The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you like to see Alliance Lock back in 30 days noCP campaign?

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    The real question is why do they have a 30 Day CP. CP is a CRUTCH and needs to be REMOVED.

Why is it, when there is a situation where defeating the opponent is a real challenge....

people clamor for changing the balance ?

Veeeelly Interesting

:#
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Alliance Lock should be present in 30 days noCP campaign.
    Imo factions should always be locked for pvp.

If you choose to join the aldummy dominion or the evonheart potato then you deserve to stay there.

The covenant should only take truly loyal soldiers.

FOR THE COVENANT!
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, we don't need Alliance Lock in 30 days noCP campaign.
    I'd like to play it with all my toons, but i understand why alliance lock was put in place.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Commancho wrote: »
    Ofcourse they wouldn't, it was a nice & friendly campaign untill recent changes. Now I see bunch of new faces and handing over scrolls & hammer on daily basis. Most of groups are locked and they won't invite you even if you follow them and assist them in sieges. Maybe for you it's great, but I give this campaign maximum 6 months before it dies just like any previous no alliance lock campaigns.

So how did we have campaigns pre elsweyr if all alliance unlocked campaigns died?

Cyrodil was far more active before alliance lock. Alliance lock HURT cyro. it didn't help it. All it does is hurt the majority of pvpers who pvp casually and have alts. Nobody wanted to faction hop to cheat. they wanted to faction hop becuase they had alts.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Ofcourse they wouldn't, it was a nice & friendly campaign untill recent changes. Now I see bunch of new faces and handing over scrolls & hammer on daily basis. Most of groups are locked and they won't invite you even if you follow them and assist them in sieges. Maybe for you it's great, but I give this campaign maximum 6 months before it dies just like any previous no alliance lock campaigns.

So how did we have campaigns pre elsweyr if all alliance unlocked campaigns died?

Cyrodil was far more active before alliance lock. Alliance lock HURT cyro. it didn't help it. All it does is hurt the majority of pvpers who pvp casually and have alts. Nobody wanted to faction hop to cheat. they wanted to faction hop becuase they had alts.

Cyro was its most active when we had an even more strict alliance lock at launch, then it just went down the drain from there.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

I have alts too, and I play different factions in different campaigns.

That said, I'm fine with there being unlocked campaigns for those who want it. I would just like a locked no-CP campaign.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

Cyro was its most active when we had an even more strict alliance lock at launch, then it just went down the drain from there.

You mean it was the most active when it actually worked as intended, we had no Performance Problems and 3 or 4 times as many People could enter a Campaign before it got poplocked Nothing to do with faction locks or lack thereof.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    If ZOS were to introduce a truly competitive campaign, you know, one which is not decided by 10 guys painting the map one color every night, I would at least understand and wouldn't really mind having a faction lock to keep the competitve spirit.

But as it is, half measures like faction lock do not bring any positives like making campaign score really competitive but still retain all of their negatives like preventing people from playing with friends/their favorite alt.

Its an live game all 3 Alliances have the right to play at any given time just because 1 alliance has players on 24/7 doesn't make it unfair sounds like the other 2 Alliances need to get some no lifers to play in their alliance theres been campaigns that i only slept 3 days out of the 30 because i wanted an win for my alliance
    And alliance lock campaigns are the only campaigns ill play in , 1 tam was the WORSE thing for an game with an war involved as its main pvp area we should of never be able to join forces with the other 2 Alliances for ANY reason pvp or pve really killed pvp not pve so much just made pve toxic in chat but the alliance trolling and spy bs that go's on now days hurts pvp at its core
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean it was the most active when it actually worked as intended, we had no Performance Problems and 3 or 4 times as many People could enter a Campaign before it got poplocked Nothing to do with faction locks or lack thereof.

Regardless fact is when the game released and locks were in place it was most popular. Sweeping generalisations seem to be the trend here tho.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Regardless fact is when the game released and locks were in place it was most popular. Sweeping generalisations seem to be the trend here tho.

And here we can observe a typical case of correlation doesnt equal causation.
    Yes it was the most popular when there were locks, doesnt mean it was the most popular because there were locks. Cyro literally cant be as popular as at launch anymore because of tech limitations no matter if we have locks or not.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And here we can observe a typical case of correlation doesnt equal causation.
    Yes it was the most popular when there were locks, doesnt mean it was the most popular because there were locks. Cyro literally cant be as popular as at launch anymore because of tech limitations no matter if we have locks or not.

Way to reply to my reply without even reading the second sentence.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The real question is why do they have a 30 Day CP. CP is a CRUTCH and needs to be REMOVED.

Until bombard spam in No CP is removed from existence i will never set foot in that cancerous campaign again
    Edited by StaticWave on March 1, 2020 7:20PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

Until bombard spam in No CP is removed from existence i will never set foot in that cancerous campaign again

Honestly cc immunity is more broken than it has ever been. I was watching merci stream earlier and he got rooted 3 times in a row, then knocked back twice by two seperate leaps in 1 second intervals. xD.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, very balanced indeed.

