The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No voriplasm/grave stake without buying tickets. Ticket cost inflated.

Karius_Imalthar
Karius_Imalthar
✭✭✭✭✭
1. Voriplasm pet/grave stake emote takes 7 unique fragments each.
2. Most players get *one chance* at *one* fragment per day. I have heard 1 or 2 player say they managed a second box after hours of farming.
3. 13 day event = 13 *chances*. I am in day 4 and have received 2 fragments.
4. Fragments aren't able to be traded or purchased from guild vendors.
5. Previous events allowed you to use tickets to buy the finished item instead of just parts. For example, Midyear Mayhem allowed buying the standard bearer emotes outright for 10 tickets if you weren't able to spend 10 days getting the emblems. Also, the emblems were a guaranteed item.

Well, you get the idea. I'm sure this has all been said a hundred times already.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you get the idea. I'm sure this has all been said a hundred times already.

So why not say it in one of the dozen other threads in the first two pages?

Aaaanyway - this is only the case if you think you have to get everything. Personally, I have two pet fragments already, 7 tickets, and a bunch more I could earn if I play the rest of the event. I can get the pet easily, even if I don't get another fragment. And the grave stake memento, I've no interest in.

But, then, if you are going on the premise "have to get everything", there haven't been enough tickets to get it all for months & months. Because there's 4 more feathers & berries each quarter (80 tickets) for each new mount variant.

The idea of having More Things in the ticket shop is to give people options - if you don't care about Item A, you can go for Item B or Item C. (remember - when there was just a mount in the ticket store, people begged for other things because they didn't care about the mount. So now we have More Things. And you can't buy them all. Because that's not the intent.)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on February 23, 2020 6:03PM
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember when event rewards didn't have to be bought with event tickets? Those were the days!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What were you planning on doing with your 39 tickets?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes wonder if these people walk into stores in the mall, and think "This is nuts! How am I supposed to buy all of this?"
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when event rewards didn't have to be bought with event tickets? Those were the days!

No kidding. The way events were done before was healthy in-game monetization. That wasn’t enough for someone in corporate, so they decided some time in 2018 to turn events into a bigger revenue stream by slowly normalizing mechanisms that would lead up to blatantly predatory monetization. This isn’t surprising looking at monetization changes throughout 2019. The sick part is human behavior is not hard to manipulate, so this will work without a concentrated and continuous backlash.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you feel like you're being forced to buy tickets and you're not happy with the situation the best thing you can do is to not buy them. Tactics like that work because players give in and go along with it, even when they're not happy with it. If it didn't work companies wouldn't waste their time doing it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes wonder if these people walk into stores in the mall, and think "This is nuts! How am I supposed to buy all of this?"

Intentional dishonesty doesn’t make your point.

Imagine advertising a celebratory event with rewards and goodies for participating, then you get there and are told you can only have useles pieces of a thing unless you buy the rest of the pieces, and no you can’t trade anyone for other pieces. Either you have to win a 1/100 jackpot or shell out money to get a full item.

There are two rewards for the Murkmire event. A lucky player might get one by participating.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine advertising a celebratory event with rewards and goodies for participating, then you get there and are told you can only have useles pieces of a thing unless you buy the rest of the pieces, and no you can’t trade anyone for other pieces. Either you have to win a 1/100 jackpot or shell out money to get a full item.

That's not any more accurate than my mall comment. Probably less so.
    There are two rewards for the Murkmire event. A lucky player might get one by participating.

There are two rewards. A lucky player could get both (get a variety of parts from the daily 'easy' box, buy the rest with 30+ tickets). An unlucky player can get one. (7 parts x 5 tickets = 35. Less than the 39 available, and ignoring any carryover tickets.)

