The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Why is dragonknight the only class that didn’t get a aoe dot cost reduction

wastelandexplorer1
Just as the title said all other classes got one but mag dk nope and it’s the most expensive one at 5.5k mag or 5k with Brenton 5 k with Brenton wtf
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭
    Just as the title said all other classes got one but mag dk nope and it’s the most expensive one at 5.5k mag or 5k with Brenton 5 k with Brenton wtf

Cinder storm and eroption must have reduced bone
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wholeheartedly support reducing the cost of Cinder Storm and Eruption, those are generally not very versatile AoEs to begin with. But I think the thread title is not factually correct, unless I overlooked cost reduction to Warden and NB skills in patch notes. Was there any?
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc, Temp, Necro got AOE DoT cost reduction

NB had non-ultimate skill changes. Maybe the thinking was the AOE DoT didn't need it after the huge damage buff it got recently?

Warden got passive that increases all crit damage through using AOE DoT skill

DK got effective cost reduction of all DoTs and overall potential DPS increase with Elf Bane.
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whether or not it is justified I cannot say but Cinder Storm didn't get a cost increase back when they increased the cost of other aoe dots a few patches ago. Eruption had cost around 5k magicka for quite a while now and I think ZOS is satisfied with its cost per cast given its duration.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden's Icy Grip already had reduced cost and higher damage than (IIRC) all of the other class AoE DoTs, which explains perhaps why they didn't feel the need to further reduce its cost.

I also don't think that the Elf Bane buff really counts as buffing the class since it doesn't replace the meta sets and is more of an interesting build diversity and curiosity option for magDKs.

All that said, I wouldn't say 'no' to another slight buff to Combustion since magDK sustain is still kinda suspect.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @YandereGirlfriend
    [corection]

at least some seem to test elf bane as solid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMO6Nl1x-ew
    Edited by thadjarvis on February 22, 2020 6:40AM
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    another example of elf Bane use. Imo it is a class buff. Kind of like Deadly Strike for Stamplar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR5FQV5mfQQ

MagDK will not only be highest parser for mag, but also arguably the one of the top utility classes to a trial group. Sorc's don't often give synergies anymore; it's really just 4 builds that pump out synergies passively while doing max damage: MagDK+Elf Bane, MagCros, and either Templar.
    1. Full engulfing (usally not fully covered by supports)
    2. Minor buff (often covered by a tank)
    3. Synergy from talon (it's worth using with elf bane)
    4. Provides high uptime on Burning, Chilled (maim and valuable for magden), Concussed (less need for shock glyphs)

MagDK has particular synergy with Asylum for sustain as well.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere wrote: »
    Whether or not it is justified I cannot say but Cinder Storm didn't get a cost increase back when they increased the cost of other aoe dots a few patches ago. Eruption had cost around 5k magicka for quite a while now and I think ZOS is satisfied with its cost per cast given its duration.

This ^
  • Dogzey
    Dogzey
    ✭✭✭
    Dk are by far the hardest hitting magicka class at the moment, rotation is really easy too and elf bane buffed loads there isnt actually a reason to reduce the cost if you say otherwise its an issue on your side really.
    PS4 EU [810CP] - (Clairvoyance)

PvE High Elf Mag DK - Irelia Dragneel (Voice of Reason) (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
    PvE Orc Stam DK - Minato Uzamaki
    PvE Breton Templar - Ashura Namikaze (Voice of Reason)
    PvE Altmer Magcro - Zeref Dragneel
    PvE Orc Stamcro - Saphira Dragonsbane (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
    PvE Orc Stam Sorc - Laxus Dreyar
    PvE Imperial DK Tank- Tartarus the Abyss
    PvE Dumner Magblade - Apex the Destroyer (Flawless Conqueror)
    PvE/PVP Orc Stamblade - IIzuna Uchiha
    PvE Altmer Warden Healer - Lady Netch

PVP Dumner Mag DK - Lady Embers

Clears
    vAS HM
    vMoL HM
    vHoF HM
    vCR +1
    vSS
    Craglorns HM
  • Wrekkedd
    Wrekkedd
    ✭✭✭✭

BRENTON IS SO OP
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Somewhere wrote: »

This ^

This is not entirely true, cinderstorm and eruption were just the first abilitys that got raised to 5k before the nerf they were cheaper, the duration dont realy justifies the hight costs either, since the dk gets a part of the higher uptiome through a passive (eternal mountain).

If you follow this logic and include zos recent steamroling changes, than the templer and the sorc should have higher costs on their abilitys because they have a cost reduction passive.

• GusTheWizard
    GusTheWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let’s say Eruption costs 5k and lasts for 18 seconds, that’s 277 magicka per second (it actually costs less with the cost reduction from armor). with elf bane Eruption lasts for 23 some seconds and change, that’s 217 magicka per second. Winter’s revenge lasts for 12 seconds and costs around 3k that’s 250 magicka per second.
    I think Eruption is fine.