Level 19-25 players keep sieging ASH milegate so AD can not pass through even though they have been told so many times to stop they continue to serve their DC overlords ^^

So much so for balancing, so innocent...

But...

But...

They can not play with their friend!!! When they are on their newly rolled yellow characters ^^

This is the exact fun I was looking for, like I wanna siege a castle and PvP but I am not allowed to???

Why did I pay for this game and sub again?

^^
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

Level 19-25 players keep sieging ASH milegate so AD can not pass through even though they have been told so many times to stop they continue to serve their DC overlords ^^

But...

But...

They can not play with their friend!!! When they are on their newly rolled yellow characters ^^

This is the exact fun I was looking for, like I wanna siege a castle and PvP but I am not allowed to???

^^

Wish ZO$ would fix this 1 by removing stairs all together or 2 give both sides stairs as its an big in balance to the area
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Salthy wrote: »
    I accept that some players will always favor sieges and large scale battles, because their grasp of the game is not solid enough to achieve success in high pressure situations.

My best guess is that these people talk down on these more "combat oriented" small scale playstyles because it makes their playstyle feel more relevant and legitimate in a PvP environment.

My advice: leave your ego at the door, play as you want, and let others play as they want as well.

Am I the only one noticing the ... irony? disconnect? hypocrisy? between these two sections? ;)

---

Also (not related to the quoted post), it's kind of dumb to take the current situation, like campaign populations, to gauge anything at the moment. I was in Cyrodiil for like 20 minutes until I crashed out, and haven't bothered to go there since until they at least claim to have implemented fixes. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
    Edited by Varana on March 1, 2020 7:43PM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But...

But...

^^

Wish ZO$ would fix this 1 by removing stairs all together or 2 give both sides stairs as its an big in balance to the area

That is exactly kind of stuff that I was talking about when I talked about people wasting others valuable time...

Most of us will go to work tomorrow and we want to be able to have some quick pvp without being blocked/hindered...

Give us a locked no-cp campaign and let trolls troll each other in non-lock

EU has enough population for both.
    Edited by Cirantille on March 1, 2020 7:58PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But...

But...

^^

That is exactly kind of stuff that I was talking about when I talked about people wasting others valuable time...

Most of us will go to work tomorrow and we want to be able to have some quick pvp without being blocked/hindered...

Be nice they alliance locked the whole game again imho that or make alliance only matter for campaign so all toons are locked to 1 alliance for pvp
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on March 1, 2020 8:09PM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guess what happens next some lvl 15 guys grabs a yellow hammer and jumps in between 30 blues?

Oh my god what a balanced and I am playing with my friends!!! type of thing ^.^
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But...

But...

^^

Did Rellik get bored of sieging the bridge? And if so, what does this have to do with locks? You also know there are ways arround the gates? (AD always had players that are obsessed with siegeing the bridges/gates since they were made destructible).

"Mimimi, other players aren't playing the way i want them to play, so let's just restrict everyone. It won't make them play as i want, but at least it might annoy some of them". Sums it up pretty well. Srsly, it is funny how the pro lock side desperately tries to blame literally everything on the lack of faction lock, no matter how absurd a correlation might be.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guess what happens next some lvl 15 guys grabs a yellow hammer and jumps in between 30 blues?

This was inevitable. Before hand it was people that have issues buying two accounts to troll, now ANYONE can do it, so its just all over the place. Plus you have people once again just sitting in ads camp running in circles or walking in walls, to make sure we cannot get low pop bonus , and once again blues are exploiting low pop bonus. Ah, such fun. Not.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This was inevitable. Before hand it was people that have issues buying two accounts to troll, now ANYONE can do it, so its just all over the place. Plus you have people once again just sitting in ads camp running in circles or walking in walls, to make sure we cannot get low pop bonus , and once again blues are exploiting low pop bonus. Ah, such fun. Not.

The thing with trolls that they are ok with trolling until they are the ones being trolled then they enrage

Also they dont even hide it :joy:
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But...

But...

^^

Part of the fun in being a troll is to troll those who get triggered by trolls. So guess where the trolls will go :wink:
  • Salthy
    Salthy
    ✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    I accept that some players will always favor sieges and large scale battles, because their grasp of the game is not solid enough to achieve success in high pressure situations.

My best guess is that these people talk down on these more "combat oriented" small scale playstyles because it makes their playstyle feel more relevant and legitimate in a PvP environment.

My advice: leave your ego at the door, play as you want, and let others play as they want as well.

Am I the only one noticing the ... irony? disconnect? hypocrisy? between these two sections? ;)

---

Not sure what hypocrisy you're referring to when it comes to both sections, your response is too vague.

This post was a direct reaction to someone calling my playstyle invalid, once again telling me that "small scalers should take their business out of Cyro, only large scale siege battles count here". So I simply guessed at the reason why there is so much toxicity towards small scale playstyle, and please note the distinction I make here: not the individual players, the playstyle choice.