I'll be easily able to get one if I care to: I've got 2 pet parts & 1 stake part so far, with 7 tickets at the moment (because I bought a feather with my 5 carryover tickets from New Life). If I don't get any more pet parts, I can get it for 25 tickets total. Simple.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on February 23, 2020 7:35PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    If you feel like you're being forced to buy tickets and you're not happy with the situation the best thing you can do is to not buy them. Tactics like that work because players give in and go along with it, even when they're not happy with it. If it didn't work companies wouldn't waste their time doing it.

Well, it also works because simply ignoring con artists and other similar types of market predators with "just don't buy things" doesn't protect people from them. What we ultimately need are updated consumer protection laws and it is only a matter of time before such laws are made. In the mean time, shady monetization strategies need to be continuously exposed and spoken out against because otherwise a fresh mark will just wander by being none the wiser and get exploited.

What's sad about this happening in ESO is that this is a game that can easily be successful and profitable without resorting to shady monetization scams. They have a tremendously awesome development team that consistently turns out new, well-made content along with various other improvements to the game. The quality of what they produce speaks well enough for itself - it didn't need F2P style predatory monetization staining that. Zenimax and all of its subsidiaries pretty much ended up on my $%*$ list after this past year. When there are so many old and new producers of RPGs these days who aren't doing shady crap - OnceLost Games, Larian Studios, CDProject, Obsidian, Spiders, Piranha Bytes, Archetype Entertainment - it's not like we lack alternatives. Thank gods for all of these developers I just listed not going down the scum suck train.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not any more accurate than my mall comment. Probably less so.

Lmao, that’s a literal description of this event. It’s not a comparison or a metaphor, but a description of how this event has been handled so far.

As for using all your tickets on fragments. Did you forget there’s a massive redownload during this event? That is all but guaranteed to lock out many people for 3+ days? What about when things inevitably go wrong and cause more delays? Why not mention the players who aren’t even getting their tickets due to ZO$ making it RNG and thus absolving themselves are any requirement to assist players who’ve been genuinely glitched?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so far on my main account i have gotten zero fragments from boxes. that's right. ZERO. even with me deciding to buy berries during last event for spectral indrik... and starting out with 6 tickets before this event went live... I would need 70 tickets total to get both memento and the pet. max I can have is 45. even if I had started with 12 tickets... that would give me 51. STILL not enough to buy all the fragments.

am i unlucky? yes. yes I am. but that's rng for you and HEREIN LIES A PROBLEM. there is far too much rng involved in this event WITHOUT POSSIBILITY OF PROPER TRADE BETWEEN PLAYERS TO COUNTER IT.

when I say proper, I mean tradable fragments, NOT this transparent push for crown store ticket purchases. every single even prior to this one, if you were unlucky with drops (and i'm ALWAYS unlucky with drops) you could buy pieces you were missing from other players on guild stores. you can NOT do this in this event.
    Edited by Linaleah on February 23, 2020 8:09PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of whether someone gets lucky with their drops and event ticket management, and can gather both rewards without buying event tickets, the question remains why the decided to make fragments non-tradeable, something which is unprecedented for these kind of event rewards... and the answer is of course, because they want to sell more tickets. Yes, you don't have to buy them, but the fact remains that this direction is player-base unfriendly.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why they invented credit cards.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I used to look forward to events. Then again, I used to look forward to playing ESO. I'm really hoping that the new DLC will give me a reason to start playing again!

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • bossonova420
    bossonova420
    ✭✭
    just out of curiousity has anyone seen an apex mount? I did not think so. The same will be for this event. as someone put it in the other thread very well, the developers are pumping out great stuff... however as they put in the event tickets in the crown store very quietly shhhhhhh, now there are line ups to the crown store for tickets at 250 a clip.... FOMO is a real thing and so is fortnite too.... What we need is protection from the government over the mafia that owns the developers. Yet here we are defenseless and the fact of well just uninstall played out in the 90's, this is making them very rich and very stupid as well. So I will keep playing and them out of my pockets as much as possible just a plain fact of life now. It's really hard to not see gamers unite and do something about this, I mean what can we do. nothing. And the Govt. supposed to be there to protect us the people aren't they? It's a sad day when we have lost what we are the most.
    Starlock wrote: »

No kidding. The way events were done before was healthy in-game monetization. That wasn’t enough for someone in corporate, so they decided some time in 2018 to turn events into a bigger revenue stream by slowly normalizing mechanisms that would lead up to blatantly predatory monetization. This isn’t surprising looking at monetization changes throughout 2019. The sick part is human behavior is not hard to manipulate, so this will work without a concentrated and continuous backlash.

