Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Missing UI

harby46
harby46
✭✭
In game since the 25 patch when in dungeon and you press the C key for Player Stats or K key for Skill you lose the UI and no skill bar, no cross hairs. Unable to interact with doors as the E key doesn't work. While I have mods, others in my Guild have no mods and are experiencing the seam thing. The chat box also is not present but can blindly enter "/reloadui" and sometimes get the UI back. Also problems with the min map. every time I die must reactive the mini map via the controls settings.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    harby46 wrote: »
    In game since the 25 patch when in dungeon and you press the C key for Player Stats or K key for Skill you lose the UI and no skill bar, no cross hairs. Unable to interact with doors as the E key doesn't work. While I have mods, others in my Guild have no mods and are experiencing the seam thing. The chat box also is not present but can blindly enter "/reloadui" and sometimes get the UI back. Also problems with the min map. every time I die must reactive the mini map via the controls settings.
    Since you mention that you are using "mods" I assume that the platform is either a PC or a Mac. However, on which mega-server do the problems you describe occur? ZOS cannot investigate without disclosure of both the platform and the mega-server on which a "bug" occurs. Please read the Guidelines For Bug Report Forum for requirements and for advice on posting a useful bug report.

Do all of these problems occur only while your character is in a dungeon? If so, then in which dungeon(s) have they occurred?

The mini map is not a native feature of TESO, it is created by an add-on. Currently, the Advanced UI mini-map module produces a UI Error when it is loaded. The display frame for Votan's MiniMap cannot be moved, and where it is relative to the rest of the HUD depends upon the player's UI Scale. So, I have resumed using Mini Map by Fyrakin, without any particular problems so far, although it has not been updated for over a year. ..... I cannot find any other "mini map" add-on available from the ESOU website.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • harby46
    harby46
    ✭✭
    My problems with losing the UI seemed to have somehow solved itself or at least hasn't occured in yesterdays play with no changes. HOWEVER, my friend had noting but problems yesterday loosing the UI in every battle both in dungeons and our of dungeons. He has no mods at all, playing a clean pure ESP without ESO-plus. He's always played that way. Yesterday was very frustrating for him losing the UI in every battle. typing "/reloadui" resolved the problem each time he lost the UI. As soon as I contact him or see him in game I try to get him to post where, when, and how to help resolve the problem.
  • harby46
    harby46
    ✭✭
    I forgot as I'm 73 years young and been playing EOS over 8,000 hours. My friend and I are playing on PCs and North American Server.
  • harby46
    harby46
    ✭✭
    I need to also note that I disabled Advance UI and it's min-map in favor or using Voltan's Mini-map. Also the problem first occurred in the new dungeon, while yesterday my friend and I were in Eastmarch where he had all the problems with the UI.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    harby46 wrote: »
    My problems with losing the UI seemed to have somehow solved itself ... with no changes. HOWEVER, my friend had noting but problems yesterday .... He has no mods at all, playing a clean pure ESP without ESO-plus. ....
    Again: please disclose the platform and the mega-server on which you have encountered this problem. ZOS will not investigate the problem without that information.

Please read the Guidelines For Bug Report Forum for requirements and for advice on posting a useful bug report. But don't just read them, think about them and follow them while composing your report. Be sure to tell your friends to read the Guidelines, too.

Again: do all of these problems occur only while your character is in a dungeon? If so, then in which dungeon(s) have they occurred?

Of course, if the issue is also encountered by other players with whom you play, then it is their responsibility to report in this forum, although they might contribute to this discussion which you began with the OP.

Whether a player subscribes to ESO Plus has no relevance to whether there might be a bug -- unless there is a problem accessing the Craft Bag (which is the primary benefit of the subscription), or with the inventory of the items it contains. In my experience and observation, any such problems with the Craft Bag are caused by one or more add-ons.

So far, all you have done is waste your time, and now mine. Please get a clue. :neutral:

Edited by Shadowshire on February 29, 2020 12:19AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • harby46
    harby46
    ✭✭
    We are on the North American Mega Server. We are running PCs. For my friend who has no mods, it happens in dungeons and overland only when in battle or combat. An added problem not only does he lose the UI now it also kicks him from the game. Today we are doing all dungeon, delves, and world boss's in Eastmarch and a Dark Anchor. This has happen in Eastmarch's dungeons, delves, dark anchors, and in battle with world bosses. This was no problem for all the hours my friend has played over the years and only became an issue after the update.
  • harby46
    harby46
    ✭✭
    I'll try to make this simple until my friend can respond.
    Server = North American Mega Server
    Platform = PC
    Location = Eastmarch & Wrathgar
    Problem = My Friend Loosing UI, skill bar, cross hairs, interaction with "e" key, and being kicked out of game when ever in combat or during combat in delves, world boss', and dark anchor. This first started with Icereach on day 1 which I also experienced. This continued on day 2 in Eastmarch for both of us. Each time the problem occurred was resolved with "/reloadui" execpt the being booted from the game which required reloading back into the game.

It should be noted that my friend do not have any mods and does not have ESO-Plus and had no porblems before the upgrade.

My Continued Problem = Everything resolved itself in day 2 after many problems with Advance UI's Mini-Map when I disabled Advance UI and it's min-map in favor or using Voltan's Mini-map. For me this resolved all the above problems with the exception of during combat I'll still loose the ability to interact with the "e" key resulting with being unable to loot or open chest or doors. This is fixed each time with "/reloadui". As my friend does not have any mod or mini-maps the can't disable them or change them to resolve the problems as I have.

All this after 3 days is very frustrating and distracting from both the game and our enjoyment of it. It also is affecting our ability to win battles.

I must say I'm not impressed with your final comment, the last line you posted. It doesn't day much for your public relations. I also would hope you'd be more mature than that. At 73 I don't have a lot of time left compared to you youngster and being a loyal player with over 8,000 hours played in ESO and 2,000 hours in Skyrim I would think you value me more than you have shown.
    xioc13nrytc7.jpg
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @harby46 I think you might be mistaking Shadowshire’s official-looking response as that of a ZOS employee, but he’s not.

He seems to have a ton of free time and goes around doing the same thing to a lot of the posts here. I believe his intentions are generally meant to be helpful, but his tone here is not very helpful or friendly as I read it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    May I make a suggestion? If so go into setting and make sure the UI is key bound to a key like F12. then when this happens maybe you can toggle it back on. question have you re-installed your addons? this is a different game version maybe it would help to pull the folders out to different location and then drop them back in so they reconnect with the proper files.
    Edited by Titain on March 1, 2020 1:49PM