The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would you like to see Alliance Lock back in 30 days noCP campaign?

Commancho
Commancho
✭✭✭✭✭
Due to the Alliance Lock being removed from 30 days noCP, now we have a bunch of trolls stealing scrolls and hammer and giving it to the enemy, sabotaging sieges and spying in general. Usually open to public Alliance's guilds & groups are dimishing or they are locked to people from outside. It makes campaign completly unfriendly and paranoic.

We have a 7 day campaign which is perfect for people who don't care about their alliance and want to play Cyrodiil.
That's why I'm suggesting reverting these terrible changes ASAP and bringing back Alliance Lock to this campaign.

Would you like to see Alliance Lock back in 30 days noCP campaign? 201 votes

Yes, Alliance Lock should be present in 30 days noCP campaign.
48%
ItsMeTooCarespankertammuz30b14_ESONirntrotterFaulgorIruil_ESOalainjbrennanb16_ESOPygmyOwlCuddlerdennissomb16_ESOc_parsons40b16_ESOMalmaiLarsSPsychopoteAhPook_Is_HereleeuxHidesFromSunSilverwillowLollapalosaaCaffeinatedMayhem 97 votes
No, we don't need Alliance Lock in 30 days noCP campaign.
51%
vailjohn_ESOJoy_Divisiondarthgummibear_ESOCresDarcyMardinMaliciousWyvernMurderMostFoulrager82b14_ESORikumaruNeillMcAttackbronskiDaviiid_ESONanfoodleidkkojouTiara_RacamelliaStreegaPathfindrJohnG 104 votes
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't vote.

But this campaign lock is becoming absurd.

I wanna play AD then EP month to month so different alliance each month for different toons.

Now what ESO does is lock each of those into the campaign and charges 150k ap per char to abandon and leave the main campaign open for the other alliance.

150k ap per char to abandon.

Then 150k ap per char to home set alliance with different alliance char.

TLDR- these frauds are charging 100k then 150k per char to swap alliance.

This has been happening since the day the campaigns got locked. The coding is abysmal in this area it's super flawed.
    Stamblade Main.
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to see Alliance Lock anywhere.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter of alliance preferences, no-CP is closer to BG in terms of balance and should be available to all your toons. Since there is not enough population to have 2 no-CP campaigns, ZOS has no other choice...
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can play 7 days campagn with all your toons.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing that you think "trolls" would play correctly and not hand over scrolls or sabotage seiges, or spy if you just coerce them into playing a single faction.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing that you think "trolls" would play correctly and not hand over scrolls or sabotage seiges, or spy if you just coerce them into playing a single faction.
    Ofcourse they wouldn't, it was a nice & friendly campaign untill recent changes. Now I see bunch of new faces and handing over scrolls & hammer on daily basis. Most of groups are locked and they won't invite you even if you follow them and assist them in sieges. Maybe for you it's great, but I give this campaign maximum 6 months before it dies just like any previous no alliance lock campaigns.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Commancho wrote: »
    Ofcourse they wouldn't, it was a nice & friendly campaign untill recent changes. Now I see bunch of new faces and handing over scrolls & hammer on daily basis. Most of groups are locked and they won't invite you even if you follow them and assist them in sieges. Maybe for you it's great, but I give this campaign maximum 6 months before it dies just like any previous no alliance lock campaigns.

So how did we have campaigns pre elsweyr if all alliance unlocked campaigns died?
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock was a bad idea to begin with. It causes no significant issue or problems or else Zos would not offer the choice to begin with.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, give us the option

So trolls can keep trolling each other in non-lock
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I don't roleplay in a PVP zone, I couldn't care less about alliance lock campains and notions about spies and saboteurs. I go to Cyrodiil to do some PVP on the char I want to play today.

As long as there are also non-alliance locked-campaigns, I'm fine with every campaign type having an alliance locked version; main advantage for me is that it minimizes the zone chat rants of avid faction loyalists.

So fine with me for alliance lock in "A no-CP campaign", but a clear no to locking "THE no-CP campaign." I like a fallback option when my chosen char's alliance in the CP campaign is a hopeless case.

Edited by Toanis on February 29, 2020 4:16PM
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread already exists.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/514372/the-major-no-cp-pvp-campaign-should-be-alliance-locked-yes-or-no#latest

But i believe these dead camps speak for themselves.
    https://gyazo.com/2800af3b77f76e4c83bd66be14c9eec4
    Edited by Carespanker on February 29, 2020 4:24PM
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    lol did not take long for this thread to appear LMAO
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Never Forget 11-12-19 The Legendary 8
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loving all of the folks who don't even play on the campaign coming in, patting us on the head, and telling those of us who do why our campaign must be sacrificed for the greater good.

It absolutely reeks of entitlement.