So, I dunno... If you disagree with me saying that siege warfare and running in a large group does not require as much player input as small scale play, I don't think this will be worth any further discussion. People might as well start owning this fact instead of delegitimatizing a certain playstyle under the false pretext of it not contributing enough to campaign score.

Fyi, there's only a disconnect between me being relatively polite on the forums and the trash talk I produce while PvPing, but that's part of the fun >:)
    PC EU - NO CP / CP camp | Stamplar & Magblade
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, I certainly don't agree with people who say that "small-scale" PvP has no place in Cyrodiil. It has, and if that's your thing, go for it. (Just don't complain when the small-scale group is wiped out by a passing stampede of an army. To be fair, you didn't do that. :) )

You didn't refer to "player input". You said "their grasp of the game is not solid enough". Having fun in siege and castle warfare, doesn't have anything to do with a grasp of the game, per se. You're belittling players who like to engage in that sort of content while a paragraph later complaining about players belittling your style of play.
    (Also, I'd contend that some kinds of PvP raiding - either organised guild warfare, taking/defending keeps against equally large enemy armies, or successful PUG-lording - do require quite a bit of skill; just not the same kind of skills that flawlessly executing burst combos is about.)
  • Salthy
    Salthy
    ✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Having fun in siege and castle warfare, doesn't have anything to do with a grasp of the game, per se. You're belittling players who like to engage in that sort of content while a paragraph later complaining about players belittling your style of play.

Please note that I said some players. Not everyone, that wouldn't be correct. I'm also not belittling them. If you enjoy sieging, go ahead.

Edited by Salthy on March 3, 2020 8:09AM
    PC EU - NO CP / CP camp | Stamplar & Magblade
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    It's amazing that you think "trolls" would play correctly and not hand over scrolls or sabotage seiges, or spy if you just coerce them into playing a single faction.

Jesus christ lol you can still do the SAME exact thing on a locked campaign. All of this is irrelevant because if I wanted to play DC and my friends play AD I could steal a scroll and have them kill me to take it including the hammer so honestly alliance lock does NOT fix that.

No, if your friends play AD you would make AD character and join them since all you have to do is to rank up to LVL 50 during one evening unless you are too lazy to do that and you prefer to spend your time on complaining on forums about valid request.
    I'm under the impression that players who heavily favor very large unorganized PvP and keep sieging over meaningful combat want faction lock back, because it makes the campaign score (and by extent, themselves) feel more relevant. If you can't contribute much in the form of skills and combat, at least you oiled the enemy, destroyed the milegate and repaired that front door.

But I doubt campaign score is much influenced by it: you can't stop night cappers anyway, and scroll trolling can be done whether a campaign is faction locked or not. Faction unlock is just another excuse when you lose the campaign.

Nightcapping is worse without faction lock actually, because same people capture same flags and then they re-capture them with the other alliance. Cyrodiil is all about sieging keeps and massive battles. Place for small scale PVP is in BG and IC.

Thanks for proving my point.

I accept that some players will always favor sieges and large scale battles, because their grasp of the game is not solid enough to achieve success in high pressure situations. Large scale battles are forgiving even when your individual contribution is lacking, it won't matter much in the overall course of events.

But I'd like these players for once to accept that others (like me) favor challenging player versus player combat, which ultimately results in participating in small scale PvP.

Honestly, it's surprising that people actually argue that seeking out more challenging combat situations is invalid in open world PvP. My best guess is that these people talk down on these more "combat oriented" small scale playstyles because it makes their playstyle feel more relevant and legitimate in a PvP environment.

There are several pro guilds on PC/EU playing exlusively one side. These are professional and well organised guilds with discord, several co-ordinated groups with officers leading them while zergs just follow... How can you come up with your silly small scale PVP experience? Just because you wanna play with few friends and you don't care about score and your alliance you tell people who have been dedicated and united in one guild for several months/years to leave their ego at the door? WTF, seriously dude!!!
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There should be a choice regardless of perceived population issues or perceived popularity of one or the other.

CP has both, no-CP should as well.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair whatever side is zerg surfing the campaign is boring

At the moment, AD is winning and when I logged in yesterday people capped everything

I play AD, I have always played AD, so I should be happy right?

Nah, no significant amount of enemy to fight on DC or EP side

So where is PvP in this?

If i wanted to kill NPCs I would go to dungeons.

But of course people switch to AD side instead of defending for their own alliance bc we are on the lead

What a boring concept of Cyrodiil, I want to kill players not zerg surf...

Then swap to DC/EP and fight the zerg.

Like when [Snip] is zerging, all I want to do is log off if I'm locked to AD. But I could swap to EP and fight back.

[Edit to remove naming and shaming]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on March 3, 2020 7:35PM
  • thatESOdude
    thatESOdude
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, nonLock campaing is the most populated... Aka it works and people prefer that.