use what... 12 abilities... without using a single heal?

Man, the sorc should have just light attacked you to death, it would have made a more hilarious death recap.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
This discussion has been closed.