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    am i unlucky? yes. yes I am. but that's rng for you and HEREIN LIES A PROBLEM. there is far too much rng involved in this event WITHOUT POSSIBILITY OF PROPER TRADE BETWEEN PLAYERS TO COUNTER IT.

Trade with players isn't the only answer, and it's actually an inferior solution because you then have to balance the event against botters and grinders who let players do nothing and still get all the rewards through gold.

In SWTOR there are lots of events with a ton of stuff you have to buy with tokens you get from doing event activities. All those tokens are bound. There's no way to buy everything in one go. But the event will roll around eventually so there's really no fear of missing out -- that's the key: NO FOMO. You just have to show up. Or if you don't want to, there's next time.

Even with the once per year gambling event where tokens and some drops are super hard, people don't complain that much about the (optional) enormous credit sink or awful chance at some drops (0.07%?) because ultimately it's a relaxed event you can go at your own pace.
    You can't even shortcut cash shop your way to the event prizes there.

If we are sure the Murkmire event will come around again with the same prizes up for grabs I wouldn't worry about the current setup at all. Double quest rewards and chance of getting a fragment each day would still be sort of okay. Guaranteeing a fragment drop per gold box would be nice though, or an increasing chance of getting one until you get a fragment drop at least.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 23, 2020 10:46PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so far on my main account i have gotten zero fragments from boxes. that's right. ZERO. even with me deciding to buy berries during last event for spectral indrik... and starting out with 6 tickets before this event went live... I would need 70 tickets total to get both memento and the pet. max I can have is 45. even if I had started with 12 tickets... that would give me 51. STILL not enough to buy all the fragments.

when I say proper, I mean tradable fragments, NOT this transparent push for crown store ticket purchases. every single even prior to this one, if you were unlucky with drops (and i'm ALWAYS unlucky with drops) you could buy pieces you were missing from other players on guild stores. you can NOT do this in this event.

Has it been established that the fragments are not tradeble?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Yes, they automagically go into your Collection.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I planned on buying 1 berry, 1 feather, and possibly purchase 3
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Yes. Strongboxes are account bound, and fragments do not show up in inventory at all.

I think there's a few problems that ZOS is doing with this event, that alone wouldn't be much of an issue.

1. Low Drop rate on boxes . (Most people don't even realise you can get more than one, from what I've encountered in zone chat)

2. Low drop rate on fragments (I've only gotten a fragment in 1 of my strong boxes and its day 4, other people have gotten more and good for them, but the very fact that its possible to not get any fragments is a damn shame)

3. Not having enough tickets to make up for being unlucky and having enough to get the berry (If we grind enough we deserve the limited time rewards without requiring the crown store)

4. Not being able to trade fragments with luckier players (what do you even do if you get them all sooner? Enjoy getting empty strongboxes for the next week? What a waste.)

With all these combine, its a clear push toward the crown store. Its been subtle before, with trading making low drop rates not as much of an obstacle. I paid 300k for some opal styles last event. At least a million or two for the ones I still needed.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goodwill. It takes a long time to earn, but can be burned through very quickly....
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selling tickets is the main aim of events imo - disappointing but monetisation is a big part of the game now.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AndyMac wrote: »
    Selling tickets is the main aim of events imo

It didn't used to be.

• Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

We have been edging towards this since the beginning days of the Crown Store. Players, sometimes myself included, argued that it was okay as long as the things in the store was only cosmetic and convenience. Well here we are 5 years into the Crown Store and now its impacting the way ZOS designs in-game events and experiences so as to funnel you in the direction of the Store. No longer is the Store there for actual cosmetic and convenience purposes. Its there to relieve you of any intentional frustration and designed misfortune.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    AndyMac wrote: »
    Selling tickets is the main aim of events imo

It didn't used to be.

As I've commented elsewhere, I'd rather they just put the pet and the memento directly in the cash shop. I'm fine with limited time, event-based collectibles in the cash shop. At least that's transparent with the intent.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My main issue with all this is that I can't save up tickets to spend on what I choose.

I know there are Jubilee Cake furnishings coming up, in April, but I am forced to spend my event tickets on something I don't really want, that much, instead.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Trade with players isn't the only answer, and it's actually an inferior solution because you then have to balance the event against botters and grinders who let players do nothing and still get all the rewards through gold.

In SWTOR there are lots of events with a ton of stuff you have to buy with tokens you get from doing event activities. All those tokens are bound. There's no way to buy everything in one go. But the event will roll around eventually so there's really no fear of missing out -- that's the key: NO FOMO. You just have to show up. Or if you don't want to, there's next time.

Even with the once per year gambling event where tokens and some drops are super hard, people don't complain that much about the (optional) enormous credit sink or awful chance at some drops (0.07%?) because ultimately it's a relaxed event you can go at your own pace.
    You can't even shortcut cash shop your way to the event prizes there.

If we are sure the Murkmire event will come around again with the same prizes up for grabs I wouldn't worry about the current setup at all. Double quest rewards and chance of getting a fragment each day would still be sort of okay. Guaranteeing a fragment drop per gold box would be nice though, or an increasing chance of getting one until you get a fragment drop at least.

I don't disagree for the most part (I rather prefer to get all current rewards as they are current, in case new rewards are added - makes it less stressful to work on new rewards, usually). mainly I'm pointing out that they actualy made it even WORSE with this event.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fragments should've costed 1 ticket from the vendor. The 5 ticket cost is fine for motifs and what not; not for this.
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fragments should've costed 1 ticket from the vendor. The 5 ticket cost is fine for motifs and what not; not for this.

Get get almost 40 tickets, that is more than enough to get the random day pieces and buy other ***. You can't get the same one twice so you could just use tickets and buy a random piece and be guaranteed to get a different one the next day. Really easy and simple. Everyone is blowing this *** up because they like to just bandwagon whine about things.
    uwu
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deflorate wrote: »

Get get almost 40 tickets, that is more than enough to get the random day pieces and buy other ***. You can't get the same one twice so you could just use tickets and buy a random piece and be guaranteed to get a different one the next day. Really easy and simple. Everyone is blowing this *** up because they like to just bandwagon whine about things.

1) Fragments are not remotely guaranteed.

2) They probably work like the BG style pages where if you would have gotten a dupe, you get nothing instead. So far haven’t heard anyone getting duplicates.

3) It’s not possible to get 40 tickets, there is minimum a day of downtime to redownload the entire game, almost certainly longer because we all know it won’t go smoothly.

4) This is another big instance of predatory monetization. That anyone would defend it is only proof ZOS can treat their customers like sht and some people will still pay them for that treatment.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Regardless of whether someone gets lucky with their drops and event ticket management, and can gather both rewards without buying event tickets, the question remains why the decided to make fragments non-tradeable, something which is unprecedented for these kind of event rewards... and the answer is of course, because they want to sell more tickets. Yes, you don't have to buy them, but the fact remains that this direction is player-base unfriendly.

They're trying to say it's to save inv room, which is obviously a good thing, in theory.

However, it's obviously not so great, if you then still get the same kind of drops, but can't make them up, by buying from guild stores, anymore.

They could have made it so you could either sell them, or add them to your collections tab, as preferred.

Or, alternatively, they could have upped the ticket and/or fragment drop, so it didn't really matter if they weren't tradable.