My PvP guild abandoned the non-CP campaign for precisely the reason the OP mentions: folks are coming in and running scrolls out to their true faction, infiltrating and reporting on the movement of groups they're in, taking the hammer into the bay, etc. Nobody can trust anybody unless they know them personally and the campaign is dying as a result.

Which is ironic because the last three campaign cycles had terrific population numbers, giving complete lie to the false claim that non-CP can't support itself.
  • Karmen
    Karmen
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance unlock is a heresy.

I am Carmen.
    For Bosmers, war is only a sport
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kr3do wrote: »
    I don't want to see Alliance Lock anywhere.

Agree ^ people and guilds still do the underhanded things they have been always doing. small scale, solo players, and friends are getting fd over

Looking at you to BGs lazy solutions ruin the game....

They need a new campaign for the fraction fanatics to be perma locked in there, simple.
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on February 29, 2020 8:07PM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HELL YES
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loving all of the folks who don't even play on the campaign coming in, patting us on the head, and telling those of us who do why our campaign must be sacrificed for the greater good.

My PvP guild abandoned the non-CP campaign for precisely the reason the OP mentions: folks are coming in and running scrolls out to their true faction, infiltrating and reporting on the movement of groups they're in, taking the hammer into the bay, etc. Nobody can trust anybody unless they know them personally and the campaign is dying as a result.

Which is ironic because the last three campaign cycles had terrific population numbers, giving complete lie to the false claim that non-CP can't support itself.

Honestly if you don't play No-CP why even talk about it. You have Laat, we don't have an equivalent any longer.

This is exactly how things were on PS4 when Sotha Sil was unlocked. They use the campaign to sell emp and they'll do whatever it takes make sure to discourage actual gameplay to make their gold/farm ap. It ruins the whole campaign. It's not about RPing faction loyalty, I don't even care if people have multiple colours and participate. But some people actively troll and manipulate the campaign. That's what ruins it.

The truth is CP has a locked and unlocked campaign. Let No-CP have the same. It won't completely eliminate manipulation but it'll mitigate it at least. The ones who sell emp/manipulate will probably gravitate towards the unlocked one.

• Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see 1 locked and 1 unlocked campaign for both CP and noCP.
    Give people the choice to play where and how they want.
    Edited by Hamish999 on February 29, 2020 9:10PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL spies. Yes, because most of you are tactical geniuses that no one could ever see coming.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vicinia wrote: »

Honestly if you don't play No-CP why even talk about it. You have Laat, we don't have an equivalent any longer.

This is exactly how things were on PS4 when Sotha Sil was unlocked. They use the campaign to sell emp and they'll do whatever it takes make sure to discourage actual gameplay to make their gold/farm ap. It ruins the whole campaign. It's not about RPing faction loyalty, I don't even care if people have multiple colours and participate. But some people actively troll and manipulate the campaign. That's what ruins it.

The truth is CP has a locked and unlocked campaign. Let No-CP have the same. It won't completely eliminate manipulation but it'll mitigate it at least. The ones who sell emp/manipulate will probably gravitate towards the unlocked one.

I think you mean to be quoting someone else.

I DO play in non-CP and support getting it faction-locked again.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    LOL spies. Yes, because most of you are tactical geniuses that no one could ever see coming.
    Because having informations about hostile groups such as positions, size and objectives is not usefull...
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but it creates additional barriers to entry.
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Glad they got rid of it. Kill faction lock with fire.
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vicinia wrote: »

I think you mean to be quoting someone else.

I DO play in non-CP and support getting it faction-locked again.

I was actually agreeing with you. My wording wasnt the best lol
    Edited by Vicinia on February 29, 2020 10:28PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because having informations about hostile groups such as positions, size and objectives is not usefull...

You can guess the approx size of a group by the number of siege they have up, and your next objective is not usually that hard to fathom....

Y'all make me think of "My lord, I have a cunning plan...."
  • indigorune
    indigorune
    ✭✭✭
    pvp was better with alliance lock. now it's just troll land. my amount of time in pvp has gone way down since the change. it's just not fun.
    PC-NA | EP
    PvE main --> K'hira - Khajiiti stamblade
    Trade Guild: Free Marketers
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like it back, or choice. Like on CP.

Even if that was a 7 day noCP.

It's clearly more popular on CP.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS were to introduce a truly competitive campaign, you know, one which is not decided by 10 guys painting the map one color every night, I would at least understand and wouldn't really mind having a faction lock to keep the competitve spirit.

But as it is, half measures like faction lock do not bring any positives like making campaign score really competitive but still retain all of their negatives like preventing people from playing with friends/their favorite alt.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can guess the approx size of a group by the number of siege they have up, and your next objective is not usually that hard to fathom....

Y'all make me think of "My lord, I have a cunning plan...."
    You can capture a castle in less than 2 mins and an outpost in less than 1 minute, before anyone will even port there to count the sieges there LOL
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The real question is why do they have a 30 Day CP. CP is a CRUTCH and needs to be REMOVED.